Sign in to follow this  
Elad

Vehicle ticket count

In v12 the vehicle tickets were lowerd not by 5 or 10 by 15 in some cases. I think this a big mistake and not the tight way to deal with the problem of players blowing up vehicles all time. Vehicles are assets to be used cerfully and if not your team should feeling the cost of lossing that vic.

The corrent ticket cost was good , making a tank woth 15 t is crazy in my mind making the games last way to long and players using them without care. I dont understend how they went from 25 t 30mil btr to 10 thats crazy. What are you thoughs, let me know .

General PUB cant be assumed to be bothered with ticket cost/loss. This this alteration is a attempt to take away the empathise on vehicles losses losing a game. More the manpower and Fobs.  Also Tanks wont be massive ticket takers if non MBT's arnt' worth much.  It's an ongoing development.  

19 minutes ago, Smee said:

General PUB cant be assumed to be bothered with ticket cost/loss. This this alteration is a attempt to take away the empathise on vehicles losses losing a game. More the manpower and Fobs.  Also Tanks wont be massive ticket takers if non MBT's arnt' worth much.  It's an ongoing development.  

this.... too many people dont give a crap about tickets..nor how to use vehicles...

12 minutes ago, embecmom said:

this.... too many people dont give a crap about tickets..nor how to use vehicles...

Agree 

39 minutes ago, Smee said:

I dont get that , tickets are part of the game , whats wrong about loosing 10 vics and loosing the game because of that, its a teambased game right? , if you put vehicles in the game then they should effect it .

If this is a tactical teambased shooter then making it so its okey to just throw vics at the enemy not caring about anything trying to get as many kills as you can before you blow up shouldnt be the way to play it . 

Edited by Elad

I feel like it would be fine to lose less tickets, if they made the respawn times higher. 20 minutes for a mbt sounds about right.

Its like a squad that boast they have 100 kills on the final screen, but don't mention the 80+ deaths/.  The more experienced SL's try and focus of losses and positive play but you dont always get that. Or the IFV that dies for the 4th time that says how well they have done on 20 kills for 4, not mentioning the 80 tickets they have lost getting there.  

Getting back to the OP. Taking Vehicles out maybe a better way of prompting squad survial rates. Been a while since seeing other squads with below 10 deaths.  

14 minutes ago, Smee said:

Its like a squad that boast they have 100 kills on the final screen, but don't mention the 80+ deaths/.  The more experienced SL's try and focus of losses and positive play but you dont always get that. Or the IFV that dies for the 4th time that says how well they have done on 20 kills for 4, not mentioning the 80 tickets they have lost getting there.  

Getting back to the OP. Taking Vehicles out maybe a better way of prompting squad survial rates. Been a while since seeing other squads with below 10 deaths.  

So why have them in the game ?

Plus if and ifv think 20 kills is worth 4 deaths then he will make his team lose because he doesnt understend the game , whats wrong about that ? 

Edited by Elad

Elad I'm guessing here but I'd say the devs are trying to relax all the restrictions and make the game slide a bit more towards the arcade side simply to make it appeal to the general public plus also give the average player more opportunities to use the vehicles. I mean its all about people having fun right? In contrast the game could go total MilSim with the tanks costing 100 tickets, no HAB's or Rally Points and many other "realistic" features but then we'd drive off even more potential players than we already have with all the prior shenanigans. Making the game more accessible and growing the community seems like a good thing.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Elad I'm guessing here but I'd say the devs are trying to relax all the restrictions and make the game slide a bit more towards the arcade side simply to make it appeal to the general public plus also give the average player more opportunities to use the vehicles. I mean its all about people having fun right? In contrast the game could go total MilSim with the tanks costing 100 tickets, no HAB's or Rally Points and many other "realistic" features but then we'd drive off even more potential players than we already have with all the prior shenanigans. Making the game more accessible and growing the community seems like a good thing.

Now thats replying to what i said with extreme, 100 t for a tank no hab no rally, I didnt say that. The game is a game but as i said lowering the ticket count this much will make teamplay worst in my opinion. 

1 squad can take vehicle after vehicle..and waste tickets not supporting the team, or driving straight into enemy contact or just leaving them sitting on map because they wanted transport...   

as a medic that drives me nuts as I might work my ass off saving 10 revives or indeed on a great night 20 tickets...

as there is no punishment to individual squads Im guessing this is a good way to make the rounds longer and of course stop the crappy SLs just wiping out the tickets and fun for everyone else.

Id like to see limited vehicles that dont spawn in after a while.... but thats me being my grumpy, fun breaking old man self.

Edited by embecmom

12 minutes ago, embecmom said:

1 squad can take vehicle after vehicle..and waste tickets not supporting the team, or driving straight into enemy contact or just leaving them sitting on map because they wanted transport...   

as a medic that drives me nuts as I might work my ass off saving 10 revives or indeed on a great night 20 tickets...

as there is no punishment to individual squads Im guessing this is a good way to make the rounds longer and of course stop the crappy SLs just wiping out the tickets and fun for everyone else.

Id like to see limited vehicles that dont spawn in after a while.... but thats me being my grumpy, fun breaking old man self.

+1

Agreed.

Heavy assets should have a heavy respawn timer. 20 mins for example.

In PR When one team destroys the enemy tanks they take initiative and start pushing and become offensive. Playing on both sides is exciting. In the offensive side you need to do the best you can before they respawn their tanks and in the defensive side you have to hold with inferior forces.

That would also make players who créate heavy assets squad not be wreckless with them because thay won´t have them for 20 mins. 

In my oppinion they should lower the ticket cost a bit, but not this drastic.

This wil allow people to just roll around and not really get punished enough to encourage learning from mistakes.

If anything it promotes people being stuck in a certain mindset because: "i just need 10 kills for this to be worth" and before you know it people start racing right into combat and rambo'ing the shit out the game.

This is most definitely not the way this game should play.

While this game is not a 1 on 1 simulation of real life, a vehicle being worth 10 death and a tank even 15 is just too much.

A much better way to start adjusting the balance is be starting with small adjustments and not just winging it like this.

In the end i do get why they want it to cost less tickets but where i have my doubts is whether or not this is going to be counter productive and creating a new problem.

9 hours ago, TheRealHoneyBadger said:

If anything it promotes people being stuck in a certain mindset because: "i just need 10 kills for this to be worth" and before you know it people start racing right into combat and rambo'ing the shit out the game.

That wouldnt happen if you highly increase the respawn timer for the vehicle to say...20 minutes.

Then nobody is going to risk it that much.

this is kinda the situation:

Increase the ticket cost ------- you punish the team for the crew´s mistakes. Selfish crew´s wont feel punished and just hop onto the tank when it respawns.

Increase the respawn timer ---------- you punish the team AND the crew is left without a vehicle AND THEY DONT WANT THAT. So they can be destroyed, but they wont risk being on foot for 20 minutes for doing something stupid.

Increase ticket cost and timer --------- well...all of the above.

24 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

That wouldnt happen if you highly increase the respawn timer for the vehicle to say...20 minutes.

Then nobody is going to risk it that much.

this is kinda the situation:

Increase the ticket cost ------- you punish the team for the crew´s mistakes. Selfish crew´s wont feel punished and just hop onto the tank when it respawns.

Increase the respawn timer ---------- you punish the team AND the crew is left without a vehicle AND THEY DONT WANT THAT. So they can be destroyed, but they wont risk being on foot for 20 minutes for doing something stupid.

Increase ticket cost and timer --------- well...all of the above.

I agree making the timer way higher would be a very good way to fix this problem +1 on that .

APC 20 min , tank 25 should be good, it sounds a lot but remember on most maps the team has more then 2 vics .

Did we get a response from the devs about this ? 

Edited by Elad

last night I dont often play as a crewman as Im not that skilled but no one else would take the role...  (btw is stryker side armour more powerful than BTR front armour in v12 as I pounded one in the side and had several first shots..yet it still managed to win the fight it wasnt 30mm BTR)? ... 

Lost my first BTR then the SL wanted another... managed to take it right away from main... second time I got 18 kills and couple of trucks...   it then got ambushed as I was trying to RTB when it was crippled...

I dont know now how many tickets that is in v12 but I think previously I would have cost the team 60 tickets ..  for maybe 25 tickets on the other side... 

thats a lot of tickets for one squad to lose and Im trying to be careful (as orders allow!) ... in v12 with the reduced ticket cost it meant the team were not punished for the good work they were doing in defense ... .. in this situation another one was available immediately, and I think you cant stop that unless you actually stop the squad/SL taking another vehicle by locking them out.   

In V12 though BTRs without the 30mm need to work together to take out a stryker...

5 hours ago, Elad said:

I agree making the timer way higher would be a very good way to fix this problem +1 on that .

APC 20 min , tank 25 should be good, it sounds a lot but remember on most maps the team has more then 2 vics .

Did we get a response from the devs about this ? 

So instead of 8 crewman standing around waiting at main for their vehicles that they got destroyed to re-spawn now we'll have 8 people or more completely off the flag being useless for 25 minutes. Great idea. Over the last 5 days of the v12 playtest I've seen so many people being absolutely useless in the matches doing this and many other goofy things.

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

So instead of 8 crewman standing around waiting at main for their vehicles that they got destroyed to re-spawn now we'll have 8 people or more completely off the flag being useless for 25 minutes. Great idea. Over the last 5 days of the v12 playtest I've seen so many people being absolutely useless in the matches doing this and many other goofy things.

they cant spawn at a hab as different class?

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

they cant spawn at a hab as different class?

Of course they can but they'll lose the tank so they just chill at main waiting for the one they just lost to re-spawn. I suppose once the novelty wears off most sane people will respawn and get back to work but 8 minutes is just enough time to kick it back at main and wait thus tipping the balance of the squads on the actual flags so then flags get lost because of this. Either make them instantly respawn arcade style or make it some extended time whereupon people won't wait at main.

I appreciate the fact that Squad do not have a grind system, and I understand that new players have to practice to become proficient, however in regards to vehicle I would advocate for community servers to be able to set restriction on the use of high-value vehicles by certain players. For example, the server could forbid new players with less than 100 hours play time from becoming the driver----they could become the gunner though, as it gives them good perspectives on the weapon system (gun depression, damage, reload, etc), the knowledge of which would be essential for a driver. 

I've seen too many noob players just drive the vehicle up and get blown up, causing the team to lose an insane amount of tickets in a short time. 

Edited by Noobgamer

1 hour ago, Noobgamer said:

I've seen too many noob players just drive the vehicle up and get blown up, causing the team to lose an insane amount of tickets in a short time. 

Actually I haven´t. 

I´ve seen it of course. Some times. Not too many really. Not enough to set any restrictions to who can take the vehicle. 

But then again...what is "too many"?

I think it doesn´t happen often, but as it is such an important asset and can turn the tables against a team, then we really notice when it happens.

But adding a restriction of hours is not only unfair but it is useless.

First of all people could argue that they paid for the game as everybody else and they are entitled to use all those features. Some people may even buy the game after v12 and after they realice they can´t drive a tank they may get a refund on steam (I think this wont happen much, but you get the idea)

And on a second point, hours in the game don´t guarantee (not even close) that somebody is profficient at doing something. I have never played as a grenadier, I would find it too hard to get a grenade inside a windo from 100 mts away, but I´m a good medic. Maybe somebody spends 2 hours on saturday mornings seeding servers without really playing...is he a proficient SL?...is he a proficient tank driver??? I guess you get my point

8 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Of course they can but they'll lose the tank so they just chill at main waiting for the one they just lost to re-spawn. I suppose once the novelty wears off most sane people will respawn and get back to work but 8 minutes is just enough time to kick it back at main and wait thus tipping the balance of the squads on the actual flags so then flags get lost because of this. Either make them instantly respawn arcade style or make it some extended time whereupon people won't wait at main.

I get it, but whats their worth to the team in any case... we either go into a case of full arcade stylie where vehicles just spawn when blown up, or create a situation that when you lose armour it has a major impact on vehicle warfare for a period...

30 mil btr is 25 ticks in v11 , and replying with the saying that players will do nothing for 20 min waiting for vic i dought and cant base a game system of that . 

No tickets for vehicles.

Instead:

• Sets of vehicles defined by layer in map design.
  • You can only access the first one in each set.
  • Once it is destroyed you can access the next one (with a timer)
  • Multiple sets allow the same vehicle type to be active 
  • When all are used in a set no more will spawn.

Example:

• 2 tanks (only 1 is available from each set at one time)
  • 2 tanks (1 available)
  • 3 apc (1 available etc)
  • 3 transports 
  • 4 transports (+∞ unlimited but if set is destroyed add additional timer)
  • 3 logistics 
  • 3 logistics (+∞ unlimited but if set is destroyed add additional timer)

So a team destroying tanks says "4th tank destroyed" and know they can push. 

Scoreboard records all loss/kill of vehicles so squad and player can be visibly responsible.

1 hour ago, suds said:

No tickets for vehicles.

Instead:

• Sets of vehicles defined by layer in map design.
  • You can only access the first one in each set.
  • Once it is destroyed you can access the next one (with a timer)
  • Multiple sets allow the same vehicle type to be active 
  • When all are used in a set no more will spawn.

So start with the MBT's then once destroyed it's the IFV's that become available and so on? Heavy hitters first.

Only concern I have is the transportation aspect of it. MBT's can't carry the same amount of passengers as IFV's/APC's. In the event that those become the preferred method of redeployment and transportation across the map, well...your suggestion makes it hard for that to ever happen. Don't get me wrong I like it from a 'conservation of assets' point of view.

In a recent thread I was going head to head with another forum member and began to think about incentivizing the use of those vehicles over RP's so your suggestion ties into that.