Mitya76rus

The killing power of cartridges 7.62

Good day! According to my observations, almost no one plays with 7.62 mm rifles,such as AKM, G3A3(FN-FAL in the future ).Rifles in the game but no one plays with them .In my opinion they have too big spread when shooting, it is very difficult to get from G3A3 to the running fighter. My suggestion to them to increase power, such as they should kill with 1 bullet.If you do this interest in this type of weapon will increase,and not much impact on the game balance.(Yes, the machine guns of 7.62 is also a concern)What is your opinion.(sorry for my English)

Hehehehe you are sooo wrong i always take AKM when i can not the g-3 that much but AKM always.

Just because of 7,62 ;-)

And this was discussed a huge lot of time and  thy will not make you one shot kill with 7,62 but only if its a head shot ;-)

A 7.62 makes an exitwound thesize of an apple IRL as I recall ( feel free to correct me on this ). So its pretty deadly. Hit a guy in the leg or arm and he will likely bleed out in 3 minutes. But for game mechanics... autokilling with one round seems more appropriate for the .50 cal.

Edited by ScruffySwede

Posted (edited)

Also remember that there are 3 different 7.62 rounds in this game.

7.62x39- SKS, AK's and variants

7.62x51 or 7.62 NATO- G3's, FAL and others

7.62x54r or 7.62 Russian- SVD

I can tell you from personal experience that these 3 rounds perform very differently from each other in real life.  I have at least one of each caliber in the safe and have taken deer with all.

Edited by mpbond
clarity

Posted (edited)

You forgot 7.62x25 Tokarev, for the Tokarev pistol and the PPSH....;-)

Plus they have different loadings. The sub gun ammo is MUCH hotter. We shot some Czech surplus through my friends Chicom Tokarev pistol and holy **** was it hot ammo. Bordering on light .357 magnum loads in recoil. I wouldn't want to get hit with it.

Edited by tmpwhore

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, ScruffySwede said:

A 7.62 makes an exitwound thesize of an apple IRL as I recall ( feel free to correct me on this ). So its pretty deadly. Hit a guy in the leg or arm and he will likely bleed out in 3 minutes. But for game mechanics... autokilling with one round seems more appropriate for the .50 cal.

He will bleed out unless he applies a tourniquet and bandages. It doesn't guarantee survival but if the dude isn't in a state of hysteric pain or saying crazy stuff from light headed blood loss then he can keep fighting from a fixed position. So only headshots really end the threat right away because the hydrostatic shock will crack that medulla in the brain. Don't forget graze wounds and flesh wound. You can get shot on the edge of your bare skull with minor indentation wound penetration coming off a ricochet or bounced bullet that lost velocity and survive being fully conscious, your brain will swell to fill the wound and you will feel headache plus screwed vision/weird smells and hearing. Even with full velocity bullets, getting shot in the jaw on your head doesn't kill you... this is why you never go for headshots on big game animals because you risk jaw shots and they will run off then starve to death if they don't bleed out from artery hits.

I dont like the damage model at all. It's flaky and inconsistent. Intermediate caliber weapons feel a bit too powerful sometimes and full caliber rifles need some sort of buff but I dont feel like it should be a straight up damage boost.

The way it's balanced out is you have a far smaller time window to apply a bandage before you bleed out. If you hit someone with a full size rifle caliber in Squad he either has to get right to bandaging or die.

Head shots is a one shot kill with any weapon in the game. You will notice the difference when hitting other parts of the enemy. My impression is that it is a significant difference between 7,62 and 5.56 type ammo and 2 hits w 7.62 is usually enough to kill an enemy, he will atleast have very little time to bandage and most of the times he bleeds out. With 5.56 it takes atleast 3-4 hits to deal lethal damage to the enemy. For ex the M4 will often need more than one 3 round burst to down an enemy.
At close range a gun like the SKS quite often wins against a 5.56 caliber assault rifle because you only need to get 2 hits with the SKS to get a kill while a weapon like L85/m4 needs a full auto burst to do the same, and too often some of the rounds miss...

On 24/10/2018 at 3:21 AM, Mitya76rus said:

Good day! According to my observations, almost no one plays with 7.62 mm rifles,such as AKM, G3A3(FN-FAL in the future ).Rifles in the game but no one plays with them .In my opinion they have too big spread when shooting, it is very difficult to get from G3A3 to the running fighter. My suggestion to them to increase power, such as they should kill with 1 bullet.If you do this interest in this type of weapon will increase,and not much impact on the game balance.(Yes, the machine guns of 7.62 is also a concern)What is your opinion.(sorry for my English)

There's  a pretty big difference between 7.62 x39 and 7.62x54. One is an Ak round the other one is an SVD round. Which one are u talking about?

A possible way to increase the stopping power of rifle caliber cartridges without just making them annoying would be to add another damage multiplying location to the character hitbox like the head.

This hitbox could be somewhere like the upper torso to represent the heart and other vital organs and could multiply the damage just enough to let rifle caliber do fatal or near fatal damage, but intermediate cartridges still take multiple shots.

I think this solution would work because it would give all of the weapons another variable to bring into consideration without just making battle-rifles overpowered one-shotters.

This is something that happens in RO2/RS1/RS2 and gives those games a lot more leathality without feeling cheap, in my opinion.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, tmpwhore said:

You forgot 7.62x25 Tokarev, for the Tokarev pistol and the PPSH....;-)

Plus they have different loadings. The sub gun ammo is MUCH hotter. We shot some Czech surplus through my friends Chicom Tokarev pistol and holy **** was it hot ammo. Bordering on light .357 magnum loads in recoil. I wouldn't want to get hit with it.

Don't shoot subgun "hot" 7.62x25 through surplus pistols it's not safe.

I think 7.62 is pretty balanced compared to 5.45/5.56, x39 deals slightly more damage with the trade off of more recoil. x51 and x54 are very good for one shotting anyone that isn't at full health.

36 minutes ago, Sparcany said:

I think 7.62 is pretty balanced compared to 5.45/5.56, x39 deals slightly more damage with the trade off of more recoil. x51 and x54 are very good for one shotting anyone that isn't at full health.

I rarely see experienced players taking the AKM if they have another option. While it does offer more damage it's just not enough to make up for the fact it's often harder to land two consecutive shots with 7.62x39 than getting three with 5.56 or 5.45.

It can certainly perform, but currently doesn't seem practically better than the other intermediate cartridges.

53 minutes ago, Stom said:

I rarely see experienced players taking the AKM if they have another option.

It's a pretty safe assumption that they didn't mean to pick the unscoped rifleman class in the first place

1 hour ago, Good-Try Greg said:

It's a pretty safe assumption that they didn't mean to pick the unscoped rifleman class in the first place

True in V13 but even before when scopes were much more limited and the unscoped Rifleman for Militia/Insurgents had the choice to take an AKM people would still grab anything else.