Sign in to follow this  
Panthera

2 years now- Crave some track ir support

Good day gents and ladies

Its been 2 years now since I got Squad alpha and actually stopped playing in March 2018. I'm aware of the size of the passionate Dev group and the fact that they work around the clock or Squad. Thank you for the amazing work, but where is the head tracking support? As infantry its way more immersive and practical. Please give us some Trackir support. I'm sure there's lots of people out there waiting for this...

Waiting like a dog that saw a fresh lamb shank bone :D

Panthera out 

We'd like to have better TrackIR (and competitors now!) support, and there are folks on the team that do experiment with it, but it's not currently a high priority. (Versus things like tanks, components, suppression, choppers, etc.) We may revisit it a little more thoroughly after we hit the release milestones. =)

Can't believe people don't know what TrackIR is. Its like they are living in 1980's still.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:17 PM, Gatzby said:

We'd like to have better TrackIR (and competitors now!) support, and there are folks on the team that do experiment with it, but it's not currently a high priority. (Versus things like tanks, components, suppression, choppers, etc.) We may revisit it a little more thoroughly after we hit the release milestones. =)

I thought TrackiR sent a DEV kit a while back. Was there any work done with that, or progress made?

Edited by PROTOCOL

5 hours ago, beginna said:

Well, one could say that TrackIR is a fading technology (from the 90ies).

I mean there also is FaceTrackNoIR, Tobii Eye Tracker 4C, EDTracker, etc...

Only a small fraction of gamers, mostly in niche games, are using any of these products.

Heck, FOIP is on its way to becoming a thing, and webcams are cheap. 

Yeah the ability to use track IR with more and more vehicles coming out is absolutley necessary.  Else this title reminds me of the limited BF2 engine in that regard.  Its 2018 for gods sake, let us look around with track ir.