Quadro

Turret Traverse A+D Keys

Turret traversing has definitely improved in a sense that anyone that tries to change their mouse sensitivity sky high will be faced with a deceleration mechanic to stop players from twizzling the turret 360° like it's some kind of toy. ha!

What players are facing now is the lack of mouse pad to keep traversing the vehicles turret, which results in lifting the mouse up and over the mouse pad over and over again.

When out of zoom mode the A and D keys could be used in conjunction to traverse the turret with the mouse. I would imagine A+D would be used by players to traverse the turret for larger movements and the mouse for adjustments and aiming.

What you think? 

16 minutes ago, Quadro said:

+1

I hope in future we will have fixed max turning speed with proper inertia.

Edited by Disco

5 hours ago, Quadro said:

Turret traversing has definitely improved in a sense that anyone that tries to change their mouse sensitivity sky high will be faced with a deceleration mechanic to stop players from twizzling the turret 360° like it's some kind of toy. ha!

What players are facing now is the lack of mouse pad to keep traversing the vehicles turret, which results in lifting the mouse up and over the mouse pad over and over again.

When out of zoom mode the A and D keys could be used in conjunction to traverse the turret with the mouse. I would imagine A+D would be used by players to traverse the turret for larger movements and the mouse for adjustments and aiming.

What you think? 

I think it is an excellent idea and the most realistic approach is to use both mouse and keyboard at the same, and also include all keys ASDW for up and down as well because the behaviour is the same for up and down if you are in a tank at least. Obviously people don't use mice in combat vehicles. Because precision using keys only is too bad, the combination of keys for course and tiresome adjustments combined with the mouse for fine adjustments would just be perfect. 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

This... I would love to keybind a gamepad or joystick to control my Tankturret

(but not sure if i already can ... will try)

Edited by Titan84

Not sure if this is just what you meant, but one way to achieve this could be that you have a "deadzone" in the middle of where the turret is pointing where you can adjust the aim with the mouse, but if you want to change to orientation of where that "deadzone" is pointing you would have to rotate the turret with wasd.

2 hours ago, Laki said:

Not sure if this is just what you meant, but one way to achieve this could be that you have a "deadzone" in the middle of where the turret is pointing where you can adjust the aim with the mouse, but if you want to change to orientation of where that "deadzone" is pointing you would have to rotate the turret with wasd.

No I think both keys and mouse should be able to be used at the same time. This would be most realistic for tanks at least.