Squad Fox

Report Server Admin Abuse feedback

http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/241-report-server-admin-abuse/ Can we get feedback on our reports so we know you care?

is these only for the looks? just a placebo to make us think you care?

We respect your wishes to not post these in the forum so we use the report form. is this because you don't want the critique to be discussed because you don't plan on doing anything about it?

You can at least make one comment letting us know if you reviewed it, if its insufficient evidence or if the report is false or if its valid and that you will proceed with actions. anything.

Edited by Squad Fox

I have filed the report a few minutes ago. I wonder how they will proceed with the report. I guess we will see if they will give any feedback about it.

Edited by osaka0235

Very few games have systems like this but it means nothing if its just there for show, as a placebo.

In the guidelines its starts with 

The following guidelines are recommended for all in game admins in Squad, and specifically MUST be adhered to by game admins on licensed servers as acondition of holding a license.

You would think the OWI is serious as they written "MUST" and capitalize it, also clearly stating below that it is "a condition  of holding a license"

If OWI were to actually take these thing seriously then this community could probably a really great community. But my first impression of this system is that they only have it as a placebo atm. 

Just Feel free to challenge my position on this, I hope I am wrong about it

Edited by Squad Fox

Keep in mind: it can take a lot of research to fully investigate these types of complaints, and it'a often a he-said/she-said type argument. There are plenty of times where the disgruntled player that was kicked from a server files a complaint, however the server admin was within their full rights to do so based on server rules - which can vary from server-to-server. Not saying this is your case, just that it's a possibility. 

I agree but I'm not asking them to act blindly am I? I'm just asking them to give feedback. You don't know if you provided insufficient evidence, discarded the report as false or if they taken actions  based on the evidence you provided. They aren't even asking questions back to you in case they needed clarification.

Try the feature yourself and check if you get any response

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVl98Qr-CVS5C9sHkTSEn

This is another point that is being broken a lot

~ Admins should be active in the Game Server Feedback section in the Squad forums. Admins should actively investigate, and address any reasonable concerns or complaints posted for the attention of their server. Failure to maintain contact information and server rules within the official Squad forums is grounds to have your license removed.

There is plenty of servers missing their rules on the squad forum and in this point even clearly states that licenses will be removed if rules aren't in the squad forum. there is plenty of servers that violates this but we cannot speak about it here due to following text:

Please do not make threads about admin abuse elsewhere on the forums. Do not give them a wider audience. The best way we can protect the community from this sort of conduct is reporting the situations with as much relevant information as possible here and enabling us, as developers,  to take action.

found here http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/241-report-server-admin-abuse/

I think appropriate forum personnel should at least recognize the claim and confirm that "they're looking into it" in a private message. It's basic service principle. Simply appoint a person who's willing to volunteer for this position and slap a 'moderator' tag on him. But in reality just try to put yourself in the moderator's shoes and think how hard it really is to track these people down without the cooperation of the community leaders. 

You can advocate towards a system where private server owners would be obliged to answer to an appointed person that would be in charge of these claims but then how do you put that into the service agreement of existing servers? Will they be grandfathered-in? What's the potential loss of revenue and popularity if private server owners decided that they won't agree to being forced to cooperate for X/Y reasons? It's a touchy subject....

@Squad Fox I only ever had to report a badmin once...and I did so with video/audio evidence. It was a slam dunk but never got a word on it from anyone. So my suggestion to you is try to save video evidence of these things if you can. Although don't post these videos on the forums because it's considered defamation or "shaming" players and that isn't allowed on the forums.

4 hours ago, CptDirty said:

[...] Simply appoint a person who's willing to volunteer for this position and slap a 'moderator' tag on him. [...]

Yeah, I disagree. A moderator, who is only a volunteer squad player (with no real obligation towards OWI), must never be in charge of deciding on a server's or server admin's fate. In extreme cases it means to revoke the official licence.

AFAIK, there is an OWI internal process on how to handle these reports. It's done by OWI employees. In a confidential way.

Could the communication be better? - Maybe. But that is not our call.

And to be honest, I don't envy the person who has to deal with these reports.

55 minutes ago, beginna said:

A moderator, who is only a volunteer squad player (with no real obligation towards OWI), must never be in charge of deciding on a server's or server admin's fate.

I agree with you. However that's not what I was suggesting. 

My idea was to appoint a person who's going to be looking into these claims and conduct basically an investigation into each matter then send it up to someone at OWI to take a decision based on those findings. Definitely not a lucrative assignment but an important one nevertheless. I don't know anything about OWI's internal process but when I sent in a report on a problematic player with video evidence, all I'm saying is that it would've been nice to at least receive confirmation that it's being looked into. 

16 hours ago, CptDirty said:

all I'm saying is that it would've been nice to at least receive confirmation that it's being looked into. 

This is my argument here as well. We need feedback on our reports. We cannot otherwise get confidence in OWI that the matter is taken serious. Who knows if all our reports have been handled and there is no cause to get frustrated, except without feedback we don't know and we are left in the dark.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:58 AM, Squad Fox said:

Is there anyone who have sent a report that know actions have been taken?

We generally only inform the parties for which action is taken against, but we do take action. We recognize that it's not as satisfying to not hear about a result, but we'd like to respect the privacy of everyone involved regardless of the outcome of an individual report.

But is it possible to just get a simple "Actions have been taken", "Insufficient evidence, please supplement with more" or "Case have been closed due to lack of evidence"? I can appreciate the matter of privacy but i think admin reports needs to be handled as customer complaints. If a customer complain do you not respond to them? We bought this game and in accordance to the information you are providing here 

you are basically saying you will uphold the official servers to this standard as you will take their licenses if they aren't abiding. So this kinda becomes a part of the product? So in the end our admin reports is no different than a customer complaint and most companies at least replies if you complain to them. I love it that you have Game Server Administration Guidelines and that you have stated licenses will be revoked if server owners do not comply. I love that you have a Report Server Admin Abuse Form because a lot of gaming developers I seen in my time never have that and we customers/gamer's are left to our own devices. IMO if I were to promote this game to someone I would use this as a sales argument but it doesn't matter if us the customers don't feel our complaints are being taken serious.

So at least give us the respect of replying to our reports and give us some feedback on how our matters is being handled?