DanielNL

RAM optimization (unload level/map data) hotfix very soon?

Did OWI make a statement already somewhere when the hotfix for RAM usage will be released?

(To unload/release/clear previous played map/level-content data when a new map starts loading)

Or will OWI not work on releasing old map-data from RAM and force all of us 16 GB DDR4 players to either

A: buy an additional 16 GB RAM stick for over 110 $ to have a total of 24 GB RAM (for those who currently only have 2 slots like me, thus currently 2x8 GB sticks)
or
B: end process Squad.exe everytime when our RAM limit reaches 15.8 out of 16 GB usage (and system starts lagging like crazy) to restart Squad and rejoin the server (assuming it isn't full by then, to then join another server OR wait in queue...) ?

( B is my current work-around to save RAM)

Edited by DanielNL

34 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

there will be a patch to fix that problem

Do you have a source to back up this claim?

28 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I read it on discord

Do you remember who posted that on discord?

dont remember, but it was a DEV, red tag, sorry I tried to search for it but couldnt find it anymore

Yep. There have been a couple other threads about this.

I upped my paging file on my SSD right after the patch and it did the trick. No more crashes.

Edited by Lipton (Easy)

We're actively in the process of developing a hotfix for this issue. (And some other fixes.)

The word put out by support:

The issue seems to be mainly affecting users who have less than 12GB of RAM and or run squad on an HDD. This may also affect users who have upgraded their own hardware from an HDD to an SSD and have not fixed their page file.

For the group of users who have decent pc specs and an SSD please make sure your page file is set to your SSD and not any HDDs you may have attached.

To do this open your start menu and type "This PC" right click the option that shows up and select "Properties" In the new window that shows up on the left side select "Advanced system settings" In the new window click on the "Settings" button under the "Performance" header. In the new window click the "Advanced" tab Click the "Change" button under virtual memory Make sure your SSD is set to "System Managed" Hit OK and reboot your system.

If this does not resolve your issues please know we are working on the issue on our end as well.

We know this sucks, but we're working toward a resolution as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience. <3

Thanks! Do you guys plan to announce that support message in the "announcements" forum section? (we gotta be sure that as many Squad players as possible get reminded of increasing their pagefile to avoid the terrible lag) Or is the hotfix planned to drop before this friday afternoon? (I'd say it's an important issue that ruins the fun for all affected players after 2-3 matches)

Edited by DanielNL