Baumi

FREE WEEKEND´s are out of control

Hey everyone,

I just want to say that I like the idea of getting new people to buy the game, but everytime there is a free weekend out there I already know that playing the game at these times will be a pain in the ass. The servers are getting filled with new players and many of them are very toxic (teamkilling, using loggy truck for transport, digging up friendly bases) which destroys the gaming experience for everyone, because of the chaos. It´s a very annoying issue for experienced players, who just want to enjoy the game like the way they do when theres no free weekend, but it also gives a very bad insight into the game for new players, which maybe even stops them from buying the game. 

At least there should be some kind of obligatory ingame training course for new players, which they must go through, before they are able to join every server or only allow them to join temporary test-servers.  Something has to be done!

Cheers

Try being an ambassador instead. Last night I took some noobs up to the ridge on Kohat, made them a TOW and supplied them all match. In a few other matches I did some other similar tutoring. Maybe if enough people help them instead of writing them off as malcontents we can get the normal daily peaks out of the 2000-3000 range.

44 minutes ago, Baumi said:

At least there should be some kind of obligatory ingame training course for new players,

Safe to say that's a +1 from me. Maybe even a +2.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Try being an ambassador instead. Last night I took some noobs up to the ridge on Kohat, made them a TOW and supplied them all match. In a few other matches I did some other similar tutoring. Maybe if enough people help them instead of writing them off as malcontents we can get the normal daily peaks out of the 2000-3000 range.

+1

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

So where is your argument against an obligatory training like that one I have proposed? If new players have to attend a tutorial before going on the battlefield they wouldn´t have to rely on the help of experienced players and would be far more effective from the beginning. 

hahaha death of laughter, " a training course"

I have an idea even more crazy, should put them in the front line so that it will shoot between them, and if not there is the firing squad

Edited by infamousplayer

4 hours ago, infamousplayer said:

hahaha death of laughter, " a training course"

What's more laughable is this expectations that experienced players are somehow the solution to cover BASICS with new players.

@Baumi

seems every free weekend is "out of control" - pretty sure the same would happen to every single other game on the market, in some way.

prolly got something to do with peeps wanting a taste without having to jump through the hoops of a training/tutorial requirement.

Whilst the "we need training for newbies" camp has valid points, there has also been numerous peeps questioning the need for an obligatory, or required-to-play tutorial as it forces every person to complete it before being allowed to play. don't misunderstand me, i think tutorial type training could be a considered addition to the game - as an option.

The problem, and i've posted this before in one of the other threads (ages ago), is that you cannot stop a n00b from being a n00b, regardless of the tutorial/training required to be allowed into combat. IE: forced training will not ensure a player will play the game properly or in the way it is intended to be played - it comes down to the individuals willingness to play properly, rather than being a n00b.

The RL example i gave to back my argument up is: A driver can be awarded their licence to drive after completing training and testing, but this does nothing to stop that person from being a complete <insert expletive> on the road.

IMO there is so much info out there - vids, community-made guides (which are excellent, i hear), etc. for newbies and interested players to peruse that a training/tutorial, in the game itself, may not be needed - but it would not hurt to add an optional one at some point in development (and it would be be very low on the priority list, methinks) for those that want it - besides all that, we already have a fully-fledged training ground built into the game, that can be used any time.

I also agree wholeheartedly with @Zylfrax791 thoughts. my first experience in Squad was absolutely awesome due to others guiding me on how to SL during the game as i had virtually no experience - they wanted me to learn.

On 11/11/2018 at 3:06 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

We didnt buy and back this development to be ingame tutors and babysitters.

Their kickstarter campaign quote " We want nothing less than to reclaim the genre of tactical shooters for the creators, modders and players who have waited a generation to get back to intelligent, satisfying gameplay. "

My friends and I have given them literally thousands of dollars from day one and this is what we get? Them wanting to be EA.

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

@Baumi

seems every free weekend is "out of control" - pretty sure the same would happen to every single other game on the market, in some way.

prolly got something to do with peeps wanting a taste without having to jump through the hoops of a training/tutorial requirement.

Whilst the "we need training for newbies" camp has valid points, there has also been numerous peeps questioning the need for an obligatory, or required-to-play tutorial as it forces every person to complete it before being allowed to play. don't misunderstand me, i think tutorial type training could be a considered addition to the game - as an option.

The problem, and i've posted this before in one of the other threads (ages ago), is that you cannot stop a n00b from being a n00b, regardless of the tutorial/training required to be allowed into combat. IE: forced training will not ensure a player will play the game properly or in the way it is intended to be played - it comes down to the individuals willingness to play properly, rather than being a n00b.

The RL example i gave to back my argument up is: A driver can be awarded their licence to drive after completing training and testing, but this does nothing to stop that person from being a complete <insert expletive> on the road.

IMO there is so much info out there - vids, community-made guides (which are excellent, i hear), etc. for newbies and interested players to peruse that a training/tutorial, in the game itself, may not be needed - but it would not hurt to add an optional one at some point in development (and it would be be very low on the priority list, methinks) for those that want it - besides all that, we already have a fully-fledged training ground built into the game, that can be used any time.

I also agree wholeheartedly with @Zylfrax791 thoughts. my first experience in Squad was absolutely awesome due to others guiding me on how to SL during the game as i had virtually no experience - they wanted me to learn.

A real life example of how you are wrong is Americas Army.
All my friends that were kickstarter backers have grown disdain for what devs have done to the community and everyone stopped playing.
We all tried the other night, guess what free weekend again!!

just think we have to live with it... I had some good and bad noobs.. the biggest problem I find with free weekends is your trying your best as an SL to make the game a positive experience for the guys in your squad but struggling to get other squads to communicate or teamwork going, then as one team starts to lose the trolling starts etc etc...  this then gives a bad impression of how the game plays out normally.

Its frustrating but no amount of training is going to help guys actually use their mics or understand the game unless you play it... training is only going to do the usual.. this is what moves you, this is what drives you, this is how you shoot... after that you just need to get hours in the game.

I hate to say it but I think perhaps there should be a restriction on taking the role of SL if you have less than x hours in game.. maybe even just the 2 hours so steam refund or now you can take SL role...

Maybe a short video on loading with an option to disable once seen.  Like a how not to suck video. 

Why you just don't play on free weekends? It's only a two days pause and you can play the game after the free weekend like before. And there's plenty of time to show those who grabbed the game how to play it properly afterwards.

Let those who want to go through hell on those weekends go and just play another game for two days.

1 hour ago, Planetgong said:

Why you just don't play on free weekends? It's only a two days pause and you can play the game after the free weekend like before. And there's plenty of time to show those who grabbed the game how to play it properly afterwards.

Let those who want to go through hell on those weekends go and just play another game for two days.

+1

Or just helps the new players know their way around the game and enjoy it...

Remember how you felt when you started. And remember that v12 is much more complex than any previous version

the last game I played yesterday: join a squad SL spawns in gets in the 30 mill he sees he can't drive or use the gun so he runs to the logi every one gets in we go to back cap the first cap an other squad follows for some reason SL has sad nothing for the hole game for some reason he is placing a radio on every cap. on the second cap we almost left one of the trucks behind so I drive away so the idiots running to my truck need to take the second one we cap the next point for some reason the second truck only arrives when we got the cap my squad starts realizing that or SL has no mic we run into the enemy half the squad tries to **** off I die I leave the game...

simple solution: when you open the game for the first time you need to watch a video with some simple tips and tricks, what to do and what not to do. tel them how to spawn in and the UI how all the classes work and what there jobs are how logi's work the types of vic's the ticket system and tell them to keep it with rifleman for the beginning and stay away from SL.

Or the first clue, that your SL didnt know how to play, would be trying to get into the apc, without a crewman kit, or that he didnt reply to your "hello" when you joined. Why did it take you this long to figure out that the SL was a noob?

Also, almost all servers require SL's to have a mic. Why didnt you report him?

15 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

@Baumi

So because a small percentage of all drivers that have obtained their licence drive like maniacs on the road means that there shouldn´t be a obligatory driving licence test for everyone? I acknowledge that there might be some players that will play bad and noobish no matter if they pass a potential mandatory tutorial or not, but I think the majority will have at least the basic knowledge to compete on the battlefield after it.

Edited by Baumi

Yeah it was pretty bad this time around. I actually got on for the entire free weekend and I've never been on a free weekend like this or seen so much bad shit happen (TKing, loggy transport, and other etc) it was really bad this time around but there's virtually almost nothing you can do about it either way and well at the same time I met a lot of cool new players who were willing to learn and not shit talk me if I had to tell them what they were doing wrong. Surprisingly somebody thought I was a new player and tried to school me lmao.

6 hours ago, Planetgong said:

Avoidance isn´t a proper solution. The game is still in Alpha Stage and has enough room for development.

On 10.11.2018 at 6:06 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

PCJqHl9.jpg

Just play on well admined servers, new people who mesh with the game will stay, those who don't will get removed.

At least 1/4 of the new people might be some of the best players you will ever meet once they learn the game. 1/4 will just not return, the other half will be ok eventually.

6 minutes ago, Rudd_Nurseman said:

Just play on well admined servers, new people who mesh with the game will stay, those who don't will get removed.

At least 1/4 of the new people might be some of the best players you will ever meet once they learn the game. 1/4 will just not return, the other half will be ok eventually.

9JHc53l.jpg