Sign in to follow this  
Nightingale87

The KEY to every argument in SQUAD

I wrote this somewhere else I wanted to share in a new thread:

SO two guys have a different opinion about rallies….no nerf or not no nerf...there lies the question.

One said: If I wanted Battlefield gameplay I would have bought Battlefield.

The other one replied: If I wanted Simulation gameplay I would have bought ARMA

So...

Many discussions often reach this point. Although not too many are aware of it. 

Now. This thing. BF/COD or ARMA.... where is the middle point?

does SQUAD really want to be a middle point or somewhat inclined towards one of them?

If so...how inclined?...and to which side? and in which aspects?

This is a tricky one. I know what I want to see. But I know it´s not what everybody wants to see. 

Some feel their point of view is justified because SQUAD claimed to be PR successor. Some say that SQUAD is it´s own thing and not an imitation. 

We all are Squad in a way.

Squad just tries to be it's own unique thing as far as i see it. It has the hardcore "realism" elements of Arma-like gameplay but it's also easy to pick up and start like Battlefield. To balance this is ofcourse really difficult, but so far i think they are heading into the right direction.

Key to every argument used to be ITS STILL IN ALPHA! 

LOL

Squad should be a successor to Project Reality, its a flawless blue print. The beauty is they can even bring it on higher levels under Unreal Engine.

Edited by Rainmaker

I got into squad because I wanted a simlike squad play game that didnt have the mess that Arma became and avoided the spawn die rinse repeat arcade style of BF/COD/Risingstorm....  I think for the most part for me its managed it pretty well.

Why can't we just have a server option that controls if that server allows rally points?  Then you can have the best of both worlds as you can connect to whichever time of game play you like the most.

lol @Nightingale87. Forums are great because of moments such as the one you described (and quoted me from :P) that allow us to express our opinions, experiences and expectations. Difference of opinion is good, but being able to set differences aside and adapt to changes is what makes this community great! I have been wrong before when advocating against the introduction of melee weapons and now that they're in the game I'm not even mad because the devs did a great job with it.

I'm sure the devs HATE it when we, as forum users, turn to BF/ARMA as two extremes on a gaming spectrum when trying to make our points across. And I don't blame them however this comparison between the two has become sort of a standard analogy when a game mechanic or feature is changed and/or introduced. Kinda like an analog meter that has to stay in the middle for smooth operation:

wOBYhL.gif

26 minutes ago, 3S_Moe said:

Why can't we just have a server option that controls if that server allows rally points?  Then you can have the best of both worlds as you can connect to whichever time of game play you like the most.

I think that's what the game needs. SORT OF. Give private servers the option to control those game mechanics so the more 'hardcore' crowd have options best fitted for them and so do 'softcore' crowd. This way the devs don't have to draw a line in the sand alienating one demographic or try to please everyone without succeeding. This actually was brought up before:

I'd love to see admin options, or at a minimum, a base and hardcore mode. I feel like the devs are always bouncing around torn between making the game approachable for a casual new player, and trying to keep the more serious players happy. I say build it for the newbies and let the minority take the training wheels off. It would only add to the player base instead of splitting it IMO. 

On 10/29/2018 at 9:48 AM, CptDirty said:

I'm sure the devs HATE it when we, as forum users, turn to BF/ARMA as two extremes on a gaming spectrum when trying to make our points across. And I don't blame them however this comparison between the two has become sort of a standard analogy

Heh, we've used it ourselves, so can't blame others for following suit. They're handy, because we're all intimately familiar with 'em. (I've known Battlefield longer than any partner, ya know?)

Since rallies are hot right now: There likely won't be any changes to the implementation of rallies currently in Alpha 12, but we'll be watching the feedback, including suggestions about server variables.

Hardcore mode: We talk about this, half seriously, a fair bit. There are a lot of features we'd like to see there ourselves, but it's one of those, "When we have time, that'll be awesome!" projects. Hopefully someone is modding away in the meantime. =)

9 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Heh, we've used it ourselves, so can't blame others for following suit. They're handy, because we're all intimately familiar with 'em. (I've known Battlefield longer than any partner, ya know?)

Since rallies are hot right now: There likely won't be any changes to the implementation of rallies currently in Alpha 12, but we'll be watching the feedback, including suggestions about server variables.

Hardcore mode: We talk about this, half seriously, a fair bit. There are a lot of features we'd like to see there ourselves, but it's one of those, "When we have time, that'll be awesome!" projects. Hopefully someone is modding away in the meantime. =)

This is what I love about SQUAD.

It may not be yet what I want to see...but I feel Heard!...

Thank you! I choose to trust this group of devs!

On 2018-11-01 at 9:41 AM, lansomerhalder said:

Who like Squad, Hit Heart. 

I stabbed my heart with a knife, now I'm sleepy.

Welcome to the Squad forums :)