virusman

People who played v12 !?

people who played v12 beta or alpha or what ever they called  .

does this patch brings performance improvement in some sort ?

because right now this game run like s!ht . and i wondering if i should just deinstall the game and stop following this game . or is there a hope .

i didnt play this game for like 3 months so i feel weird keep it installed on the pc

The game runs perfectly and there are rarely problems.
I think your computer is not ok.

I have an old PC, 970 gtx and 6600K. 60fps everything on high, TAA and sharp 125%
No problems here..

Edited by Erdogan GoatDictator

Well, with anything in EA, improvements to performance is an on-going problem, not to mention the engine the game is developing on, is in itself going through changes constantly. People seem to think that just because OWI is a smaller Indy studio, the game should look and run like PR BF2 from V1. Its a new engine, if you try to run it on a toaster, then its not really OWI's fault if it isn't playable. They need time to finish the full scope of features, then they can polish for performance, with expansions to the maps being worked on and all the new content set to be put in game, it doesn't make sense to stop everything you're doing to polish it up as if its ready to release tomorrow, to just have to start that process over again with new content coming in. also it seems most people aren't having issues with it.

My advice? plan to upgrade your PC, you'll probably need to anyway, and just wait for full release.

I built a brand new PC just to play squad, so for me, it runs great.

Edited by Serp403

What's your spec's, just hoping a game going to run isn't a good way of playing.  Check system 8/10 times its backwards dated machines that are the issue.  playing with a P4 don't hack it anymore.  :)

3 hours ago, virusman said:

because right now this game run like s!ht . and i wondering if i should just deinstall the game and stop following this game . or is there a hope .

i didnt play this game for like 3 months so i feel weird keep it installed on the pc

If that's your attitude regarding things/software/games that in currently WIP and in development, then probably the uninstall option is best for you. :) 

are we playing same v12?

My system is i5 6600k ( 4.6ghz) + gtx 1060  + 16 gb ddr4 ram

If I open full texture load , I see massive fps drops from 75 to 20 fps and jittery, freezes especially minimap usage and generally in game.. even low settings , no supersampling..

If I don't open full texture load game looks mine craft because of not loaded textures..

I have tried everything :

- clear cache

- steam file verification

Last night, servers have been empty , because this problem, too many has quit the play V12..

I have stable fps 60 over , fully crowded servers , 150% super sampling and medium settings at V11..

Edited by Togisan

These are early test builds for v12, and the main goal of these tests is to gather data to fix issues present in the current builds being released.

The Devs & QA have clearly stated what to expect
" TALLIL OUTSKIRTS AND CHORA HAVE HEAVY PERFOMRANCE ISSUES THAT WE'RE AWARE OF, MORE MAPS MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE THEM AS WELL. THIS IS AN EARLY TEST BUILD, EXPECT TO RUN INTO BUGS AND TROUBLES AFFECTING GAMEPLAY. "

" PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN EARLY TEST BUILD AND HAS A LOT OF BUGS IN IT. ALPHA 12 IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND ANYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. "

Some of the recent patches have had optimizations done.
- Crash fixes to server and client
- Optimization to both server and client

and more is to come in the future as v12 is patched during these early test phases.

27 minutes ago, Dubs said:

These are early test builds for v12, and the main goal of these tests is to gather data to fix issues present in the current builds being released.

The Devs & QA have clearly stated what to expect
" TALLIL OUTSKIRTS AND CHORA HAVE HEAVY PERFOMRANCE ISSUES THAT WE'RE AWARE OF, MORE MAPS MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE THEM AS WELL. THIS IS AN EARLY TEST BUILD, EXPECT TO RUN INTO BUGS AND TROUBLES AFFECTING GAMEPLAY. "

" PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN EARLY TEST BUILD AND HAS A LOT OF BUGS IN IT. ALPHA 12 IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND ANYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. "

Some of the recent patches have had optimizations done.
- Crash fixes to server and client
- Optimization to both server and client

and more is to come in the future as v12 is patched during these early test phases.

I've been playing nothing but v12 the last three days with pretty decent success and many matches played to full completion. The four crashes to the desktop I have had related to me checking and unchecking the load all textures box. Then there was the Russian Immortals bug this morning which was quite hilarious and probably more related to some server side command I'm guessing simply due to the nature of it. Honestly I think the Tallil performance issue hinges on those massive particle effect instances that simulate burning oil wells or something. I'd be interested to play the map without them because any time I look at them or get in their vicinity I'm going from 120+ fps to getting freezing and 26fps. Overall everything else seems quite stable really including Yeho & Chora.

Since the continuous tests i've not dropped below 60fps.

@Togisan Your i5 cpu seems to be on par with my i7 in most ways, and i'm not having any issues. If the tests run horribly for you right now, then i'd just wait untill V12 is out officially.

I too have had some game-breaking bugs in v12 on my setup (I run v11 fairly smoothly at or above 60 FPS on moderate-to-high settings), but v12 is a pre-release to a game in Early Access...you're bound to have issues in a pre-pre-release lol.

I will say that v12's UI and character changes do make the game look slightly more arcade-y, but maybe that's just me or possibly what they were going for in the end. But yes, having "full texture load" turned on completely killed the game for me in v12 - console wouldn't open, textures were in complete Minecraft mode even though everything was on High, loading into a vehicle kept me locked into the spot where I initially loaded into the APC and I couldn't get out or see anything (had to force respawn or since the console wouldn't open, change teams lol). 

My suggestion: just go back to v11 for now and wait for v12 to officially drop. New releases usually bring some performance-based tweaks, but we all know that the Unreal Engine can have some interesting performance issues on certain hardware xD

On 11/4/2018 at 6:28 AM, Togisan said:

are we playing same v12?

My system is i5 6600k ( 4.6ghz) + gtx 1060  + 16 gb ddr4 ram

If I open full texture load , I see massive fps drops from 75 to 20 fps and jittery, freezes especially minimap usage and generally in game.. even low settings , no supersampling..

If I don't open full texture load game looks mine craft because of not loaded textures..

I have tried everything :

- clear cache

- steam file verification

Last night, servers have been empty , because this problem, too many has quit the play V12..

I have stable fps 60 over , fully crowded servers , 150% super sampling and medium settings at V11..

I had a similar experience, but I only checked the public test client for 5 minutes in the shooting range. I also realized I installed it on the weong HDD (not my SSD). I set the fps limit to 60 and it looks like the game kept my graphics settings from the normal client. I got massive fps drops when turning around a lot. Fps go from a stable 60 to 20-30. Happened a lot when I looked sown the shooting range (stable fps) and then turned around 180 degrees. Frames massively dropped for 1-2 seconds. 

When the map loaded I also got texture loading issues. I had these issues when the game was released, but this stopped around v9. I hope that the game will run as good as the current version if V12 comes out. Otherwise it would be a massive step backwards for me. 

just make sure texture loading is not checked...that just screws with the game...

and I get 50 60 fps... with a potato... running medium...

thats a 1050 ti  16gb ram ... and an old I7 3.4 ghz....

Edited by embecmom

10 hours ago, embecmom said:

just make sure texture loading is not checked...that just screws with the game...

and I get 50 60 fps... with a potato... running medium...

thats a 1050 ti  16gb ram ... and an old I7 3.4 ghz....

I have a similar pc.

I would also not consider this a potato pc. It is perfectly fine for running most games well on 1080p.

My point was also that v11 performs much better overall than the current test build for v12. 

5 hours ago, MeFirst said:

I have a similar pc.

I would also not consider this a potato pc. It is perfectly fine for running most games well on 1080p.

My point was also that v11 performs much better overall than the current test build for v12. 

Every big update has that, since new systems need time to be optimized, which takes testing. Patches usually fix the issues.

i find the game running better

AMD ryzon 1700 on 3.8
GTX 1080

32GB RAM