Before V12, holding the Caps Lock button would allow you to walk, thus giving you more stability and making your footsteps quieter. After V12 the Caps Lock button was rebound to the "Command Menu" and there is no way to bind the Walk button. Please make walking a bindable key.

Edited by BlackFire35

I miss the walk function. I always used it in certain situations, the amount of times I've managed to sneak up on someone camping is countless. The amount of times in v12 where I've hit CAPS LOCK to do the same, to be only confronted with a map. Is also countless! haha

Can we have the walk key bindable please?

8 minutes ago, Quadro said:

I miss the walk function. I always used it in certain situations, the amount of times I've managed to sneak up on someone camping is countless. The amount of times in v12 where I've hit CAPS LOCK to do the same, to be only confronted with a map. Is also countless! haha

Can we have the walk key bindable please?

Would be nice! I'd Swap the new MAP to the ENTER key (since it's essentially the same, but better larger view). Then bind walk to CAPS LOCK. 

Edited by PROTOCOL

i never used it, ADS or crouch :)

1 hour ago, suds said:

i never used it, ADS or crouch :)

Crouch uses Stamina. Besides, who crouches all the way up the corridor of a building to sneak up on someone only to cripple your aim and efficiency? :D

Edited by Quadro

Yeah walking was useful, especially since leaning is pretty pointless atm. I'd also like to see it included.

as for binds, I bind the scoreboard to ENTER, Spawn/Loadout to TAB and makes it easy to mark/quickly do things while Squad Leading since the base map (which I moved to B so I can use it with my thumb and not take my hands of WASD) doesn't let me mark.

Eh, it was hardly any slower but it seemed to affect how the enemy heard you which was handy in CQB situations.

I also miss a walk-function in Squad. At some times i wanna go sneaky and silent. It is also useful when going slowy around a corner while aiming!

I loved the walk funktion in Insurgency too! There, you could switch between run and walk by pressing alt. Would love to use this in Squad!

Shouldnt be that hard to get it into the game! Keep up the good work guys! Cya on the battlefield! 

why not just ADS tho?

reduced vision? 

14 hours ago, suds said:

why not just ADS tho?

reduced vision? 

Correct. I need the full situational awareness without the loud footsteps as I move. Plus I would often use crouch and the walk button at the same time for even slower more sneaky snek life.

The walk function never went away, its just that OWI changed the default keybindings and now the walk function isn't accessible unless you were lucky enough to keep your settings from V11.

On 11/23/2018 at 4:29 AM, BlackFire35 said:

Before V12, holding the Caps Lock button would allow you to walk, thus giving you more stability and making your footsteps quieter. After V12 the Caps Lock button was rebound to the "Command Menu" and there is no way to bind the Walk button. Please make walking a bindable key.

I fully support this, walking was a really big part of my gameplay for a while now.