Sign in to follow this  
Zeroid

Working mirrors, as an option/default for vehicles... Please

Mirrors don't seem to work in Post Scriptum, and and appear unusably blurred in Squad.

Could we please have workin mirrors on vehicles as a graphics option, set on as default...possibly with a range of detail quality stepping steps? ^^

Vehicles need to reverse at times and the current mirror settings really hamper the driver from being able to do this to any reasonable level of ease. Please make it an option...

Cheers

P.s. I would post direct to Post Scriptum but they use discord when forums imo are better, and Squad is the base of PS... cheers o7

Edited by Zeroid

Another solution with greater economy...be able to turn your head to see behind. i personally dont want an arma 3 situation where mirrors chug my graphics card. In before get a new graphics card.

In arma you have the option to turn it off, same should be in squad 

1 hour ago, Psyko said:

mirrors chug my graphics card. In before get a new graphics card.

I hope a graded solution could help, in which you can choose the level of detail available in the mirror from nothing, to shapes, and finally full detail. the number of degrees of detail could be up to the user.

Think the issues it's not real reflections more a displaying a camera within a camera which trebles the work need by the gpu. stick a second mirror and its insane. 

Now this is something i've been wanting for a long time aswell. I understand it's not a priority now, but i really do hope it will make it into the full release at least. I understand that it'll probably have a hit on the perfomance, but it might be possible for a lot of players once beta optimization kicks in.

Yeah agree that the Trucks could use some kind of back up camera, what we did in PR was add a camera where the mirror is located.

We will definitely add something in the future that allows better usability for the truck drivers when reversing, without costing perf 

43 minutes ago, Elad said:

What about apcs and ifvs

I am for it yes especially for a logi truck.So many times backing them up in a tight alleyway looking on the map and trying to see where the road is going and fallowing it and mirrors would be amazing.

Tanks do not have one and not sure about inf vhic ;-)

Edited by Bahrein

Mirrors? Heck, the Stryker you can't even hardly see out the front as a driver because of the gigantic hood that was added in v10. Nevermind the CROWS view got turned into overly bright pre-zoomed pipboy with no fov settings.

I'ed prefer a look backwards and a turn out rather than mirrors, mirrors are a trivial waste of dev time and money

Edited by Psyko

I wonder how much performance hit the PIP rendering for the Apache camera in this video creates (seen from 2:00 in the video):