Kodagobang

V12 performance

To get straight to the point, I cannot play this game anymore.  With the recent release, I am getting serious stutters every few seconds.  Hopefully this gets patched quickly. I tried changing all of the settings, disabling preload textures, not only are the stutters horrendous I could barely hold 60 fps (would average 75+ before).

The last thing I am going to try is the recent nvidia update and even though I am hoping it will improve things I am fairly certain that it won't.

Fingers crossed X

Hello everyone! As for me, I play at lowest setting on not gaming Laptop with old GeForce  card  and not powerfull CPU - and I can  tell you that V12 perfomance are way better than v11. Especially on a Test range! When I go on public server it's gave me more frames, even there are 50-60 players on it. I try to compare the possibilities on running game on lowest PC spec's. And run well!

I agree with Kodagobang, after the new update I have big performance issues - game is loading much longer into main menu and I don't mention logging into game, which take so long now that server is gonna kick me multiple times because of Authentification timed out or so. When I get into game it is lagging pretty badly and when the map got changed I got kicked, because of long lag. I will try to update grafic card drivers and make defrag, but I don't think it will get any better. But please work on optimization patch, so it is playable again, its a great game!

14 minutes ago, Mike[CZ] said:

I agree with Kodagobang, after the new update I have big performance issues - game is loading much longer into main menu and I don't mention logging into game, which take so long now that server is gonna kick me multiple times because of Authentification timed out or so. When I get into game it is lagging pretty badly and when the map got changed I got kicked, because of long lag. I will try to update grafic card drivers and make defrag, but I don't think it will get any better. But please work on optimization patch, so it is playable again, its a great game!

Yeah if I’m able to load into a game which is very very rare, it’s unplayble due to the amount of lag spikes. The FPS count bounces all over the the place, and it’s 100% not playable even for a second.

With everything on low, the game's still unplayable. I tried to chat with some people and they told me it was even better for them, so I'm guessing they haven't patch yet the game for everybody but it will comes soon, I hope. They are aware of it

V12 performance is much worse, they really need to fix this. My PC is not even utilizing it's full usage, GPU/CPU wise and I'm only having an average of 45 fps.

Edited by Garensterz

10 hours ago, Garensterz said:

V12 performance is much worse, they really need to fix this. My PC is not even utilizing it's full usage, GPU/CPU wise and I'm only having an average of 45 fps.

Luck boy

Something is up and as a result my kills stats are way down.. Just feels really laggy to me and not predictable like a11 was for me. Don't get me wrong I really like a12 and what direction they are taking this game however I am struggling big time to hit the targets.

Afraid performance took a dive for me as well. Used to get 90+ frames and now I struggle to get ~50 (I know, not utterly terrible). Still playable, but def feels more sluggish. Might have to wait for a hotfix for this one.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:33 AM, RostRazzor said:

Hello everyone! As for me, I play at lowest setting on not gaming Laptop with old GeForce  card  and not powerfull CPU - and I can  tell you that V12 perfomance are way better than v11. Especially on a Test range! When I go on public server it's gave me more frames, even there are 50-60 players on it. I try to compare the possibilities on running game on lowest PC spec's. And run well!

I agree. V12 performance is massively better than V11. I run a potato FX6300 and can now get solid 50+ fps most of the time. Where in V11 I was in the constant 20-30 range.

22 hours ago, [BMF] Coanda said:

Something is up and as a result my kills stats are way down.. Just feels really laggy to me and not predictable like a11 was for me. Don't get me wrong I really like a12 and what direction they are taking this game however I am struggling big time to hit the targets.

They also made the guns less controllable. That might be part if it.

22 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Maybe just git gudB|

As posted in the other thread on perf issues, can those who are suffering in V12 please post what amount of system ram you are running?

There weresome minor changes in the squad pak files that have inadvertently made users with 8gb (or less) system ram suffer heavily, we are working to correct this pak file issue with an upcoming patch.

52 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

As posted in the other thread on perf issues, can those who are suffering in V12 please post what amount of system ram you are running?

There weresome minor changes in the squad pak files that have inadvertently made users with 8gb (or less) system ram suffer heavily, we are working to correct this pak file issue with an upcoming patch.

I've got 16gb of ram. I've also had solid performance all the way through up until now, if that helps at all. Still a fun update.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, fatalsushi said:

Are you referring to the new suppression feature or has something been altered on the recoil?

18 minutes ago, [BMF] Coanda said:

Are you referring to the new suppression feature or has something been altered on the recoil?

There’s more vertical and horizontal recoil now, kind of like v10, so the it feels like you have less control over your weapon.

Edited by fatalsushi

43 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

There’s more vertical and horizontal recoil now, kind of like v10, so the it feels like you have less control over your weapon.

Its funny you say that because I was also thinking the recoil had changed. I did asked some more experienced SL's I regularly play with however they said nothing has changed. I also could not find any info on this in the a12 change log. That explains alot. How do you know this? 

Just now, [BMF] Coanda said:

Its funny you say that because I was also thinking the recoil had changed. I did asked some more experienced SL's I regularly play with however they said nothing has changed. I also could not find any info on this in the a12 change log. That explains alot. How do you know this? 

Weapon handling was changed for v12, was quite noticeable during v12 public testing, then on full v12 release they tweaked it again to have less horizontal recoil than v12 initially had.

Weapon recoil is more jumpy and floaty, both in ADS and Point shooting("hipfire")

Thats good to know. I wish the devs stated this in the notes.. I know how to pull down on bursts however  I need some time on the range because I am having a tough time with it.. thanks for the info guys  

7 hours ago, Dubs said:

Weapon handling was changed for v12, was quite noticeable during v12 public testing, then on full v12 release they tweaked it again to have less horizontal recoil than v12 initially had.

Weapon recoil is more jumpy and floaty, both in ADS and Point shooting("hipfire")

Yeah, floaty and jumpy is a good way to explain it. It also feels like the gun gently bounces up and down when you shoot, rather than jerking more violently, which is what I imagine recoil actually feels like (but I’m no weapons expert). Personally, I don’t really like the new gun handling for these reason.

29 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Yeah, floaty and jumpy is a good way to explain it. It also feels like the gun gently bounces up and down when you shoot, rather than jerking more violently, which is what I imagine recoil actually feels like (but I’m no weapons expert). Personally, I don’t really like the new gun handling for these reason.

Weapons are more controllable in reality, it's predictable and repetitive in reality. You mainly have to compensate for muzzle rise(vertical recoil) and horizontal recoil is minimal - unless your support arm isn't gripping the weapon correctly which fails to fully support it(Weapon pulls to where you support arm is), or you are using some type of side loaded weapon, such as a sten gun.

The devs are just testing different things, and trying to pace out firefights more - I as well am not a big fan of of current weapon handling, but it's better than what the first public builds of v12 initially had. I'm more in favor of v11 weapon handling, was a nice balance between realism and balancing gunplay.