Sign in to follow this  
Lux

Endless Loading Screens since V12 (preload Textures disabled!)

Hello everyone,

as the title says i can't play the game since the latest update. It used to take quite a while to start the game in V11, but it worked nonetheless. Now, after the V12 Update, it takes me 10 minutes to get to the main menu. I tried joinig  multiplayer matches, but i always stay stuck in the loading screen. I gave it up after more than 20 minutes. I already tried verifying cache via steam, but that didn't change anything. And yes, i unchecked the preload textures option, I updated windows just yesterday, I updated .NET Framework. I checked my anti virus and firewall to not cause any problems. Why even should they ? It worked just fine last week, so it must be related to the patch. I can get to Jenses Range though(although that takes ages). (btw. i run the game on low-medium settings in 1600x900).

I hope someone has a solution to this.

Greetings, Lux

System Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 (2GB dedicated VRAM)
AMD FX 4100 Quad core (4 x 3,6 ghz)

8 GB RAM

500 GB Sata 3 Hard Drive (WD5000AAKX-00ERMA0)

Hello.

V12 require much more RAM than V11. Open task manager and check wich apps takes too much RAM. I suggest to change Page file from automatic to amount not less that your RAM (8GB) on your HDD. Best solution for faster load is SSD for Windows and Squad and Page file :) 

Thank you for your replies. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch then, because I will not spend that much money for an SSD just to be able to play this game.

Hi there @Lux, one member of my group, Chilled Gamers, was having a similar issue in that he could not get the game to launch, maps to load or if he did was experiencing frequent freezing and crashes, despite having well beyond the recommended hardware. Here is the solution that he (cG.Bubba) utilized.  

"So I have looked into the issue a lot of people have been having with crashes in Squad when it comes to memory errors and freezing just after joining a server. The issue is related to the amount of virtual memory players are dedicating to the drive in which they have the game stored. Playing with this idea I have been changing the values of the memory on my drive and have managed to stop all crashes and freezing by increasing the memory from 3936 to 6936. This gives the game an extra 3 GBs and has the game running smoothly. If you can do this on an SSD do so, as there are still some crashes when doing this on an HDD during map rotation."

The video below shows how to increase and decrease virtual memory on windows 10 

The video below shows how to increase and decrease virtual memory on windows 8

The video below shows how to increase and decrease virtual memory on windows 7

Edited by fu*

LUX, squad v12 like to launched in windowed mode,  in Steam>right click SQUAD> properties> SET LAUNCH OPTIONS type in the following>          -windowed        then click OK

Should work better for you . Let me know if that worked.

Edited by ~ IceNinja ~

The only problem i have is when i want to chose sides the guys on the screen are not loaded properly and will stay like that the whole game.

Same is with the part when you choose a role the guy on the right side of the screen is still not loaded and looks all horrible.

It reminds me of Belaya map the whole map looked like its not loaded properly on some servers i think it looked better but on most it looks horrible like the game from the 1990 :-)

Anyone with the similar problem? 

Did you uncheck the preloading of textures Bahrein ?

Ice Ninja, already tried that. No changes.

fu*, I tried it, but it still doesen't work. Someone suggest in another topic to set the maximum pings per minute too 500 in Steam. After trying that, I was able to connect to a game one single time, and my performance was horrible. Way worse than in V11. For some reason that was the only time I made it through the loading screen. I'm still getting kicked by servers after 20minutes or so for a time out.

Still though, thank you for your effort everyone.

Edited by Lux
Forgot something

Update: I can play on Sumari. Whyever. But no other maps work. And yes, i verified local game files via steam. Squad is fine.

Hi Lux sorry to hear that it didn't work for ya. May I ask how are you connected to the internet? Wireless or thru Ethernet?

Sorry just looked at your system specs, I think it`s time to upgrade RAM to 16 gigs.

I was playing V11 with long load times on the following

AMD FX 8320 >all core unlocked @ 3.7 GHz

8 Gigs RAM >Have since upgraded to 16 gig Ram

GeForce GTX 970 4 Gigs VRAM.

Running V12 I now see my video RAM usage going almost over 4 Gigs and my System RAM usage about 6 gigs.

I think by the time Squad reaches Beta we will need 32 Gigs RAM and 2 2080 TI`s in SLI :)

So basically what i`m saying is I think it`s time to upgrade Lux. For me thought the new upgrade will be a GTX 1070 Ti which has 8 Gigs of VRAM.

Edited by ~ IceNinja ~

Then I'll just stop playing. I just upgraded my Graphics Card. Besides that, 8GB of RAM have been by far enough for anything. I won't spend that much money because the devs can't properly optimize their game. Having 16GB as a requierement is plain out ridiculous. Maybe it won't be in 5 years or so, but by now it definitly is. If I'm not able to play a game in 1400x900 on low settings with a pc worth 600-700€...Bye.