Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Chance

Where the HECK am I getting shot from?!

Similar Experience from v11 to v12  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Similar Experience from v11 to v12

• Yes
    • No
    • Shut up, it's fun shooting you in the face while you look around confused :)

Hi Squad Devs,

I love seeing the progression of this game, it really does get better & better with more and more depth. Almost one of the greatest attributes Project Reality had in the past, we we're all there for the ride. Luckily this engine & game should last a bit longer than the old bf2 engine.

Guys, I have no clue where the hell I'm getting shot from. I'm not sure exactly what you changed with the suppression system, but holy shit you changed something that could of complimented the current new system. This may be a sound issue, I'm not really sure, but I do like the new sounds FYI. I'm not sure what that item is, but this isn't real life where you have directional awareness. I can't tell where the bullets are coming from in this version... like at all.

It's very important to have some level of directional awareness from where your getting blasted. I can't complain about anything else really. I just want to know where these bullets are coming from, and it's not glitched where I can't see the enemy as some have stated. (I also always use a headset aswell)

Regards,

Christopher Chance

Edited by Christopher Chance

Heh, pet peeve of mine too, but I usually blame my bad hearing. I'm curious to know what others think as well.

I haven't played enough v12 to tell. I recently added 5.1-to-stereo HRTF to my sound setup, so I'll try to see if suppression sounds are completely non-directional, or if they have a lead-in and trail-out in one axis.

It's a balancing act, though. If you make the shooter's direction too obvious, the target becomes overconfident and won't feel the suppression effects, even if his screen is nearly black.

for me I wouldnt suggest to add any incoming damage marker because that would compromise the realism. 

Now for the directional awareness, that responsibility directly falls on the squad leaders and communication between members to designate the relevant enemy position.

Its definitely harder to tell incoming fire angles now,

But personally I like it. Now I have to think about all possible angles they could be, and act accordingly.

I used to be able to pinpoint a direction I was getting shot from. I think that was a little cheesy. Now rifles w/ scopes are much more deadly, and last longer.

Maybe some "metal mosquito" sounds could be added for near-misses.

My vote was for C.

I dont have realworld experience taking incoming rounds, but Ive seen a lot of real world video.

From what I've seen you cant always tell where you're getting shot from, and you dont always have the time to look around either. Either you get shot, or you MOVE.