Gatzby

Alpha 12 Release and Free Weekend

RKG 3 got shelved. was broken for quite a while. - might see a come back at some time in future.

with the patch : infinite loading for 20 min to say "connection to server timed out"  , eat all memory ,  can t join a server and play anymore

Edited by Evans

Got a proper round in on Outskirts today and found out the devs are basically turning this game into an interactive war movie.

8 hours ago, UNIT_normal said:

Where are FCS and thermal optics for armor?

Are we playing modern armor or WW2 armor?

The devs afaik are debating wether it would make them too overpowered, especially now they are already very powerful assets compared to everything else. Good heavy-AT weapons need to be added, and air assets. Maybe after that they can get away with making tanks even more powerful than they already are.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:38 AM, fatalsushi said:

the devs are basically turning this game into an interactive war movie.

I got the exact same vibe playing on Yeho! I kinda like it

The sense of presence you get in this game is unmatched. When you couple that with good players/community the experience is superior than any other FPS game, that I've played. Overall, being here for the long journey since kick-starter makes it even more enjoyable, understanding the subtle changes and to see what it has become. This is still not the final vision/complete but the direction and execution is coming together well. Amazing job DEV team! 

7 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

The devs afaik are debating wether it would make them too overpowered, especially now they are already very powerful assets compared to everything else. Good heavy-AT weapons need to be added, and air assets. Maybe after that they can get away with making tanks even more powerful than they already are.

If they start adding thermals, infantry will become fodder on the battlefield. Especially if they add Helos with thermals. 

I would hate for this to become another World of Tanks where infantry are just there to enrich the field with targets for the beast of war. Hopefully they'll implement them in a manner that will benefit all players and not just the tankers.

Edited by Lipton (Easy)

5 hours ago, Lipton (Easy) said:

If they start adding thermals, infantry will become fodder on the battlefield. Especially if they add Helos with thermals. 

I would hate for this to become another World of Tanks where infantry are just there to enrich the field with targets for the beast of war. Hopefully they'll implement them in a manner that will benefit all players and not just the tankers.

The same things were said about PR when thermals were added to vehicles and aircraft, but they turned out just fine :) 

People were also saying that the introduction of vehicles into Squad would unbalance and ruin the game. Guess they were wrong, too.

Yeah but my point was that tanks without good counters right now are already pretty OP (naturally, they should be). Adding terminals imo should be done when tanks have more counters.

47 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Yeah but my point was that tanks without good counters right now are already pretty OP (naturally, they should be). Adding terminals imo should be done when tanks have more counters.

perhaps when choppers come in that will be interesting.. got my ass handed to me yesterday on talil because the teams armour rushed and got wiped.. couldnt get a tow up as the t72 had range on us all the time... tank squads need to work better with each other as they oft split up ...  I just think the tanks become op because the opposition dont work together.

25 minutes ago, [83][GT]PFC_Chaz said:

Who thinks they should come back with some humvees?? mix them with the mraps and their golden i miss them. I remember when they didnt exist in this game!

the reason the Humvee was removed I  believe was licencing issues... unless thats sorted dont think they will be back.

I think we may also see some more anti-tank weapons come into the game (maybe fire and forget systems) that will help with this slight OP factor at the moment.

The meta will also mature as players figure things out.

I'm still on the fence with the V12 update.

First and foremost, the game can't be played by a large number of players. It crashes nonstop for them. I play with a regular crew and half of my crew can't even keep the game going. It crashes nonstop.  Another fellow streamer can't stream it anymore because it crashes for him as well.  Don't respond with "reinstall the game, clear cache, etc."  None of the options work that people have tried.

Second, the fact that you need 5+ rockets now to take out any vehicle is mindblowing. That is not realistic in the least. The lat and hat roles are the most frustrating to players in game at this time. Its the biggest complaint that we have heard in game so far.

Third, if helicopters are not going to be introduced anytime soon to address the large maps which are not infantry friendly, then smaller/faster vehicles are required to get people from points a to b. Some maps people just quit because they are vehicle only maps and there are limited vehicles. Myself, I leave a server when certain maps come up as "next map".

There are quite a few long standing bugs in the game still. The fact we continue to fall through the map and that was never addressed is disappointing as well.  The ongoing issues should have been cleaned up along side introducing the new features. Leaves a bad taste in most of us who have 1200+ hours in the game.

Edited by Bunnaayy

On 11/13/2018 at 12:08 AM, UNIT_normal said:

Where are FCS and thermal optics for armor?

Are we playing modern armor or WW2 armor?

A large chunk of alpha 12 was building tanks and component damage as systems -- the ammo box and engines are just the first implementations. We have plans for more. =)

V12 LONG LOADING SOLVED!!! !!!

I finally got it. I tried to clear cache, reinstal squad, changning video settings - nothing worked.

I was thinkining and thinking... Servers are disconecting me becouse i were loading map too long.

FINALLY SOLUTION:

- Install SQUAD on your SSD drive!

It worked for me! Hope it will work for you guys. Specially for this i created this forum ACC.

1 hour ago, AngryFox said:

V12 LONG LOADING SOLVED!!! !!!

I finally got it. I tried to clear cache, reinstal squad, changning video settings - nothing worked.

I was thinkining and thinking... Servers are disconecting me becouse i were loading map too long.

FINALLY SOLUTION:

- Install SQUAD on your SSD drive!

It worked for me! Hope it will work for you guys. Specially for this i created this forum ACC.

Thanks for reporting that! I'm glad it solved your issue 

On 11/14/2018 at 12:59 AM, Psyrus said:

The same things were said about PR when thermals were added to vehicles and aircraft, but they turned out just fine :) 

Ehh I dunno about just fine, but the community there has matured and has more commitment perhaps.

Right now we barely have the resources to deal with vehicles as it is with rendering issues and you wanna make them have the easiest time sniping "literally everything" unchallenged? Nah man I like having a game to play. It'd rather not just be the point in some tank's point and click adventure of the entire map.

When helicopters (especially transportation helis)  become available in this game, the whole experience will change completely in some (large) maps. Project reality is the best way to follow.