Sign in to follow this  
-.GraD.-

Widened rear sights

I'm suprised that people are still not complaining about this subject. AK rear sights used to be like they are in real life. Some people like sights like that, some don't - still they are what they are, get used to it instead of making them more comfortable.
"Comfort over realism" is something that we see in current Battlefield and Call of Duty series for example. In my opinion games like Squad should not take even a one step in that direction.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, -.GraD.- said:

"Comfort over realism" is something that we see in current Battlefield and Call of Duty series for example. In my opinion games like Squad should not take even a one step in that direction.

Oh really, I dare you to stop using the in-game map which has accurate individual GPS, change the friendly tag to transparent and refuse healing and reviving, see how much realism you actually like.

I agree, the AK sights especially look incredibly goofy now. Some of the other rear apertures seemed excessively wide as well.

personaly i have no problems with the old one but that being said sometimes perspective in game doesnt translate the same thing as real life would. for example red orchestra with the "free aim" thing where your gun moves all over the screen. in real life you can physically feel where you aim at with your eyes closed but in game its much different. its why i dont like that system because its suppose to feel realistic but in real life it feels nothing like that. same with tiny iron sights its much diferent looking through that in real life then in a game 

Edited by greenieJr

A video game will never be able to accurately recreate peripheral vision. And so, video games compensate for this by slightly altering some things. Like gun sights. Everyone who knows how to shoot, knows you don't just look down a sight. You look all around it too. And if you're in combat, you damn well better keep both eyes open. A video game does not recreate any of this accurately, if at all. It only shows a one dimensional view, straight down the sight. Hence, the slight compensations. 

I am all for realism as much as the next guy, but this new change made on the iron sights was a MUST. I had to place my face on the screen just to see if my sight was on target, it was the most annoying thing...

Now I can shoot accurately at the comfort of my seat :)

14 hours ago, shipidge said:

I am all for realism as much as the next guy, but this new change made on the iron sights was a MUST. I had to place my face on the screen just to see if my sight was on target, it was the most annoying thing...

Now I can shoot accurately at the comfort of my seat :)

I don't were glasses in daily life. And I recently passed an eye test just fine. But I use $5 "Readers" when playing video games, just so I can see what the heck I'm shooting at. xD

Edited by Lipton (Easy)