Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
you ok

What happend to ticket bleed

Recommended Posts

I just played a game where the enemy team captured one base, and still won the game.  Why was the ticket bleed changed?  We had 4 of the 5 bases the entire game, the enemy captured the first base only and was able to set up a very well defended fob and we bled our tickets trying to take the base.  It was on Narva AAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAS hasn't had it for a while, sounds like you feed the grinder. Better luck next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although, I do agree it's weird to hold all but one base and still lose. What is the purpose of the flags if they do not mean anything? I guess you get 20 tickets for capping neutral flags and 20 for capping enemy-held flags, but if the opposing team just sets up a super FOB on their first flag and just plays defense they can still win. In a way, I kinda like it - sometimes real-life battles can go that way - but it is strange in Squad I feel for the team with 1 flag all game to win. GG on them lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kernel Panic said:

Although, I do agree it's weird to hold all but one base and still lose. What is the purpose of the flags if they do not mean anything? I guess you get 20 tickets for capping neutral flags and 20 for capping enemy-held flags, but if the opposing team just sets up a super FOB on their first flag and just plays defense they can still win. In a way, I kinda like it - sometimes real-life battles can go that way - but it is strange in Squad I feel for the team with 1 flag all game to win. GG on them lol 

And in the v12 playtests over the weekend superfobbing the first flag always won the matches and they lasted almost the entire two hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

And in the v12 playtests over the weekend superfobbing the first flag always won the matches and they lasted almost the entire two hours.

 

Nice - I mean if it works, it works, albeit a little boring for a squad-tactic-based game like Squad. But I'll never poo-poo an effective strategy if it's effective, that's the point of the game. However, imo, the flags should be worth more than an initial 20 ticket boost - makes holding 4 outta 5 flags worth it - but I'm not on the dev team and I still love Squad either way lol xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah i think its dumb, why have 5 flags if you just need to hold 1 to make it an even match?  The ticket bleed use to force a more up tempo competitive match, instead of one of the teams sort of fighting for the other flags but then just going, no we just need to set up a fob on our last/first flag and we can still win it.

Edited by you ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me guess was it a Castle defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, you ok said:

Yah i think its dumb, why have 5 flags if you just need to hold 1 to make it an even match?  The ticket bleed use to force a more up tempo competitive match, instead of one of the teams sort of fighting for the other flags but then just going, no we just need to set up a fob on our last/first flag and we can still win it.

You know that your team wins tickets every time you cap a flag. And the other team loses tickets as well. 

 

Will you play with that disadvantage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

You know that your team wins tickets every time you cap a flag. And the other team loses tickets as well. 

 

Will you play with that disadvantage?

Simple hypothetical scenario. Layer has 5 flags. Both teams start out with 500 tickets each. Team A does nothing but superfob their first flag which is in an elevated position with a TOW, 2 mortars, misc. machine guns and their armor is behind hasco walls. They might even have time and resources to get up two additional adjacent TOW fobs on the flanks. 

 

Meanwhile Team B captures the other 4 flags uncontested. So the engagement now begins with Team A with 340 tickets and Team B with 580 tickets.

 

So at this point what would occur is hypothetical and certainly Team A has a lower ticket count however I wouldn't say they they were at a disadvantage at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Simple hypothetical scenario. Layer has 5 flags. Both teams start out with 500 tickets each. Team A does nothing but superfob their first flag which is in an elevated position with a TOW, 2 mortars, misc. machine guns and their armor is behind hasco walls. They might even have time and resources to get up two additional adjacent TOW fobs on the flanks. 

 

Meanwhile Team B captures the other 4 flags uncontested. So the engagement now begins with Team A with 340 tickets and Team B with 580 tickets.

 

So at this point what would occur is hypothetical and certainly Team A has a lower ticket count however I wouldn't say they they were at a disadvantage at all.

But team B has no need to attack at all. They can build their own mortars and sit back while they bomb the super fob.

 

ANyhow, as you said, hypothetical,...players want to play and won´t just sit. Still….if they didn´t….well....team B would win after time runs out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it is just that layer as someone said above, because i played a match yesterday that had 8 flags, and before we captured the last one the match ended with us winning by more than 100 tickets, so i get that it can still work with the ticket loss and gain from flag captures, it just seems odd that a match can be even on some layers/maps, when one of the teams didnt capture any bases but their first one.  I get they are risking it by not capturing flags to get more tickets and allowing the enemy to have more tickets, but i dont know fully yet, il have to see how it plays out consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05.11.2018 at 12:15 PM, you ok said:

I just played a game where the enemy team captured one base, and still won the game.  Why was the ticket bleed changed?  We had 4 of the 5 bases the entire game, the enemy captured the first base only and was able to set up a very well defended fob and we bled our tickets trying to take the base.  It was on Narva AAS.

I hope you know that Defense has great advantage over the Attack. I truly understand you, mate, people don't like to be the sitting ducks, this is a game afterall - everyone wants some action. But if I spot a fully build armed to teeth superfob with every single opposing player manning it, I will coordinate with other squads to strike it from multiple directions. In case the attack failed (there are  still big chances to, im not exadurating my nor my random teammates' skills) we will no longer push for that objective, since OBVIOUSLY they have an ADVANTAGE by all tactical means. What I'do in this case either sit back and build our own superfob (they will either come or loose by time since not capping any points they are going to be low on tix anyway), or just pummel the point with indirect fire. 

Also, I just remembered the great example for you. I was once in that team with ulta super duper fob set on the middle-ish point "FOB-Papanov" don't remember the name of the map right bow tbh. It was really build up good, BUT one small action from opposing team turned our super fob into huge grave - THEY SMOKED THE HELL OUT OF OUR FOB WITH MORTARS BEFORE THE ATTACK. So the thing worked sideways for us - we were just blind kittens spawning on that fob and dying over and over again until they managed to dig out the radio and we lost due loss of tickets. 

Edited by extaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×