Jump to content
Jibroni Gibironi

How well would this game perform with my PC specs?

Recommended Posts

:hmm:Alright, I need a new multiplayer shooter to replace Battlefield 4, and no, screw BF1 or BFV, I'm just about done with E.A for a while. What about this game? I'm mostly concerned about how well this game will perform in its current state on my PC. Can I get a decent frame rate in this game with this set up on medium or high settings?

 

Windows 10/64 bit

GPU: RX 470

CPU: I7-4790K

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you should be fine with that pc on medium ish 

 

the thing is squad is a 1000 miles away in terms of game play you know that right 

 

also you don’t have to pay £39.99 every month for DLC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea on how your pc will be able to run in V12 right now, but after a few patches it should be fine mostly.

Gameplay-wise, don't expect another Battlefield tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be fine (not sure how well that gpu performs)... And welcome to Squad if you decide to pull the trigger. Once you come to grips with the mechanics and tool-sets you'll feel right at home. Compared to BF, Squad is far more superior in terms of providing a "natural teamwork environment" the sense of presence you get in Squad is unmatched imo. It's difficult to describe, I've been around since the kick-starter and watching/experiencing the iterative growth has been worth it!

 

Squad is my primary go to Multiplayer FPS - for serious fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 5:58 AM, ZXD_Lee said:

Yeah you should be fine with that pc on medium ish 

 

the thing is squad is a 1000 miles away in terms of game play you know that right 

 

also you don’t have to pay £39.99 every month for DLC 

 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:08 AM, EA_SUCKS said:

Squad will go heavy on the GPU, your processor is fine

 

Yeah, on medium settings it runs fairly well on American servers for the most part but its also very unstable, often never going beyond 50 fps. Micro freezes occur a bit too much, dipping into the 30's a lot, even dipping into the single digits occasionally depending on whats happening. No matter though, I'm planning on buying a new computer next year anyway because even the recently released Hitman 2 struggles to stay at a steady 60 fps, especially on parts with a ton of NPC's on screen. Its weird, because Forza Horizon 4 runs extremely well compared to these two games. 

 

On 11/21/2018 at 7:51 AM, PROTOCOL said:

You should be fine (not sure how well that gpu performs)... And welcome to Squad if you decide to pull the trigger. Once you come to grips with the mechanics and tool-sets you'll feel right at home. Compared to BF, Squad is far more superior in terms of providing a "natural teamwork environment" the sense of presence you get in Squad is unmatched imo. It's difficult to describe, I've been around since the kick-starter and watching/experiencing the iterative growth has been worth it!

 

Squad is my primary go to Multiplayer FPS - for serious fun!

The learning curve is definitely steeper than any Battlefield game, it not having an actual training mode isn't helping. The natural team environment as you call it is exactly the thing I found much better than Battlefield games right away. In Battlefield games, everyone was always using some third party software like overwolf or discord. You can't even speak to your own damn team in the PC versions unless given some kind of permission or joining someones website, and the voice chat quality is trash in of itself. Squad is a **** ton better than Battlefield in this respect. I just wish it was easier to spawn closer to the action, like with your squad or something. 

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’ve got a pretty decent pc and can run squad in 1440p with high settings, but I play in 1440p in tournament settings, everything on the lowest setting apart from shadows on medium view distance on high 

 

 

the spawn system is apart of the tactics and game play and yet another thing Battlefield fails at 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

You can't overclock vram. You'd need a better GPU.

Well by vram I meant the memory speed, seems to be working a little better since I did. no matter though, I'm planning on buying a brand new PC soon anyway. I'm just waiting on AMD's reponse to NVIDIA's RTX 2080. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

Well by vram I meant the memory speed, seems to be working a little better since I did. no matter though, I'm planning on buying a brand new PC soon anyway. I'm just waiting on AMD's reponse to NVIDIA's RTX 2080. 

I mean just saying, the 4790K with 16 GB DDR3 RAM is still a powerfull gaming system, with a new graphic card you should be more then fine for almost any game there currently is....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, koschilein said:

I mean just saying, the 4790K with 16 GB DDR3 RAM is still a powerfull gaming system, with a new graphic card you should be more then fine for almost any game there currently is....

Well, that depends on how well optimized the game is to begin with. My PC can run Forza Horizon 4 like a dream, hardly a dip below 60 fps on high settings. This is not at all the case specifically with games in its alpha stage, Squad and Ground Branch. I've had to overclock the absolute hell out of the memory clock speed to even begin to make these games playable. Hitman 2 is another shining example that is admittedly not a well optimized game. Its previous entry did a much better job maintaining 60 frames, but not Hitman 2. It doesn't even have directX12 support. My PC already doesn't meet the recommended specifications for a lot of the most demanding games, so I'm getting rid of this thing regardless. An I7-4790K is mid tier at best, and I'd rather buy the next Xbox Scarlett than waste my money on another mid-line PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×