Dr_Unfaehig

New "Ping Marker" Should Be Removed From The Game

I've played a lot of V12 during the last weekend and I like the new features like RAAS and the tanks but some of the new stuff turns out to be really annoying and should never have been implemented in this game. 

Calling out enemy positions in Squad channel is sometimes quite tough sometimes depending on your location as you always have to find spots you can refer to. This can be hard at times but is something that you can definitely learn and improve by just playing the game for longer than 2 hours. 

This new kind of ping marker for everyone takes away a huge amount of the game's most important thing - Communication.
It just results in players saying things like "enemys / FOB on my ping" and makes the game even more casual and accessible by reducing the overall learning curve, which wasn't really necessary. In general the new UI changes are unneccessary and just too much, the map gives too much information now, like FOB circles, FOB supply point stats and more which destroys the immersion at least partially. Leave those things to the players! Let them talk!
The only good thing I see about that is, that the Squadleaders role gets a little relieved by that. But the Squadleader role was always stressful and that's something you should be able to live with and also something that you can improve by doing it more often.

Squad is already accessible enough, it just looks like the devs are desperatly trying to acquire more potential buyers by making those kind of changes, but this ruins the game for those who love the game for what it does best - Teamplay & Communication!

I personally like the new UI, the redone maps, the new map features and the new markers including the individual gesture ring. Somebody put a lot of effort into it and it's also very technical looking which I find appealing. If anything, these new changes enhance and compliment "teamwork and communication".