liamNL

Squad system/types for vehicles.

1 hour ago, gshAT said:

-on map, markers are shared! (attack, mvmnt, etc and also hostile Forces markers)

mh.. didnt know that attack and Movement Marker are Shared for all Squads... do i have to aktivate it somewhere because last time i SLed i didnt notice it.

Updating and deleting the old hostile Forces marker on the map for a moving Target is somewhat difficult, i think.

1 hour ago, gshAT said:

-still there is the mechanic to directly communicate. and often Vehicle to Vehicle communication is as important as Information for all others as INF Squad to INF Squad communication is. 

I agree, but until now it is not used very much, which is a pitty.

1 hour ago, gshAT said:

-what if you are the SL who is not communicating with other SLs and got 3 vehicles in your Squad?

If i refuse to play the game properly or even sabotage the game what do you do? get an admin and enforce teamplay. thats not really a Problem on most Servers.

Well if i occupie the only TankSL i get yelled at by everybody i guess ;) ... while if

1 hour ago, gshAT said:

Local Chat, as it is now is not really suited for vehicles.

unfortunally i agree, but it could be made working.

1 hour ago, gshAT said:

But i think that it is good that Squad gives you the freedom to do as you prefer. 

It is good to a degree, but then why can`t I just create 2 Squads of 4 each but still get all the guns (instead of Fireteams) (it is basicly the same shared marker/Direkt Coms from SL to SL/ less chatter in Squadchannel/etc.)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Titan84 said:

mh.. didnt know that attack and Movement Marker are Shared for all Squads... do i have to aktivate it somewhere because last time i SLed i didnt notice it.

Updating and deleting the old hostile Forces marker on the map for a moving Target is somewhat difficult, i think.

it is a great new feature. i actually think you see it as normal rifleman too on the map. it is just a Little bit greyed out and blue … so you have to look for it. just check next time at start of map. Makes the start much more easy to organize if everyone just marks their waypoint.

/edit

when an enemy vehicle is once spotted and marked every Squad should know about it. If it is moving again you can follow it by SL comms and mark the place where it finally was last seen.  Especially in this case it is benefitial when both vehicles have their own SL

8 hours ago, Titan84 said:

unfortunally i agree, but it could be made working.

definitley. Vehicle Chat should be a thing

Edited by gshAT

Change local for people in vehicle to a in vehicle chat, add a telephone or something at the back of the vehicle for inf to communicate with the crew inside. Like real life on the Merkava tanks.