Adam Stone

Suggestion for the the marksman

Hello everyone, I know that this game is realistic and difficult,I find the gameplay of marksman very hard. I explain myself, as a lot of "marksman" I prefer to shoot far (ex: 200m to 1km from my goal), knowing that we must take into account the fallout of the ball and endurance, it is enough unrealistic to shoot 2.3 or 4 times to finally touch (which, most of the time, hurts and does not kill). In my opinion, it's a mobile and precise class, and that's why I do not understand the absence of a bipod or a range finder instead shoot and after see where goes the bullet . Finally, I find it unfortunate to be a sniper to finally shoot 100 meters on an enemy more precise than you.

Ps: Playing this role on forest maps is awful, in the US you have a desert outfit completely unsuited, the great distances you will travel will force you, to be more slow than your squad or to aim as if you were asthmatic. In addition, the large irregularities of the field will force you to fire from a distance if you do not want shoot from downhill position on an enemy-occupied hill. Also, I do not see much difference when I shoot lying or standing. Thanks to those who read and have a good evening / day!

Edited by Adam Stone

Well you said it. It´s a marksman. Not a sniper.

They fulfill very different roles in the battlefield. While the sniper operates alone (with a spotter) to perform specific tasks that are bestowed upon him by higher command, the marksman is an integral part of a squad, and provides the squad with more accurate fire to gain fire superiority over distance. In other words the marksman is a tool the squad has to overcome certain difficulties of the battle, for example suppressing an enemy mg from distance while the rest of the squad moves in.

I think devs have said that there won´t be a sniper role in this game. 

10 hours ago, Adam Stone said:

Suggestion for the MARKSMAN

10 hours ago, Adam Stone said:

I find the gameplay of sniper very hard. I explain myself, as a lot of "marksman" I prefer to shoot far (ex: 200m to 1km from my goal)

You just divided by zero. If you are trying to play designated marksman role as a sniper, then you most probably picked a wrong game. 

Designated marksman and sniper are absolutely different roles. If you are looking for gameplay that suits the "lay down on the hill 2km far from objective and shoot balls"-ish style, then seek no more since its not going to happen in this game.

thanks Rossignol and extaa. Sorry for the confusion between sniper and marksman , sometime i need google to translate (in this, sniper and marksman is the same thing). I don't expect to see a sniper at 2km and that was not i want to say, just i don't understand why the marksman have not a bipod like the gun of the british marksman.

Sorry if I misspoke and I hope, this time, it will be more clear.

But you can snipe with a Tank, IFV and HMG with scope but not puting a rifle in game... hmmmmm... logic ¬¬:S

That was i want to say, when you are at the gunner position in a tank you finnish the game with 10,20 or 30 kills and 1 or 2 death.

I understand, it will be horrible to have a full marksman squad lying at 1 or 2 km.

But that is not that in game, they are 3 by team (it is the limit, I think) and they are at 100 or 200m because more than that they can not shoot precisely and less, there are shot everytime.

Edited by Adam Stone

7 hours ago, Adam Stone said:

thanks Rossignol and extaa. Sorry for the confusion between sniper and marksman , sometime i need google to translate (in this, sniper and marksman is the same thing). I don't expect to see a sniper at 2km and that was not i want to say, just i don't understand why the marksman have not a bipod like the gun of the british marksman.

Sorry if I misspoke and I hope, this time, it will be more clear.

While I realize this is still in English, I hope it helps some: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman#"Sniper"_vs._"SDM/DM" . A safe way of thinking about is that snipers are used when there is a very specific objective, whereas a designated marksman is part of the squad at all times, and is called upon when accuracy is most important during normal operations. They could be considered an exceptionally talented shooter, but a squadmate first and foremost.

44 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Bien que je sache que le texte est toujours en anglais, j’espère que cela en aidera certains:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman#"Sniper"_vs._"SDM/DM "  . Une façon sûre de penser est que les tireurs d’élite sont utilisés lorsqu’il ya un objectif très spécifique, alors qu’un tireur désigné fait partie de l’équipe à tout moment et est sollicité lorsque la précision est primordiale lors des opérations normales. Ils pourraient être considérés comme un tireur exceptionnellement talentueux, mais un compagnon d’escadron avant tout.

thanks for the link. I have read it and on every pictures soldiers have a bipod, and the australian soldier have a telemeter.

4 hours ago, Adam Stone said:

every pictures soldiers have a bipod

@Gatzby The man has a point....

I feel like a bipod might make it too OP, but tbh we won't know unless it has been tested.. I wouldn't mind the devs giving it a chance.

I don't think a bipod is unreasonable for a marksman, although I do hope weapon resting comes for everyone sometime in the future :)

It's pretty easy to encourage people to play the marksman role properly, just tell them you don't mind but they have to stay with the squad or else they lose access to any of the kits in the squad ;) 

Le 01/11/2018 à 01h35, Psyrus a déclaré:

Je ne pense pas qu'un bipied soit déraisonnable pour un tireur, bien que j'espère vraiment que l'arme se repose pour tout le monde à l'avenir :)

Il est assez facile d'encourager les joueurs à jouer correctement. Dites-leur simplement que cela ne vous dérange pas, mais qu'ils doivent rester avec l'équipe ou qu'ils ne la perdent pas.;) 

i have read some others suggestions and one of them suggest to allow to the SL to change a member's calss at any point in the game. And an other suggest to be able to customize his weapon. I like these ideas because there are practice and it can add a unique side to every soldiers within the reasonable limits , and more important than add a bipod