Sign in to follow this  
Asus53

supply system

I think the supply system in Project Realityi s more meaningful and simple. Squad should adopt this system. What do the others think?

m25log1.jpg

latest?cb=20120718052822

logisitcs03.jpg

I do find the ammo crate system useful in PR. Honestly though I don't mind the current iteration for Squad, especially the resupply from infantry and vehicle, the heavier fob supplies though do have me questioning how it will work once helicopters are added. For instance could you just do a flyby passing and not even need to slow down and fear the risk of taking heavy fire? 

Just something I was pondering. 

Whats about the system from Post Scriptum? It looks like a mix of both.

In Squad is supply or ammo just a number. In Project Reality are supply crates and ammo boxes something visible. This brings dynamism into the game and it's fun.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:09 AM, Locke said:

It's more logical and flexible too. 

On 11.11.2018 at 3:09 PM, Locke said:

As I know in Post Scriptum you can not "unload" quickly  or am I wrong? And how should this system work if helicopters are integrated into the logistic system?

Just make them open to both sides. Would be happy to see the old ammo drops.

Im all for it.

I find the old PR style much better (maybe because i am more used to it, but still)

If you are within 200m(?) of the FOB and run out of ammo or wants to change Kit, the SL just puts a crate down and all the FOB ammo magically apears in front of you.

If that`s what is wanted you could enable autorearm and kitswapping at will within 200m of a FOB (yes well exaggerated... i know)

For me the ideal system would be to drop of crates, place the radio within 50m of the crate, shovel it up...done. (of course you can embellish everything with sandbags/TOWs/HMGs/etc...) Every spawn cost some ammo and if the FOB runs out of ammo it is no longer spawnable, so keeping your FOB supplied would be realy important. (and placing your FOB at some strange hard to reach place would be less benefical.)

No need for HAB... the Radio should be the important part for the outpost.

Oh and make Loggi-Trucks 1-2 passenger max... right now they are used as troop transport to build up one maybe two FOBs then abandoned... and the APCs and IFV are (mostly) never used to transport troops but go try to kill some enemy (and fail).

On 11/11/2018 at 3:30 AM, Asus53 said:

I think the supply system in Project Realityi s more meaningful and simple. Squad should adopt this system. What do the others think?

I always hated the PR box system's lack of visual queues.

You wanted to resupply as a medic or AT? Go pound sand, those riflemen in front of you used the last of the box and it crumbled in front of you.