Sign in to follow this  
PythagorasHP

Any news on V12 patches/updates?

Any news on the developers regarding V12 patches or updates? There's obviously a lot of talk about the persistent ammo, logical issues, tank bugs, and vehicle vs. infantry balance ever since the release of V12 and I was wondering if the devs have responded at all.

The devs are probably working on the worst bugs atm and at the same time giving the community some time to settle and come to terms with how the game works now.

V12 brought a significant shift in the gameplay mechanics. You usually can't judge a large patch based on the first few weeks of reactions from the playerbase, simply because the first reactions are often driven by emotions instead of critical thinking. As the meta settles you can start working on rebalancing again, I'd give it some time, perhaps even a month or two. 

After this last optimization pass the frames really went up. All the bugs I have seen were quite minor and certainly not game breaking. Upside down machine gun on techie & mrap. The biggest confusion for me is what vics got buffed & nerfed. I've scoped out the colorful vehicle armor section on the range but I'm still not up to speed on what destroys what and where to hit. Obviously the rear end is the weak point on most vehicles but whereas before you could buzzsaw right through the side of a Stryker with a btr-82 now it seems to do nothing. Same with the Warrior. On Kamdesh we had 3 btr-82s shooting a warrior with AP rounds and it just shrugged it off.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

After this last optimization pass the frames really went up. All the bugs I have seen were quite minor and certainly not game breaking. Upside down machine gun on techie & mrap. The biggest confusion for me is what vics got buffed & nerfed. I've scoped out the colorful vehicle armor section on the range but I'm still not up to speed on what destroys what and where to hit. Obviously the rear end is the weak point on most vehicles but whereas before you could buzzsaw right through the side of a Stryker with a btr-82 now it seems to do nothing. Same with the Warrior. On Kamdesh we had 3 btr-82s shooting a warrior with AP rounds and it just shrugged it off.

I shot the front armor of a Stryker at point blank range with over 20 rounds of 30mm AP and it shrugged it off, killed my btr, and drove off. Pretty weird.

8 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

at the same time giving the community some time to settle and come to terms with how the game works now.

Come to terms with how the game works now? That's like telling a guy who lost his legs to just come to terms with his new life now.

QA has said, it's possible next patch could contain vehicle balance, and devs have commented saying they're discussing solutions internally, for logistics issues on larger maps.

There's a lot going on right now, players adapting to new changes, feedback being given, and new systems and mechanics being refined. It take's a bit of time for all these things to come to fruition. A good place to keep tabs on info, is the Squad discord, as Devs & QA pop in discussions from time to time, to give brief insight or to answer questions.

I wish there was an in-game way of dot-reporting something you find wrong. Sure, broken bipods are an easy one. I'm talking about issues found within a map.

For instance. I keep finding invisible walls in the middle of roads, rivers, etc... I have to back up and walk 10 or 20 feet down and around the invisible wall to continue on my way. That's fine, except sometimes it gets me killed. 

There should be a dot-report system available in-game that registers your exact location so as to pin-point the location of the issue. 

We're working toward a hotfix for outstanding issues at the moment (soon), then we'll move into the next batch of fixes. (Less soon.)

Otherwise, we're still actively collecting feedback, watching crash reports, have the next roundtable planned (Dec 8, iirc), and we're going to keep workin'.

Hope the “less soon” fix increases the vertical recoil recovery and you don’t have to constantly pull down on the mouse even when firing single shots. I also preferred the old, more authentic AK sights over the artificially narrow ones we have now.