Elad

Vehicle ticket count

23 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

this game should not be catered to PUBs

Says who, and why?

4 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Says who, and why?

whoops wrong acronym i meant PUGs, but balancing should be done with the assumption that the players know what they are doing, and know how to coordinate.

generally speaking the difference in the level of coordination between a PUG, and a clan match are huge.

You won't see PUGs massing all of their vehicles together in attacks, or utilizing mortars effectively (multiple sets of mortars from different FOBs all striking one target at the same time).

While this game doesn't have a mature hardcore community (yet), catering this game to PUGs will be a sure way to prevent one from forming (atleast in the base game).

42 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

whoops wrong acronym i meant PUGs, but balancing should be done with the assumption that the players know what they are doing, and know how to coordinate.

generally speaking the difference in the level of coordination between a PUG, and a clan match are huge.

You won't see PUGs massing all of their vehicles together in attacks, or utilizing mortars effectively (multiple sets of mortars from different FOBs all striking one target at the same time).

While this game doesn't have a mature hardcore community (yet), catering this game to PUGs will be a sure way to prevent one from forming (atleast in the base game).

Agree +1 

1 hour ago, Randall172 said:

What PUG stands for?

42 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

Pick up group, as in a random game.

Ok so public games. Just wanted to make sure what you mean. Never heard or seen the term PUG until today.

3 hours ago, Randall172 said:

generally speaking the difference in the level of coordination between a PUG [public], and a clan match are huge.

Yep.

You won't see PUGs massing all of their vehicles together in attacks, or utilizing mortars effectively

Yep.

That's also a great way to alienate a major percentage, arguably the bigger one, of the player base. Considering the recent changes to RP's, tickets, revive, etc...we can see that the devs are leaning towards making the base game more accessible to a wider audience, apply a more inclusive and forgiving approach to public play which logically invites (or keeps) bigger number of players. Meanwhile all this is done in conjunction with modding community and private clans that are free to conduct more 'hardcore' matches and apply their own set of rules, mechanics, etc... i.e Squadops 1-life events. 

So you see, I'm a big advocate of the game being inclusive. I personally like the briefings, higher coordination, higher standard of communication, deeper level of gameplay, etc that 'hardened' game mechanics can bring. I just know that by doing so, you risk lowering the, already low, population of Squad which is why I like the direction OWI is taking.

It's time for custom servers to shine with altered game machanics that appeal to the hardcore crowd. Only then we could compare the numbers and see where the majority would prefer to play. 

Edited by CptDirty

I believe as long as vics have a reasonable time delay before another one comes back the ticket cost doesn't really matter

you might say a MBT being worth 15 tickets is insane but you have to think ahead of what losing that MBT is going to cost your team in the long run

sure the MBT is only worth 15 tickets but now that you dont have one, the enemy MBT is going to have free reign over your team and it may take away another 50 tickets from you by killing IFVs or it might be the deciding factor whether you lose a flag in a defensive

so losing that MBT can cost you well over 80+ tickets in the long run considering a flag lost is 50 tickets

I equally like the effect that higher tickets OR higher spawn time has.  I want to bring back early alpha time where if a vechiles was blown up most of the team cheered. Taking out vics needs to matter more.

22 hours ago, CptDirty said:

So start with the MBT's then once destroyed it's the IFV's that become available and so on? Heavy hitters first.

Only concern I have is the transportation aspect of it. MBT's can't carry the same amount of passengers as IFV's/APC's. In the event that those become the preferred method of redeployment and transportation across the map, well...your suggestion makes it hard for that to ever happen. Don't get me wrong I like it from a 'conservation of assets' point of view.

In a recent thread I was going head to head with another forum member and began to think about incentivizing the use of those vehicles over RP's so your suggestion ties into that.

No, all sets spawn one vehicle at a time.

so to reuse my example, this is the total available throughout the match:

• 2 tanks (only 1 is available from each set at one time)
  • 2 tanks (1 available)
  • 3 apc (1 available etc)
  • 3 transports 
  • 4 transports (+∞ unlimited but if set is destroyed add additional timer)
  • 3 logistics 
  • 3 logistics (+∞ unlimited but if set is destroyed add additional timer)

These would spawn at start in the location set by the layer designer

Example:

• 1 tank
  • 1 tank
  • 1 apc 
  • 1 transport 
  • 1 transport
  • 1 logistics 
  • 1 logistics

After one is destroyed the next one in the set appears after the timer. Once the set is used up there are no more available. Penalty is no vehicles left rather than tickets. To ease this there would always be a logi and a transport ready to respawn according to this example.

Edited by suds
managed a triple post! some sort of delay in the site server?

14 hours ago, winterfell said:

I believe as long as vics have a reasonable time delay before another one comes back the ticket cost doesn't really matter

you might say a MBT being worth 15 tickets is insane but you have to think ahead of what losing that MBT is going to cost your team in the long run

sure the MBT is only worth 15 tickets but now that you dont have one, the enemy MBT is going to have free reign over your team and it may take away another 50 tickets from you by killing IFVs or it might be the deciding factor whether you lose a flag in a defensive

so losing that MBT can cost you well over 80+ tickets in the long run considering a flag lost is 50 tickets

To make the enemy team lose 50 Tickets you need to kill 5 APCs now, that will never happen in 15 minutes on big maps. until your MBT respawns.

I think that right now Vehicles loses don't really matter as the ticket count is low and respawn timer is also low.   

20 hours ago, Elad said:

To make the enemy team lose 50 Tickets you need to kill 5 APCs now, that will never happen in 15 minutes on big maps. until your MBT respawns.

I think that right now Vehicles loses don't really matter as the ticket count is low and respawn timer is also low.   

but vehicle losses didnt matter to many anyway... it came down to k/d ... with lower ticket cost at least its not as destructive to the whole team as it once was... but longer spawn time would be good.

Edited by embecmom

It did matter for sure in v11

Edited by Elad

Just thinking of an alternative solution to tickets running too fast or slow based on the behaviour of tank crew and ticket values being changed by the devs.

Why can't we have a separate ticket count for armoured/tanks etc?

You would have your standard infantry ticket pool which includes light vehicles for transport maybe possibly APC's can be included in that (up for debate).

and.. a tank/IFV (up for debate) ticket pool for well armoured support vehicles. This will be limited compared to the main infantry pool. The intention is to make tank crew etc think twice in wasting their own ticket pool. Basically to stop them from going rambo and draining tickets from the main pool and ruining it for the rest of the team whilst making them consider their own.

Hope this makes sense!

Edited by Quadro

7 minutes ago, Quadro said:

Just thinking of an alternative solution to tickets running too fast or slow based on the behaviour of tank crew etc.

Why can't we have a separate ticket count for armoured/tanks etc?

You would have your standard infantry ticket pool which includes light vehicles for transport maybe possibly APC's can be included in that (up for debate).

and.. a tank/IFV ticket pool for well armoured support vehicles. This will be limited compared to the main infantry pool. The intention is to make tank crew etc think twice in wasting their own ticket pool. Basically to stop them from going rambo and draining tickets for the rest of the team whilst making them consider that they only have a limited amount of armoured vehicle tickets. Hope this makes sense!

theres already been umpteen threads .. one was not to have a ticket cost at all for armoured vehicles but a limited supply... which is my preferred idea.

With the new 'commander' role on the way perhaps implementing a supply system whereby actions give the commander access to vehicles to spawn for players.  Which means positive action both defending and attacking gives the commander a choice to supply vehicles or something else....

Edited by embecmom

9 minutes ago, embecmom said:

theres already been umpteen threads .. one was not to have a ticket cost at all for armoured vehicles but a limited supply... which is my preferred idea. 

Has there really? That's sarcasm. 

If it's your prefered idea please don't reply with a flippant reply to dismiss mine. 

Thank you.

Edit: I like how you've edited your post to make it more constructive after my reply. Brilliant. To only then call me a big girls blouse directly after this post. I suppose you're going to edit your posts some more are we?

I'm not going to reply. Let's keep on topic.

Edited by Quadro

Just now, Quadro said:

Has there really? That's sarcasm. 

If it's your prefered idea please don't reply a flippant reply to dismiss mine. 

Thank you.

wow touchy... its actually a fact not a flippant remark nor dismissing your idea... ... grow a pair and stop being a big girls blouse.

Right now the ticket cost for vehicle seems to be pretty low, and there is no big difference between losing a truck or losing a tank.

Why is an MRAP or a Scout car at the same price as a logi-truck 5 tickets?

At the 10 ticket mark, why is a shitbox or btr80 with a weak weapon the same price as a freaking stryker?  The stryker would even win a 1vs2 against them.

Next one is dafuq? the Tanks are 15 tickets and breadley/ warrior are 25 tickets? How or better why? That didn't make any sense at all to me.

I really would appreciate fairer ticket price across the board, if you throw a 10 ticket vehicle on the field this thing shouldn't be able to fight against two other 10 ticket vehicles at the same time and still be able to easily win.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Phoenixstorm said:

Right now the ticket cost for vehicle seems to be pretty low, and there is no big difference between losing a truck or losing a tank.

Why is an MRAP or a Scout car at the same price as a logi-truck 5 tickets?

At the 10 ticket mark, why is a shitbox or btr80 with a weak weapon the same price as a freaking stryker?  The stryker would even win a 1vs2 against them.

Next one is dafuq? the Tanks are 15 tickets and breadley/ warrior are 25 tickets? How or better why? That didn't make any sense at all to me.

I really would appreciate fairer ticket price across the board, if you throw a 10 ticket vehicle on the field this thing shouldn't be able to fight against two other 10 ticket vehicles at the same time and still be able to easily win.

Bradley/warrior is not 25. Don't trust the squad wiki, it's hopelessly behind. You can check the ingame tab for ticket counts.

(If they'd just add a tab with the vehicles each team gets on the layer, that would be a good second addition)

2178F48451DB21E6A0D51C060C83E555AA768D1A

We just need a seperate bracket for APC & IFV's , doesn't really make sense for them to be in the same category.

Light vehicles 5

APC 10

IFV 15

TANKS 20

If they then fix the damage values on the stryker (wich is way too beefy atm) and fix the 30mm cannon damage / ROF, we should be good.

Btw: A logi truck is way more dangerous than a mrap ;)

Edited by oTec