Gatzby

October 2018 Recap

On 11/2/2018 at 8:19 PM, Gatzby said:

Persistent Ammunition has been implemented for infantry. Spawning at the Main Base will always spawn you with a full ammo loadout. Soldiers spawning on a FOB or Rally Point will spawn with the same amount of ammo they had when they last died. Even if a Soldier expends all ammunition, they will ALWAYS spawn with a minimum of 2 bandages and 3 rifle magazines. If a Soldier swaps kit while in Deploy screen he will

spawn with the above minimum loadout. This ultimately means that players respawning at a Rally Point or FOB will need to seek resupply before going back into the fight.

CREDITS:

Game concept generation
suds

So much work in this update, can't wait to try it out. Thanks all. Still playing 4+ hours daily and don't need any other games.

On 4/11/2018 at 5:23 PM, Twizted said:

I think a new suppression system will make this game 100% better. I haven't tested v12 myself, the game hates me and crashes to desktop before it loads but I'm liking what I've been hearing from other people and seeing on youtube. :D 

It works very well. Played 5 hours yesterday and fire fights (especially over long distances) are much longer and credible with the new suppression

9 hours ago, Smee said:

You can change  the opacity and other bit. It's pretty kewl, even turn them off.

Thanks for the answer. But I actually wanted to know about a delay in their pop up. Right now IFF is non existant. And I think it would be a step in the right direction.

Just by adding a delay timer before the nametag pops up, say 3 seconds. IF you aim at someone for 3-5 seconds then the name tag pops up. If the enemy is further than 50 mts then no nametag at all, or only after 10 seconds.

That way IFF becomes a factor but it´s still accesible and not too hardcore.

* We´d have the map to identify if there´s friendly in the general direction we are watching.

* We´d have name tags that appear after some time.

* And we´d have Intel that´s passed on through the whole team.

Firefights would become much more realistic.

21 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Sometimes though it can be tactically advantageous to give up early. Perhaps the rally is far away from the area you were downed but closer to a previous cap that is now under attack and your SL has been asked to supply troops for that fight. I still think it is OK to have the option to give up but having penalties should make players think first to determine if it's worthwhile.

I know it is. Players give up all the time, I think pre V12 they probably gave up more often than wait for a medic unless they were 10 seconds away. I'd play LAT and suicide just to get more rockets and move across the map. That doesn't mean that it's the best idea in terms of what the devs wanted or for gameplay. I know people won't be suiciding now as much just to rearm, but if you had to wait for a revive each time they went down, they'd play more carefully, which wouldn't be a bad thing IMO

Just wondering if there are fixes included for the revive teleportation and the disappearing mag display bugs?

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Sgt. ZÉ said:

0 optimization in 3 months. Game running like shit forever confirmed. (Unless you gave Intel 8th gen and a gtx 1080, of course)

Not true, 4th gen i5 and 1060 here, I'm typically running between 50 and 80 fps with graphics all set to epic.

Great job devs! Love the new uppdates comming with V12!

I guess, unlimited spawns + spawn with limited ammo will impact game too much. Team with less resuppliers can not be able to defend or attack at all. Yes I love these things but they require constant resupply and can be good if we are playing 100v100. The first thing that needs to be address is FOB placement area. In reality you can not just pass the frontline without being noticed to set up a base. Pre built FOBs ruins the game so there needs to be some range limit from the actual target to prevent this. Also would love to see T-55, BMP-1 for insurgent sides too.

Love Brits Medic with SUSAT so far. It really make people want to do Medic as Medic right now can ACTUALLY FIGHT BACK instead of stick around doing nothing until somewhat got shot, also the adding of SUSAT on rifle really make it feel " more " British, finally the dev agree to do something players have been asking over and over before 

Great! 

I like the wave thing, the old pebbles spawning were annoying as.... 

I don't know if the timer is shown already, if not make it happen. Also rewarding individuals for not to give up so quickly  would be so great. IE. if you do not wait anything you could spawn only with one clip of ammo and if you wait you get a new magazine for each 10 seconds, but not more say 3. If you get revived after last spawn and you wait again a bit you get one hand grenade as a gift. 

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-