Sign in to follow this  
Combine

PC upgrade suggestion

Hello everyone,

I was thinking to upgrade my PC.
Which config will be better for Squad: I5-9600K+GTX 1060(6gb) or Ryzen 5 2600+GTX 2070

16gb RAM. I'm using 1080p monitor.

Edited by Combine

I have a 7600k + GTX1060 6GB + 16GB ram. If you wait until next week I can give you some performance numbers from benchmarking on v12. 

I am on a business trip until Saturday evening so it will take a while before I can get to my PC to benchmark it. 

My gut reaction would be to recommend the Ryzen system, but probably for the foreseeable future, the Intel system will have better performance in squad. 

2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

My gut reaction would be to recommend the Ryzen system, but probably for the foreseeable future, the Intel system will have better performance in squad. 

Well, that's exactly why I can't make decision. I'm just not sure is it CPU or GPU more important in this game.

Hello and welcome to Squad.

12 hours ago, Combine said:

Which config will be better for Squad: I5-9600K+GTX 1060(6gb) or Ryzen 5 2600+GTX 2070

i5-9600k

Squad was, is and will always be heavily single thread dependent.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

i5-9600K vs AMD-Ryzen-5-2600 vs i5-7600K

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-9600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-vs-Intel-i5-7600K/3337vs3243vs2919

How significant the difference will be in compare to Ryzen system? It looks like the GTX 2070 is better for gaming overall, and considering I'm not going to upgrade anything in next 5 years I would like to have as much potential as possible. So if we're talking about just a couple fps loss it's complitely fine to me.

Edited by Combine

Here are some benchmarking numbers I did with Squad v12. I run all high settings but no anti aliasing or resolution scaling. I also have bloom turned off