Psyko

A few suggestions for the devs, thanks.

I think squad is every bit the evolution from project reality that i hoped for, for years. And you DEVs have continually surprised and impressed me. I want to thank you for continuing the hard work, and i admire your diligent efforts. I was wondering if any of the developers would care to comment on any of the below suggestions possibly making it into the game.

Squad suggestions/ requests

Some may be impossible or unuseful. These are just personal desires of mine. Also, I cant mod, so it’s totally out of my hands, but if i could i would certainly work on these ideas.

Remove collision meshes on window frames

Be able to roll sideways

Be able to adjust your height in increments (like arma 3)

Be able to drag downed bodies (everyone can)

All guns have the ability to be mounted similar to bipod with varying stability

Would like to run a little faster, also faster canter when sprint is used up

Have projectile source leave gun further away so it doesn't clip with sandbags or bad cols.

Explosives knock down trees

If you read this far, thanks for reading.

20 hours ago, Psyko said:

I think squad is every bit the evolution from project reality that i hoped for, for years. And you DEVs have continually surprised and impressed me. I want to thank you for continuing the hard work, and i admire your diligent efforts. I was wondering if any of the developers would care to comment on any of the below suggestions possibly making it into the game.

Squad suggestions/ requests

Some may be impossible or unuseful. These are just personal desires of mine. Also, I cant mod, so it’s totally out of my hands, but if i could i would certainly work on these ideas.

Remove collision meshes on window frames... 

the collision of rifles with objects is not the best...

Be able to roll sideways

down a hill weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

already asked for 

already asked for and some design elements were tested or at least started on

already asked for.

game is slower and more realistic ...

Have projectile source leave gun further away so it doesn't clip with sandbags or bad cols.

thats to do with los and your first suggestion...

its not a destructable environment.

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

thanks for the response man, i haven't been following as well as others have, i just play the game. but my suggestions are just about having fun. but again, thanks for clarifying.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, Psyko said:

Remove collision meshes on window frames

Be able to roll sideways

Yar, I think there's some window work in the pipeline, but no ETA -- may be part of a more general map or optimization pass.

Sideways: Maybe someday! In the meantime: The last time it came up, it made for some pretty great videos. 

Dragging: Probably after release. We've already done some motion capture for it.

Speed: Up to the designers. =)

Projectiles: I believe this should improve as we revamp maps and redo some assets.

Explosions and trees: I think this may be one of those things where we have to wait for the technology to become less expensive, as it has to be replicated out to every client. We'd like it, for sure, but probably not within scope right now. We'll continue to watch as we Unreal Engine grows though.

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

Yar, I think there's some window work in the pipeline, but no ETA -- may be part of a more general map or optimization pass.

Sideways: Maybe someday! In the meantime: The last time it came up, it made for some pretty great videos. 

Dragging: Probably after release. We've already done some motion capture for it.

Speed: Up to the designers. =)

Projectiles: I believe this should improve as we revamp maps and redo some assets.

Explosions and trees: I think this may be one of those things where we have to wait for the technology to become less expensive, as it has to be replicated out to every client. We'd like it, for sure, but probably not within scope right now. We'll continue to watch as we Unreal Engine grows though.

Thank you Gatzby for the response, much appreciated, and looking forward to future features. Keep up the good work.

I dont get annoyed at things not making it to the game, but sometimes i need some future asset info to keep me hungry for the game.

Every time i play squad i think of ideas to help improve the game, like a squad leader rating system, whether such a thing would work or not, it doesn't stop me from idealism. Back in the days when you could count your BF2 hours on xfire i thought it would be great if we could anticipate actually decent players based on a rating system like products on amazon. it would stop dribblers from making fake squads and passing the SL buck to someone else i think. That specifically is the most broken aspect of the game, and its not the game's fault, its the players. and Honestly im not sure if a rating system would work ideally because what if SLs with high ratings didnt want to SL, would people give them grief over it? So its not an easy challenge. 

you guys have a tonne on your plate, so i'll let you get back at it. Cheers.