Biologik

Serious V12 Problems

Hi, i have been playing squad since March 2016.  I have 1500 hours played and I wanted to provide some necessary feedback on the new alpha 12.

Vehicle torque is absolutely terrible. Many Vehicles (Logi trucks, MRAPS, armored vics) can no longer go up hills

• The new "gearing" system doesn't work and is unrealistic.  Instead of fixing the problem with vehicles going up hills, the problem is actually now far, far worse. 
  • Please allow us to downshift gears in order to go up hills, and make it so vehicles actually have enough torque to go up hills.  Right now it's just pitiful to be holding down shift in first gear and rolling backwards in an MRAP.  That would never happen in reality.  These vehicles have horsepower and can haul themselves up steep hills.  The same with tracked vehicles.

Pressing enter to see the deployment map no longer centers the map on your player.  

• The main reason this is an issue is that, previously, i could quickly press enter to open my map, right click on the map to mark enemy targets, or hover my mouse over friendlies to see who that guy is to my east, or who is in that logi truck, etc.  Now, i need to spend an extra few seconds figuring out where i am in reference to the map.  It may not sound like a big deal, but when in a firefight, those extra few seconds can be very costly. The new way the map works just hinders the flow of the game especially when squad leading.
  • Being able to quickly open the map and mark target locations or communicate to specific players by figuring out who's who is huge.  Also referencing key locations in reference to yourself makes it much easier.  Please bring back centering the map on the player when pressing enter.

New ammo system just doesn't feel right. 

• There should be more dynamic ways to get ammo if you want to keep the current system of not respawning at full ammo.
  • Perhaps allow rally points to also serve as ammo bags which have say, 50-200 ammo depending on squad size.  Currently, there are too few methods to resupply.  Respawning does not refresh your ammo.   So if you are an attack squad in enemy territory, and a vehicle is between you and your objective, and your LATs are out of ammo, there is very little that can be done and the advance is halted almost indefinitely.

Refleks Guided Missile doesn't work on T-72. 

• The missile dissapears and doesn't hit it's target if target is less than 500m away.

Sights for AK rifles are a bit off and shoot a bit too high.

This is true for both the ironsights and optics.

I will continue to provide feedback on this thread as i play the new alpha.

Thanks

Edited by Biologik

traction on all vehicles is not right .. 

new ammo for me is fine .. you have riflemen with ammo bags... as an SL you have to decide the makeup of the squad if you have no riflemen then no ammo...  

as for the map it needs a bit of work.. it is confusing and difficult to spawn with the clutter, even when reducing or removing some of the icons... however its much easier to find players... with the rclick ping and also clicking on their name but it should move to them or at least be a little more obvious when highlighting them.

Edited by embecmom

Game needs lots of jeeps. Walking these large maps in not fun. Cannot always get a ride. Some players take vehicles and do not wait for others to get in.

3 hours ago, Nubski said:

Game needs lots of jeeps. Walking these large maps in not fun. Cannot always get a ride. Some players take vehicles and do not wait for others to get in.

what do you mean by "jeeps"

9 hours ago, Biologik said:

New ammo system just doesn't feel right. 

• There should be more dynamic ways to get ammo if you want to keep the current system of not respawning at full ammo.
  • Perhaps allow rally points to also serve as ammo bags which have say, 300 ammo, and resupply themselves 100 ammo every 5 minutes or something like that.  Currently, there are too few methods to resupply.  Respawning does not refresh your ammo.   So if you are an attack squad in enemy territory, and a tank is between you and your objective, and your LATs are out of ammo, there is very little that can be done and the advance is halted almost indefinitely.

It works great for me. They just have to make choose exactly what you want to rearm.

The intent is just that. If you are an isolated team with Rally in enemy territory, you will not have too many attempts to assault a flag before the ammunition ends. And if they end up they organize themselves in another way ... you return to the FoB, you call a vehicle and try again.

The beauty of this system is precisely managing attacks / defenses and resources.

100 ammo every 5 minutes? It makes no sense.

At this point the ammo system is completely removed.

The resources MUST be limited and you need to work more with the other teams.
If there is a tank I think it's normal that only one squad can not do that much ... it's called friend support and we work together.

Edited by Tmac

"Pressing enter to see the deployment map no longer centers the map on your player."

I love this feature. I always thought the map should return to what I was previously looking at so this was a pleasant surprise that it was implemented.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:24 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

"Pressing enter to see the deployment map no longer centers the map on your player."

I love this feature. I always thought the map should return to what I was previously looking at so this was a pleasant surprise that it was implemented.

I strongly disagree with you.  As a squad leader, it's absolutely essential to be able to engage the map quickly and exit out.  Not centering the map on the player delays this process tremendously and is very bad for flow of the game especially when in battle.

As far as the above comments on ammo being fine, I still think there needs to be some change to allow for better flow and a more dynamic aspect to rearming. 

Maybe allow riflemen ammo bags to resupply on death but keep everything else the same.  Or allow rally points to serve as ammo bags with a limited amount of ammo as well (say 50-200 ammo per rally point depending on squad size, etc).

Edited by Biologik

not sure what dynamic ammo is..but either the rally should supply or rifleman not both... I think its painful though that when you first spawn in on a rally at the beginning of a round that you dont have requisite ammo... but this does mean everyone needs to use vehicles to move if they want the ammo so this is the trade off I guess.. arming can be done out of vehicles/ammo crates and now riflemen not sure what more is needed...

it makes you think more about you situation than just unloading all your ammo or using that at rocket to fire at infantry... for me its a good change ...

5 hours ago, Biologik said:

Sights for AK rifles are a bit off and shoot a bit too high.

Honestly I've been playing these type of games since their inception in 1998 and hands down Squad has the most realistic & grounded gunplay ever... the ADS, the movement & the time to kill all spot on... so yeah I can assure you the AK is perfectly fine bro...

22 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly I've been playing these type of games since their inception in 1998 and hands down Squad has the most realistic & grounded gunplay ever... the ADS, the movement & the time to kill all spot on... so yeah I can assure you the AK is perfectly fine bro...

im not talking about squad as a whole. I am talking about the new update alpha 12.  The AK sighting shoots a bit high compared to the sight reticles. I have to compensate by putting my target ABOVE my reticle or ironsight.