SquidNinja17

Grenade and Mortar Blast Radius

Couldn't help but notice that the damage radius on frag grenades and mortars is incredibly close. After trying to kill myself with mortars and grenades, it seemed like I was within 30 meters without taking any damage what so ever.

yes and on 30 mil he rounds..

it has been like that for a long time...still hasn't been addressed. its a pretty big deal imo... effects game play every single match played and often..

wish it would be addressed or at least acknowledged by someone dev team or community team. i made a thread about it a while back.

while i think they changed the mortar damg for balance issues it is still just painfully nerfed ...

on the real battlefield things exploding is the main cause of death... it shouldnt be nerfed imo.. granted no one wants a grenade fests but with mortars...if you get womped loose a point...get your shit together and kill the mortars..i donno why they nerfed them

Or shit if there not going to change the damg ..at least change the model of the mortar to look like a 60mm mortar and not a 120/81 because thats the kind of damg its putting out.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

Wouldn't logic and common sense dictate that until all the roles, weapons and vehicles are in the finished build of the game that then and only then can the true balancing of everything would  actually occur?

On 10/14/2018 at 8:41 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Wouldn't logic and common sense dictate that until all the roles, weapons and vehicles are in the finished build of the game that then and only then can the true balancing of everything would  actually occur?

True, just throwing it up there and putting a pin in it.

Can we get Suppression effect on Grenades as well, with a slower decrease?

Note, never been in a grenade AOE, but don't think I'd be not effected, other than bit of damage.

Edited by Smee

On 13/10/2018 at 2:48 AM, SquidNinja17 said:

After trying to kill myself with mortars and grenades, it seemed like I was within 30 meters without taking any damage what so ever.

There is a bug with mortar tubes - you must stay on the tube until the projectile impacts, otherwise it will not register damage on the server.

So that means you cannot damage yourself with a tube.

This is (hopefully) fixed in next version, along with an extended range for mortar damage.

Eh.. 30 m radius seems really high. I'd be happy if they increased shrapnel range a few metres. Don't need to drop an enemy with every explosive, just forcing a bandage is good for suppression.