Sign in to follow this  
FishMan

Why there are so many sunsets in the game?

My god why there are so many sunset lighting scenarios in the game?

Yeah they may be looks pretty for some people (I'm not one of them), but from the gameplay and performance perspective those are one of the most awful scenarios...

Can we have more day lights? 

Look at this picture:

KJj62ni.jpg

Can you see something except sky?

I dunno who is doing this, but I think he needs to stop like right now. :)

Those are too contrasty and just raping your eyes when you trying to find someone in the bushes.

Edited by FishMan

I think opposing armies have to agree upon a time for the confrontation. 

Between 10 and 12 in the morning. Maybe the first Clash of forces and small skirmishes.

Then from 15 to 18.30. That´s the big battle. 

That way no soldier will have to deal with the inconvinience of low visibility or damaging sun effects.

Oh! Remind me in what virtual squad unit you are serving? And how do you like that virtual porridge that they feeds you so you can't see the difference between games and reality?

Also remind me please why there are only one or may be two night maps atm? ) Oh oh! I know! The ministery of vurtual squad pc game defence decided that it is too much for all military personnel undergoing virtual special training in the forces of special hardcore gaming.

Ofcourse it has nothing to do with a player preferences, 100% info... pff it just no way... its because of some "real life" reasons! It has to be!

Edited by FishMan

Broad daylight maps, 12 o. One objective in the middle of the desert or meadow. One fraction base to the west, the other to the east. No trees, no distraction by objects like houses or boulders. Everyone restricted to five bullets and a knife and one spawn. 

Someone was driving down that road and lost their way in the darkness and ended up here....spooky.

039e6fdb75480da5d8217bec0d890bb7.jpg

I'd like to see a rainy map at some point.

I wish private servers could have more control on the climate of each map on their rotation. Things like fog, overcast, rain, snow etc...And layers. Just dial in the values and the map will play out under those conditions. If it could be achieved with great optimization, we'll be looking at hundred different ways of playing the same map. 

2 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Someone was driving down that road and lost their way in the darkness and ended up here....spooky.

039e6fdb75480da5d8217bec0d890bb7.jpg

>squad v12 is released

>you boot it up and join a server

>screen is dark

>slowly fade in

>in a wooden cart

>"hey you, you're finally awake"

todd the godd strikes again

I agree that there are too many sun rise/set layers, or at least it feels like there is.

Personally I would like a majority midday layers and let the sun rise/set ones be a refreshing breakup to those. A few versions ago it was the same for overcast layers but thankfully it seems like there's less of those now which lets them serve as a breakup.

Right now these map layers are awful for spotting anything because the game disregards diffuse reflection, therefore anything not directly luminated by sunlight would be unrealistically dark.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, Nightingale87 said:

I think opposing armies have to agree upon a time for the confrontation. 

Between 10 and 12 in the morning. Maybe the first Clash of forces and small skirmishes.

Then from 15 to 18.30. That´s the big battle. 

That way no soldier will have to deal with the inconvinience of low visibility or damaging sun effects.

We should just fight at night, much more fun with the camouflage and noise discipline. The first person to shoot dies, its all backwards.