O_o_klyk_o_O

the speed of animations

Hello! I would like to know if the developers will modify the speed of player ((movement)) and the change of weapons! because the game is very slow.

sorry for my english  

thank you

Edited by O_o_klyk_o_O
thread name correction

I do not know if dev  talk about it or not even the players have to talk about that. when I play I feel that the player is drunk

3 minutes ago, KaB said:

Speed wasn't changed for v12.

they will change it ?  in the future?

No, Squad is more about being prepared than twitchy reaction. The game has slowed its pace down, it is one of the thinks that sets it apart from games like battlefield, cod, etc. The huge maps benefit a great deal from the pace, the pace also introduces the necessity of transport and logistics it plays a huge role in the feel of the game and I don't see the devs increasing the pace at any time.

8 minutes ago, Ein said:

No, Squad is more about being prepared than twitchy reaction. The game has slowed its pace down, it is one of the thinks that sets it apart from games like battlefield, cod, etc. The huge maps benefit a great deal from the pace, the pace also introduces the necessity of transport and logistics it plays a huge role in the feel of the game and I don't see the devs increasing the pace at any time.

a little increase is enough otherwise like that the game is really disgusting! i played project r ! its a good game 

38 minutes ago, O_o_klyk_o_O said:

animation

I think they made a kind of vote regarding this topic!

no

What a shitfest it would be if they make SQ faster...

Excuse my language but its the only way to describe it, from what I experienced in my humble 2000h play time.

42 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Excuse my language but its the only way to describe it, from what I experienced in my humble 2000h play time.

Yeah, tho in some cases (quickly dropping to the ground while getting shot at) i think it's good to have a fast animation. Overall tho the game slows down in V12.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:59 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

Yeah, tho in some cases (quickly dropping to the ground while getting shot at) i think it's good to have a fast animation. Overall tho the game slows down in V12.

They removed that in V11 and made changes to slow down the pace of the game, for instance running lowers your weapon and it takes longer to take aim as opposed to walking with your gun up and ready to fire, it takes a small eternity to take out your at and fire it. The devs took steps to slow down the pace and reward readiness over twitchy reaction, it plays to the whole tactical shooter aspect of the game. And on my opinion it enhances the game and promotes teamwork, because if you cant just drop and shoot at the same time like in CoD or BF now covering fire is much more valued in the game, with the suppression rework it will be even more so. I like that Squad is not Battlefield, because there are several Battlefield games out there and I also like that Squad isn't an Arma because there are Arma games out there, Squad sits in between them and it's doing a damn good job at it.

1 hour ago, Ein said:

They removed that in V11

Removed what? Dropping down quick while sprinting? If that's what you mean then it's added in V12. You can't shoot while in these animations ofcourse.

And yeah i like Squad because of those reasons aswell.

I know for sure in V9 you could go prone and be ready to shoot withing a millisecond, they removed that when they did the animation update which if I remember correctly was v11. With the animation update they also added the delay between running and aiming so you could no longer run and accurately shoot at a moments notice.

Have you guys noticed that the firing animations/handling have changed a lot in v12?

I was trying all the guns out on the range and there is more horizontal recoil and the guns feel more “floaty”, especially when settling after a shot. I know the competitive community was totally against this stuff when v10 arrived (though the PR guys seemed to like it) so I’m wondering why the devs made it tighter in v11 in response to complaints only to make it less controllable again in v12. I don’t mind it though, tbh.

Edited by fatalsushi

On 12/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, Rainmaker said:

I remember those days before Introduction of Vehicles we could run & run then run somemore like "Forest Gump" then we had the Bullet dodger Bobbing & weaving &  don´t forget the DropShots...

Those were the Days. :D

It's a fine line to walk as in reality, even the simplest things can take way longer than most gamers have gotten used to.

While Squad aims to be realistic, they have been playing with animations and other things to find that sweet spot between realism and fun (or just marketable as a FPS for that matter haha) as far as I know.

Bottom line, I suspect they will continue to work on this, but as most people here would say, I don't think most Squad players necessarily want the game to be "faster". That is part of what makes Squad, Squad.

Tbhs the animation for prone and jumping over low height walls is a bit slow. Especially to lie down, when you are under fire, is excruciating. Even PR had a instant prone "animation. Maybe increase the animation duration afterwards, so it takes about the same time to be able to fire, just let us get in cover faster.

41 minutes ago, Predator.v2 said:

Tbhs the animation for prone and jumping over low height walls is a bit slow. Especially to lie down, when you are under fire, is excruciating. Even PR had a instant prone "animation. Maybe increase the animation duration afterwards, so it takes about the same time to be able to fire, just let us get in cover faster.

Yeah, I think that is a problem across the board at the moment. Sometimes the animations aren't frantic enough for the situation or even outright unrealistic to the point of being annoying (I'm looking at you grenade launchers and LATs).

Hopefully we will see some creative improvements there. Maybe two sets of animations; one for calm, and the other for within 1 minute of a "suppression event" (i.e. being shot at). Or a randomized value to be passed into some function to set to the speed of the action to at least add some variation. The later obviously can't result in widely different speeds for the sake of gameplay.

Edited by IronComatose

the action to change the weapon and  to lie down is slow! why not increased a little speed. 

Edited by O_o_klyk_o_O

On 11/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, EA_SUCKS said:

the game is still too fast IMO

I agree.

12 hours ago, O_o_klyk_o_O said:

the action to change the weapon and  to lie down is slow! why not increased a little speed. 

Sorry but that would make Squad.. Not Squad. The slower animations are to force people to play more carefully instead of sprinting all over the place like it's some kind of twitch shooter. Teamplay and actions with thought behind them is what sets Squad apart from other random shooters.