ScruffySwede

Looking forward to play!

A 38 year old Swede who has gotten real excited to play Squad. Seen videos on Youtube and cant wait to get stuck in. Off course, computer issues needs to be resolved first before anything else happens.

With 2 kids, 2 dogs and a significant other, not to mention work, I am looking for a clan that accepts that IRL has priority but also provides good teamwork once I do get a chance to join the fun, so I have as good an experience as possible once I do get a chance to play ( if that makes sense ).

Used to play alot of Battlefield 2 and Day of Defeat back in the day.

Like most swedes, I've done military service ( squadleader for armored infantry ) though that was back in 2000-2001. I guess I would like to try out the old training in a game that takes pride in its tactical realism.

Anyways, looking forward to play once the computer is up and running properly, and hopefully with a squad/team that accepts that I can only attend when IRL allows it, but still provide a fun and cool tactical experience.

I've the exact same problem (except younger, no child, 1 cat and 1 wife :P ) but full-time job and my own business on my free-time = very little time to play Squad and I can't really predict when I'll be able to play, thus joining a clan that accepts this is not very easy.

Tried once with a french one but missing trainings leaves you behind, your level stays not very good and you can't participate when there are important matches :( Not their fault, I can understand that ; just logical and bad luck. So I do my best when joining a random game, try to play with squad of teamplayers (game after game you spot the good SLs) and enjoy the game as it is.

So good luck and really hope you will find a clan that respects and admits your availibilities ;) there certainly are some !!

And welcome to Squad buddy !!

Edited by Nightstalker21

Tbh, you don't really need a Clan to play Squad.

The community "works" together quite well (at least on the public servers I have been playing on).

1 hour ago, sanf said:

The community "works" together quite well (at least on the public servers I have been playing on).

Fully agree. Joining a clan and training with them will just make you feel like part of a family, a band of brothers you like and want to play with when you join a server and find some of them in already ; but the game is very enjoyable w/o being part of one, and you are almost always eventually going to find some squad with good teamplay and good SL who will help you have great times.

1 hour ago, sanf said:

But you are so wrong buddy.Trust me beeing in a clan and playing on a server with your full clan squad is amazing.

Its amazing when you all work as one with as little talk in squad chat as possible not becouse you do not talk but becouse everyone knows what to do all the time.

I would highly suggest you get in one but not in this beginning join a clan after some time. 

Well, playing Battlefield 2 solo was alot of fun, so Im sure this game will be as well. What Im looking for is a fun team of players that are reliable and tactical and who you will grow to know over time. That is what I hope to find at least. 

On 23.10.2018 at 1:19 PM, Bahrein said:

But you are so wrong buddy.Trust me beeing in a clan and playing on a server with your full clan squad is amazing.

Its amazing when you all work as one with as little talk in squad chat as possible not becouse you do not talk but becouse everyone knows what to do all the time.

I would highly suggest you get in one but not in this beginning join a clan after some time. 

Well, yea, playing with a clan is cool.

A lot of clans (about all nowadays from what I've seen) want to play kind of regularly and/ or do at least some competitive stuff.

I don't know if that is something for OP, but it doesn't seem like it  to me.

What I found is, that if you stick to certain "local" servers, you'll see the same names again and know what to expect.

Also it helps to say "hello" when you join a squad, see if people answer and ask about what's up.

If starting a Squad, a mic and language check helps a lot to have a fun round. After that, people are normally commited.

57 minutes ago, sanf said:

What I found is, that if you stick to certain "local" servers, you'll see the same names again and know what to expect.

+1