reaper5

please do not release this patch

4 hours ago, Umut said:

Totally agree and I would like to add

v12 is R U B I S H ! Optimization is still scandal! You have worked on it for nearly 2 years but it has become much worse! I have i3 8100 3.60 ghz GTX 1050 TI 2x8 2400 mhz RAM I got nearly 30 fps with lots of freeze in the game in low settings despite getting 40-60 fps in medium-high settings in v11. It's enough! Please solve the god damn problem!

While he's a little aggressive for my liking, i can relate to this guy's feelings about optimization. not sure there's any need for my computer to take 5  minutes to reach the main menu. Then it takes a few minutes for the game to iron out all the stickiness and about 5 - 7 minutes later it runs stable. your talking about 15 minutes to have a stable game. However windows 10 is a disaster when it comes to scanning game files prior to launching apps. 

My guess is that because the game is in alpha, it's modulus are heavier and the devs can only repack the game with optimized modulus coming up to beta finalization. When you add things like tanks to the vehicle physics module for example, you are adding to the startup load of the game and that's to be expected, more scenery, more textures, more everything. But do i want to wait that long for optimization? no, that could take 4 years for all i know. And before a fanboy tells me its in alpha and to stop complaining like one always does, Squad is not a mod like PR made for free by volunteers, its a business, i purchased the game, i'm a customer, i have invested in the business and i am entitled to a fair shake. i have managed my expectations. I'm simply giving feedback.

Other than that, got no problems. 9.9/10 solid game, devs are wholesome af.

1 hour ago, Psyko said:

And before a fanboy tells me its in alpha and to stop complaining like one always does, Squad is not a mod like PR made for free by volunteers, its a business, i purchased the game, i'm a customer, i have invested in the business and i am entitled to a fair shake. i have managed my expectations. I'm simply giving feedback.

+1

Love you dude!

2 hours ago, Psyko said:

My guess is that because the game is in alpha, it's modulus are heavier and the devs can only repack the game with optimized modulus coming up to beta finalization. When you add things like tanks to the vehicle physics module for example, you are adding to the startup load of the game and that's to be expected, more scenery, more textures, more everything. But do i want to wait that long for optimization? no, that could take 4 years for all i know. And before a fanboy tells me its in alpha and to stop complaining like one always does, Squad is not a mod like PR made for free by volunteers, its a business, i purchased the game, i'm a customer, i have invested in the business and i am entitled to a fair shake. i have managed my expectations. I'm simply giving feedback.

I see where you're coming from yeah. But the steam page clearly what early access means. Believe me, if you'd be able to play, for example, Battlefield 5 mid-development, you'd be getting just as many issues up untill the beta stage. Now, i don't think the waiting for the beta stage will be another four years. The devs in a podcast stated that they hope to be out of alpha and into the beta by the end of this year. I have very high doubts that they'll make it that quick, personally i'd say it's in beta by mid-2019. In the beta stage it's easier to optimize a game, since everything important is done, content, core features, smaller features etc.... By then the devs have the complete picture of their game, with no more major things to add for the full release, so more people can focus on testing and optimization, and it simply becomes less of a pain to do so.

7 hours ago, MrJJuK said:

So what you're saying is, that everything sounding a lot better, more immersive and damn right ****ing awesome (eg. an AP round going whizzing over your head), is bad right? :So.O 

Sounds amazing on my 7.1 Dolby headphones.

Do you have a shit headset or sound card maybe?

LMAO!!! see its people like you that take things out of context... The gun sounds are terrible... like another person said, it sounds very muffled and bad... have you heard what the scout car sounds like now? :/.... 

Obviously hearing the AP round whizzing over your head is amazing, it made me duck every time.... in my post i have also said that theres a lot that i like, but the bad outweighs the good....

I strongly disagree with OP.

In my opinion Version 12 is a big leap in the right direction.

Some mapper in the developer studio grabbed his balls and FINALLY made a quality map. Talil is the new standard to maps. Belaya needs SERIOUS change with its god awful road system, and randomly placed hills, trees, bushes, rocks, everything... Really liking fireteams. Really liking ammo system... I need to explore FOBs and super FOBs to say something about it. And I need to experience the suppressive fire more to tell more about it.

Also, games that got British VS Militia is very bad. The british are invisible and on the other end militia are huge black dots waiting to get shot.