Sign in to follow this  
blinddeaforphan

Emplacements and Mobility

I feel emplacements in the game should not be static and also should not be apart of the construction resource, and in fact should have their very own resource system.. Here is why and how I would plan to implement something like this.

Make Mortars, MGs, and TOWs separate from construction points. Make them re-deployable. your character can pack up the equipment and carry it "slowly" to and from, or you can 2-man carry it with no penalty. use ammo to resupply the emplacements, no radio or FOB needed. However the MGs, Mortars, and Tows require a Ammo box placed closely that can be backpacked by a single soldier. Each box contains extra ammo for said emplacement, boxes are universal and deplete over a single use, not consumed, but emptied, you can replenish boxes from Supply/Ammo from a supply dump or a Logi driving by and delivering more boxes of ammo, "If" said emplacements are not inside of a FOB or radio site. Each emplacement will be given by default their standard ammo counts. Mortars 30 HE 30 SMK. MGs 150Rnds 7Mags, Tows 1x GTGM. The ammo boxes will act as an extension to more ammo, and will be consumed on use for said emplacements. All emplacements can be transported in transport vics, logi's Commanders car, on IFVs etcetera, however depending on the vehicle will determine the max amount of equipment transportable.. each vehicle will sacrifice personnel slots for said equipment.. Equipment will now, "IF" lossed/destroyed will cost tickets to replace said equipment. Tickets will only be used up if logistics "Orders", a new emplacement. The max amount of each emplacement will be determined for example, say 5 max machine guns at any one time, 4 mortars at any one time 2 tow sites at any one time. The advantage will be the fact that these emplacements are now re-deployable assets, that can be packed up and moved at will.

The emplacements will spawn at main base, and need to be transported to be used again, or "MAYBE" spawned at a FOB and then be ready for use again

Tell me your thoughts and feel free to add more if you think there needs to be more..

This idea will universally improve the overall effectiveness of all emplacements, give emplacements weight and provide enough flexibility for a quickly changing frontline.. In today's PS you are constantly working to push back the enemy and reassess the location of said enemy, whilst this is going on there is no "one perfect spot" for emplacements and there for having the flexibility to pick up and move said emplacements by ANY soldier will bring much more utilization for these emplacements.

1 hour ago, blinddeaforphan said:

Tell me your thoughts and feel free to add more if you think there needs to be more..

Simply decouple construction points from FOBs, enable building from supply crates that get dropped from tucks and helos, and from trucks directly. Any unused points can be loaded back up from a supply crate into the truck. Digging down a FOB loads those points back in as well, enabling you to pick it up and replace with another. FOBs in PS come with a certain number of free emplacements, so those in effect can be moved. It works really well in PS, it's easy and simple to understand.

Thanks for replying, yeah I think that's a simplistic thought process 2, and I feel keeping it simplistic is best. I had been doing some thinking and wanted to share the ideas, and get a discussion going about this.

agreed decoupling would be good as ive mentioned a few times my preference would be to have supply crates and build points where emplacements do not just disappear when a radio is dug down..they remain until either side digs them down..and are useable by both sides... so if enemy is pushed off an area with emplacements then enemy can use them .  No ticket loss but more importantly the strategic use of the weapons...or repair station etc...  

still think habs should be capturable and transferred to enemy...

Edited by embecmom

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

agreed decoupling would be good as ive mentioned a few times my preference would be to have supply crates and build points where emplacements do not just disappear when a radio is dug down..they remain until either side digs them down..and are useable by both sides... so if enemy is pushed off an area with emplacements then enemy can use them .  No ticket loss but more importantly the strategic use of the weapons...or repair station etc...  

still think habs should be capturable and transferred to enemy...

Great ideas !! Love it

Everything should be useable by the enemy as long as there is ammo. If the enemy loses their emplacements, and left a bunch of ammo and supplies, they've just screwed up. It'd be great if we had a sapper role, so if you are being overrun, you could blow the supply crate, or TOW. 

16 hours ago, LugNut said:

Everything should be useable by the enemy as long as there is ammo. If the enemy loses their emplacements, and left a bunch of ammo and supplies, they've just screwed up. It'd be great if we had a sapper role, so if you are being overrun, you could blow the supply crate, or TOW. 

yes I think demolition.. the habs imo are to easy to take out now with the vicinity spawn stop, so similar to insurgency game mode where SL has to blow the cache with incendiary I think a demolitions crew needs called in to take out the hab and radio, not just dug down...

+1 to all the ideas listed here. 

I'd love for persistent emplacements. Also carrying or moving emplacements sounds awesome too, being able to rotate or move emplacements to match the enemy's advance would be immersive and a great mechanic!