Can't we have v12 alpha test until the final v12 release like Insurgency: Sandstorm is doing with their Beta(until release of the game), with updates and stuff, so we can all enjoy and test it? It's free labor... i think it would a great help for the Devs and people would feel much more involved in the game, and would mean a much more polished final release of v12 with our feedback and bug reports, etc...

And of course this idea would continue in further versions.

Edited by Lio

this is exactly what they're planning to do. however they first need to get to a point where all the known showstoppers (issues that literally break the game) have been fixed at least.

Edited by sgt_froug

3 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

Every iteration and versioning stage has been exactly that. 

But only for a few hours/days tho... i mean until the final version release.

Edited by Lio

47 minutes ago, Lio said:

[snip] i think it would a great help for the Devs and people would feel much more involved in the game, and would mean a much more polished final release of v12 with our feedback and bug reports, etc...

[snip]

I think exactly the opposite might be the case. if you allow all people access from day one so to speak, it will make at least QAs job more time consuming, since people will report the same bugs over and over, disregarding rules for formatting along with providing bland descriptions. just have a look in the #bug-reports channel on discord from time to time and you will know what I mean.

Edited by sgt_froug

49 minutes ago, Lio said:

But only for a few hours/days tho... i mean until the final version release.

What version is everyone playing now (V11)? How does V11 become V12 (everyone mass testing V11 daily). When V12 is released it'll be the next test  bed before additional fixes/release is delivered. Testing will stop upon full release of game. 

You're currently alpha testing v11. The bug reports that have come in over the last 5 months are part of what went into the next version. The next version is currently still in development, so us L2 testers don't get our hands on it until a RC is ready. 

Trust me, the devs would be quite silly to release half baked and hugely buggy releases to the greater early access community. If you want to test the next version so badly, I suggest applying for a closed tester position :) 

Edit: This is coming from someone who does incremental software releases... and trust me I wouldn't want to play a version of the game that isn't show-stopper-bug-fixed..  that wouldn't be playing, it's literally just tester work. You know, things crashing all the time, systems not working at all like intended... that kinda thing. 

Edited by Psyrus

Well all I have to say is Post Scriptum a lesson in to early a release and not enough testing game mechanics = .........