Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Noobgamer

About the V12 recoil pattern and suppression.

Recommended Posts

It seemed that the dev had regressed back to the V9(or V8?) recoil pattern that completely disregarded gravity. Oh the good old times when automatic firing would have you shooting the ceiling with the better half of your clip.

 

When you are shooting a rifle in real life, gravity and the tension of your muscle would drag the gun back to where it was without you micro-managing it, and that's what the player should expect seeing in game. I get that the dev might be trying to increase the time-to-kill duration, but now shooting just felt awkward as if I had no upper-body muscle and the gun was made of plastic, especially for M4.

 

My suggestion would be to add auto vertical recoil recovery so that the gun would always recover back to the same vertical angle, but introduce horizontal deviation as well, so that rapid firing without re-adjustment would be fine in short range, and horizontal adjustment to aiming would be needed for ranged engagement. What's more, gravity should be respected so that the gun would not keep going up beyond gaining some vertical angles(so that I wouldn't run out of mouse pad when dragging it down to counter the recoil). 

 

As for suppression, its current implementation is simply annoying, like when you are i behind large solid cover and being shot by an APC, you can't effectively aim at it with your RPG despite the fact that you know the APC can't hit you. Why not make it that suppression would speed up the consumption of stamina andslow down its recovery.

 

PS: I would further add the reasoning for why having horizontal sway is better than having vertical sway: The first one requires turning your wrist to counter, which would be far more comfortable for a pro-longed gameplay experience; The latter one requires moving your entire arm, which would be both difficult and exhausting.

Edited by Noobgamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

It seemed that the dev had regressed back to the V9(or V8?) recoil pattern that completely disregarded gravity. Oh the good old times when automatic firing would have you shooting the ceiling with the better half of your clip.

 

When you are shooting a rifle in real life, gravity and the tension of your muscle would drag the gun back to where it was without you micro-managing it, and that's what the player should expect seeing in game. I get that the dev might be trying to increase the time-to-kill duration, but now shooting just felt awkward as if I had no upper-body muscle and the gun was made of plastic, especially for M4.

 

My suggestion would be to add auto vertical recoil recovery so that the gun would always recover back to the same vertical angle, but introduce horizontal deviation as well, so that rapid firing without re-adjustment would be fine in short range, and horizontal adjustment to aiming would be needed for ranged engagement. What's more, gravity should be respected so that the gun would not keep going up beyond gaining some vertical angles(so that I wouldn't run out of mouse pad when dragging it down to counter the recoil). 

 

As for suppression, its current implementation is simply annoying, like when you are i behind large solid cover and being shot by an APC, you can't effectively aim at it with your RPG despite the fact that you know the APC can't hit you. Why not make it that suppression would speed up the consumption of stamina andslow down its recovery.

I think you might have a point about the recoil thing.

 

Whereas when it comes to suppression I don´t agree. Suppression is there exactly for that reasosn. It´s there to prevent you from standing up and aiming your RPG to a vehicle that´s sending a lot of lead your way. And I think this makes sense and Works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

suppression works.... but is a little annoying when bullets are -20 mtres above your head and ure suppressed by random shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, embecmom said:

suppression works.... but is a little annoying when bullets are -20 mtres above your head and ure suppressed by random shots.

IIRC, the devs plan to make suppression scale by the distance of flybys & impacts, sometime in the future - For example, A round flying 10m overhead, will cause far less suppression than a round flying 1m overhead. Will help with the whole stray rounds suppressing you, or some guy just spraying wildly into a 10m radius and being rewarded with full suppression.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, embecmom said:

suppression works.... but is a little annoying when bullets are -20 mtres above your head and ure suppressed by random shots.

I think is 10m, not 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with OP that vertical recovery should be increased. To fire single shots accurately in v11 you have to pull down constantly with the mouse. It’s not particularly challenging but it makes shooting more involved in an annoying way.

Edited by fatalsushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

I agree with OP that vertical recovery should be increased. To fire single shots accurately in v11 you have to pull down constantly with the mouse. It’s not particularly challenging but it makes shooting more involving in an annoying way.

I would further add the reasoning for why having horizontal sway is better than having vertical sway: The first one requires turning your wrist to counter, which would be far more comfortable for a pro-longed gameplay experience; The latter one requires moving your entire arm, which would be both difficult and exhausting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full auto recoil in v12 is not exactly realistic. V11 and V10 both had the best representation of full auto recoil. Now it feels very crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure V12's is a lot like it was in V10 from what i remember. It's nothing like V9/V8's handling, since a lot of the old competetive players say this is as far from v9 as it can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Gatzby announced that the v12.1 patch will decrease sway and tweak recoil. Thank god.

The important thing is not to go back to the laser-guns-BF-style of v9 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tmac said:

The important thing is not to go back to the laser-guns-BF-style of v9 ....

I thought they struck a good balance in v11. It just bugs me that rapid firing in single shot is such a chore now because you have to constantly pull down on the mouse.

Edited by fatalsushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried a little in shooting range and I must say that I like the new gunplay a lot.


It is quite difficult to control the recoil, but in 12.1 the rapid burst is much more manageable and realistic. The weapon that most satisfies me is the m4 with the 3-burst fire and now in v12.1 it is much more effective and usable. In v12 after the first shot, the next two were often "random" and uncontrollable with the mouse. Now the mouse must always check and "use", but in a more rational and effective way.
The sway of the weapon is smaller, on the other hand the recoil gives a "kick up" higher, but more controllable.

 

Great job devs!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×