Gatzby

Squad - Public Testing now available on Steam

Hey Squaddies!

As some of you may have noticed, we've implemented an alternative testing installation in Steam for Squad, known as Squad - Public testing. There are three important things to know:

1. This is a separate, additional installation of Squad for testing purpose. It will require a full download if you choose to join the test.
  2. Alpha 12 will be available to everyone via this method! Community servers! Slightly smaller queues! More tanks than you can shake a HAT at!
  3. It's still a playtest -- so expect bugs, crashes, and changes. Send us your feedback!

You've all been patiently awaiting Alpha 12 and we're happy to bring it to you with this new, improved testing method. Let us know what you think!

To download, simply navigate to your Steam Library, select the Squad - Public Testing game entry, and Play from there. This is what it looks like in my library:

unknown.png

Are there now actual servers within the Server Browser, or still just Custom Servers? Hard to play when the queues are like +24 at peak times xD

Nice! How and where to download it comrade?

7 minutes ago, RUSO said:

The same method, go to your library in Steam > right click on SQUAD > Properties > Beta and insert the code.

Now, a second game will show on your library that doesn't change the original files.

--

Amazing. Now we can play both versions without uninstalling and installing over and over again!

Edited by doug8756

1 hour ago, LilShrimp01 said:

Are there now actual servers within the Server Browser, or still just Custom Servers? Hard to play when the queues are like +24 at peak times xD

Community-hosted servers should be available.

22 minutes ago, RUSO said:

Simply fire up Steam, navigate to Library, and find Squad - Public Testing. It should appear as its own entry now. After that, download (WARNING: IT IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE SQUAD INSTALLATION) away and get your game on. If it doesn't start downloading, try restarting Steam.

@RUSO

faCpdDu.png

25 minutes ago, doug8756 said:

The same method, go to your library in Steam > right click on SQUAD > Properties > Beta and insert the code.

nope, see pic above.

Thanks to all! It's downloading...

1 hour ago, beginna said:

@RUSO

faCpdDu.png

nope, see pic above.

Strange, for me "Squad - Public Testing" was not in my library until I inserted the code.

Well, I could be wrong.

I was in public test after a download 11gb + 6gb 1.3 mo / sec and now I have nothing 
but I have to re-download 17go .... still 1.3mo / sec... 

Edited by DinamO

21 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Hey Squaddies!

As some of you may have noticed, we've implemented an alternative testing installation in Steam for Squad, known as Squad - Public testing. There are three important things to know:

1. This is a separate, additional installation of Squad for testing purpose. It will require a full download if you choose to join the test.
  2. Alpha 12 will be available to everyone via this method! Community servers! Slightly smaller queues! More tanks than you can shake a HAT at!
  3. It's still a playtest -- so expect bugs, crashes, and changes. Send us your feedback!

You've all been patiently awaiting Alpha 12 and we're happy to bring it to you with this new, improved testing method. Let us know what you think!

To download, simply navigate to your Steam Library, select the Squad - Public Testing game entry, and Play from there. This is what it looks like in my library:

unknown.png

what code???

Please bring back Walk
Honestly why even remove it, was it hurting people, was it in the way for coding the new tanks, Have players complained that it was there?

On 06/11/2018 at 11:58 PM, Thegreenzzz said:

17.1 GB *oof* idk if i can do this see ya tomorrow

On 07/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, DinamO said:
I was in public test after a download 11gb + 6gb 1.3 mo / sec and now I have nothing 
but I have to re-download 17go .... still 1.3mo / sec... 

Same here, @ 800 kb/s xD

9 hours ago, Squad Fox said:

Please bring back Walk
Honestly why even remove it, was it hurting people, was it in the way for coding the new tanks, Have players complained that it was there?

+1

And great idea to separate V11/V12 , Thx devs

Edited by Nightstalker21

Another small update just went out:

• Scoreboard now shows which fireteam your squad members are in.
  • Skirmish layers have received an update, and so did Chora layers.
  • Russian desert ammo bag texture got fixed.
  • Fixed a crash on map change.
  • Fixed fully load textures being on by default.

Server Closed Connection Server Closed Connection Server Closed Connection Server Closed Connection Server Closed Connection... CRASH.... CRASH..

It is fÖÖking terrible at this moment..

1 round on 8 tries was a full round.

So let´s se if the new update do some gooooood :)

On 11/6/2018 at 3:44 PM, Gatzby said:

Community-hosted servers should be available.

Trying to use the Squad - Public Test Dedicated Server on Linux (AppID 774961) but it's showing up in the Custom Server list as v11 and the last update to the public branch was 6 months ago. There's a community-host branch updated 2 hours ago but it has a password.

https://steamdb.info/app/774961/depots/