Sign in to follow this  
JovenTroll

Couple of bad decisions in my opinion

1 hour ago, Jevski said:

Ehmm not really. A friendly can pick up the medic kit, thereby becoming the medic and revive the former medic. In PR a rifleman cant revive anyone.

Well that´s just a technicallity. As long as there is a medic kit around, any player can revive any player.

Now the only case in which there´s a difference is in two isolated riflemen, who can revive each other. The crucial thing to remember is the state in which players will be revived. They wont have stamina and won´t get it back. They will be really weak, and probably have a darker screen with darkened edges. That is almost the same as being dead. So if there´s no medic around, then that´s not a combat effective player. 

So medics are still a valuable asset and from a point of view, even more than before. Let me explain:

With the current state of affairs, the medic has to be a REALLY responsable player. He has to understand that he is NOT a rifleman that can heal itself (like some people say). He has to understand that the weapon he carries is not to engage the enemy but for self defense. A good medic, with the current state will hardly see the enemy at all in a round, because he is to be crawling everywhere, and only shooting to immediate threats. A responsable player has to understand that he fights the enemy with his bandages,...that´s his war. that´s the nature of his battle.

Now how many players have you seen playing that way? I´ve seen some, but really REALLY few. So if nobody is going to play like that in a squad, anybody can just take the medic...after all "it´s just a rifleman that can heal himself" (Im traumatized by this phrase I Heard from an "experienced" SL some time ago...lol). That´s Why you see medics taking point, engaging the enemy, far from sl, etc. Some medics finish the rounds with 4+ kills!!!...and of course...3-4 revives. 

Even being  really responsable medic can u get shot from nowhere or get fragged or rpged and killed, and that´s it...squad is doomed. BEcause...how many responsable medics can there be in a squad? 2 is VERY unlikely. 

So for some squads it really makes no difference having a medic or not. Some 9 people squad usually have just one medic.

in the future, if they play right the mechanic of being revived and being quite shit without stamina and other things mentioned, things will be better for medics. First of all they wont be the only people accountable for squads health and durability, Second, they themselves can be revived which gives them a break from an otherwise unforgiving mechanic. None of these changes is big enough to allow the medics now go rambo or anything like that. They are still the only ones that can keep other squad members being combat effective.

If done correctly this will be a very positive change.

1 hour ago, Jevski said:

Ehmm not really. A friendly can pick up the medic kit, thereby becoming the medic and revive the former medic. In PR a rifleman cant revive anyone.

It's a difference of opinion / perspective but I was replying to the context of if a medic goes down, anyone can revive him. That's exactly the case because in pr as you said anyone can pick up the medic kit at any time and become the medic... Which means it's a single key press more in pr (kit pickup key) but the result is the exact same. 

3 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Now how many players have you seen playing that way? I´ve seen some, but really REALLY few. So if nobody is going to play like that in a squad, anybody can just take the medic...after all "it´s just a rifleman that can heal himself" (Im traumatized by this phrase I Heard from an "experienced" SL some time ago...lol). That´s Why you see medics taking point, engaging the enemy, far from sl, etc. Some medics finish the rounds with 4+ kills!!!...and of course...3-4 revives. 

Almost everytime I play. But again, I frequent only 1-2 different servers with 1 specific as the usual playground everyday, where medics have around 20+ revives.

Back in the days, the saying in PR was that players are hardcoded. You cannot no matter what, change players behavior by changing game mechanic, you might influence a few, and make it harder for others,but those who are not interested in teamwork will always do their own thing.

What remains to be seen is how this change will affect gameplay on those server where players think Team, before their own gratification.

34 minutes ago, Jevski said:

Back in the days, the saying in PR was that players are hardcoded. You cannot no matter what, change players behavior by changing game mechanic, you might influence a few, and make it harder for others,but those who are not interested in teamwork will always do their own thing.

How i understood that phrase is more like a player is hardcoded, so you need systems like deviation, suppression, stamina etc. to force him to play in a more realistic manner. 
You wouldnt need those systems if the players would just play the game tactically by themself. 

Thats also the reason why the playstyle after PR 1.0 changed drastically.