Gatzby

Limited Testing - 10/31

Really having a problem finding any bugs whatsoever in Tallil or anywhere else for that matter actually. Everything works bodacious with no crashing. I guess just this little nagging thing where the top nuts on the end of the Abrams barrel don't appear to stay attached and just hang in front of the model.

3627EBB6236F57FB84F720EE0A38B86A13880705

1801DACD9D6158B1C6D3931394FC8C06336E9732

13 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I'm still waiting for our resident suppression expert to weigh in on that... Freisen I think his user name is. He's kind of like the benchmark. Personally I like the new suppression, I'm just glad it's not over the top like RS2V.

its fierce in that game,  for me its just the small arms fire is in effective which they did say under a certain range it would not happen which makes sense, which I guess bodes well for better squad play where you bring your bigger weapons to the fore.  I just felt that it was just making my screen a little darker but didnt impact my ability to shoot/stamina or anything like that.   

Found that I was hitting people with a couple of shots and they were able to return accurate fire.

Getting very low res textures that don't reflect the hit collision of the terrain accurately. Turning on reloading fixes the problem but tanks the fps, making the game unplayable.

Also, the map icons, especially the diamonds, make the map look really cluttered and the directional arrow thing for the diamonds is almost impossible to see. I have to say the only thing that disappointed me about v12 is some of the UI design.

Edited by fatalsushi

6 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Getting very low res textures that don't reflect the hit collision of the terrain accurately. Turning on reloading fixes the problem but tanks the fps, making the game unplayable.

Also, the map icons, especially the diamonds, make the map look really cluttered and the directional arrow thing for the diamonds is almost impossible to see. I have to say the only thing that disappointed me about v12 is some of the UI design.

yea the new ui seems a little over the top... other thing was vehicles getting stuck on nothing, literally not able to move just wheel spinning... this was especially the case when you repair a vehicle and it just doesnt have the traction to move so no point repairing it.

57 minutes ago, embecmom said:

yea the new ui seems a little over the top... other thing was vehicles getting stuck on nothing, literally not able to move just wheel spinning... this was especially the case when you repair a vehicle and it just doesnt have the traction to move so no point repairing it.

Maybe this is related but bipods also don’t deploy a lot of the time.

3 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Getting very low res textures

I think I have the same issue, preload textures makes my system stutter occasionally, any ideas?

Settings straight from v11

5bdc886dc5305_settingssmall.thumb.JPG.4358e657b7717853c536d48554712bc0.JPG

Preload textures off

5bdc88bdf2838_preloadtexturesoff.thumb.JPG.b36b81d4baf03789dfc8b8cdb98d605b.JPG

Preload on, I have have to reduce physical size of image to upload 

5bdc89503d29b_preloadtexturesonsmall.thumb.JPG.8b3dede6252214941a26b4ebe8fcc57f.JPG

Have you guys cleared your game cache? Someone i play with had that and fixed it that way, tho that's not to say it'll fix it for everyone... Might be unrelated, but if you haven't, try it.

57 minutes ago, scoobi said:

I think I have the same issue, preload textures makes my system stutter occasionally, any ideas?

Settings straight from v11

5bdc886dc5305_settingssmall.thumb.JPG.4358e657b7717853c536d48554712bc0.JPG

Preload textures off

5bdc88bdf2838_preloadtexturesoff.thumb.JPG.b36b81d4baf03789dfc8b8cdb98d605b.JPG

Preload on, I have have to reduce physical size of image to upload 

5bdc89503d29b_preloadtexturesonsmall.thumb.JPG.8b3dede6252214941a26b4ebe8fcc57f.JPG

basically turn it off... think it needs enormous amount of ram or something.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:09 AM, Lipton (Easy) said:

The player icons are so tiny now. And, It's harder to tell who the SL is.

Have you messed with scaling settings at all? You may be able to come up with something a little easier on your eyes.

I also find it hard to understand the change in the icons of the teammates. Before they were perfect, clear and essential. Now they are square with a tiny triangle to understand the direction. I become blind to look at them now. Choice of Devs difficult to understand

Back from holidays, started downloading public test before doing/reading anything else ^_^

THX for the good job devs, and no matter the bugs, I'm certain great times are ahead !!!!

not sure its a bug but think may need further clarity.   When your squad no longer has the requisite no. of players to allow you to continue to use a support kit (in my case LAT), I got stuck in a loop of trying to spawn, the game seeming to let me spawn but then not showing any character animation, then going back to spawn again ..(rally specifically)  .. it would not let me spawn on a hab as if it was bugged.

Eventually figured that due to not having enough players in the squad It would not let me spawn on hab because I had a kit that was no longer allowed and the rally seemed buggy by spawning on the map but no character.   I think this may need either a heads up notification or something... 

Edited by embecmom

During Vancouver Sushi Place I discovered a bug that the supplies and ammo numerical amounts are transposed in the mouse over hover box.

When I aim through the scope of the NSVT and hit F to exit, the scope overlay remains on my screen despite me not operating the weapon any longer. It's fixed once I get back on it, looking through the scope again, and look out of it.

for some reason only on experimental servers, whenever I join a lobby right before the "loading" animation with the soldier shows up my game freezes my entire computer forcing me to cut power to the PC to shut it off.

my specs are fine and get good fps, I cleared my cashe, I verified my game files, tried re downloading the experimental branch and nothing works

is there something im missing?

So earlier on the new map, an enemy t72 drove blindly into a massive crater and got stuck, hilarious, but we discovered when a crewman got out of the tank and laid down on top, he was invincible, we couldnt shoot him, but he was mowing us down, kinda funny.

HUGE FPS drops on Jensen, almost constant thus unplayable for me ; not able to test on servers as none appear in the server list.

Edited by Nightstalker21

1 hour ago, Nightstalker21 said:

HUGE FPS drops on Jensen, almost constant thus unplayable for me ; not able to test on servers as none appear in the server list.

Did you clear the game cache? what settings are you running/ system specs? I can only find euro servers in the custom servers list.

11 minutes ago, Serp403 said:

Did you clear the game cache? what settings are you running/ system specs? I can only find euro servers in the custom servers list.

Game usually runs fine (45-60 fps) at med settings ; and of course I did clear cache ;)

I7 2600K 4,4 ; R9 280X 3G VRAM ; 16 GRAM ; but specs is not problem as game used to run Jensen @ 80 FPS and more, now starting @ 80 I get constant fps pikes down to 15... explosion, reloading animation, turning tank turret is never smooth, even firing a single shot with rifle/handgun causes fps drop

Steam server list is ok but the ingame one shows 0 server, even after refresh. Only a couple of custom servs (except if custom are the test servers but I don't think so as one looks like being a test server for the Starship troopers mod).

You're correct, I cant find the euro servers anymore, just one Chinese server, and the test server for Troopers.

Have you tried playing with the video settings? Do you have Fully Load Textures set to on? that might be giving you issues.

Edited by Serp403

After playing around 20+ matches over the last few days one thing that is very noticeable is the pace of the AAS game has been drastically reduced. Often times the matches are lasting the entire two hour duration or close to it. In fact, oddly enough after an hour plus people are really starting to complain & gripe with comments about ending the match etc. which really puzzles me considering the fact it seemed like previously the complaints hinged around the matches being too quick. Personally I really like this siege mentality that the new mechanic has forged especially with the seriously enlarged FOB and Logi capacities. Before the eu server crashed this evening I had over 4000 build and 4000 ammo on the one FOB lmfao!

Within that paradigm I'd still like to see the neutral flag number to cap bumped back up to three for even more unpredictability.

Overall the new mechanic seems discourage rushing the center point and instead simply going to your first flag and superfobbing it especially if its a flag that has a elevated position or is on the edge of the map.

New gunshot sounds are awesome. Great work @anders

I find the new loadout menus to be to obtrusive though. It feels like you leave the game when you switch screen completely. Also the mini map is much slower which is kinda annoying. 

17 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

New gunshot sounds are awesome. Great work @anders

I find the new loadout menus to be to obtrusive though. It feels like you leave the game when you switch screen completely. Also the mini map is much slower which is kinda annoying. 

The audio has always been amazing in my opinion. The footsteps, the shell cases, the ticking sound of the hot apc gun barrel, birds and wolves, all very cool. The M4 sounds really snappy. You'll get used to the map and menu screen. I just wish the active fob was still blue instead of yellow.

7 hours ago, Serp403 said:

You're correct, I cant find the euro servers anymore, just one Chinese server, and the test server for Troopers.

Have you tried playing with the video settings? Do you have Fully Load Textures set to on? that might be giving you issues.

Thx for help ;)

I tried everything, Fully load always off (tried earlier and it causes game to drastically increase loading times, will try later with new GFX card)

I'm actually checking integrity of game files and Squad just downloaded a 330 Mb update, will try ASAP.