Covalent

Make COAX right click to fire. HUGE BUG in V12, INFINITE RELOAD.

Agree that makes no sense how it is now , to be honest this should be fixed in all vics

Edited by Elad

ok bit of a stoopid question... whilst it is simulated mouseclicking and all... in the real vehicles do you have to remove your hand to select it, does someone else control it or is it a secondary switch/button on the control stick/panel etc where your hand is anyway....

by having to select it does this simulate the action and thus slow down the ease within the game of switching between weapons/ammo

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

ok bit of a stoopid question... whilst it is simulated mouseclicking and all... in the real vehicles do you have to remove your hand to select it, does someone else control it or is it a secondary switch/button on the control stick/panel etc where your hand is anyway....

by having to select it does this simulate the action and thus slow down the ease within the game of switching between weapons/ammo

understand that this is a video game, if we had all the requirements of real life, then thermals would be in the game, ERA, etc etc.  

This should not be something that still exists by the time V12 comes out, if it is, then that's laughable.

2 hours ago, Covalent said:

understand that this is a video game, if we had all the requirements of real life, then thermals would be in the game, ERA, etc etc.  

This should not be something that still exists by the time V12 comes out, if it is, then that's laughable.

thanks .. I think I understand that its a video game, unless im living in the Matrix and can have anything I want... it should not be a big issue to press a key and for it not to be in V12 is laughable, is a strange one .. is it game breaking?..my point is by placing it bound to the rmb is it making the 'video' game to easy to switch between coax and main gun .. if no, then why not just allow the user to bind it to the key/button he wishes.

Edited by embecmom

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

thanks .. I think I understand that its a video game, unless im living in the Matrix and can have anything I want... it should not be a big issue to press a key and for it not to be in V12 is laughable, is a strange one .. is it game breaking?..my point is by placing it bound to the rmb is it making the 'video' game to easy to switch between coax and main gun .. if no, then why not just allow the user to bind it to the key/button he wishes.

it is game breaking, a round shouldn't automatically disappear just because I switched to coax to shoot infantry that may be lining up to shoot a TOW/Missile at me.

Post Scriptum does it, why can't OWI?

RMB coaxial is preferred in design of course.

It is not implemented yet due to technical problems with having 2 weapons equipped at once (not possible with our current vehicle weapon system)

4 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

RMB coaxial is preferred in design of course.

It is not implemented yet due to technical problems with having 2 weapons equipped at once (not possible with our current vehicle weapon system)

I can see how it'd be an issue.  Although what's the difference with the system that Post Scriptum is using vs the one you're using?  Is it an older version of what's used in Post Scriptum?  

Thanks

Edited by Covalent

13 hours ago, Covalent said:

it is game breaking, a round shouldn't automatically disappear just because I switched to coax to shoot infantry that may be lining up to shoot a TOW/Missile at me.

Post Scriptum does it, why can't OWI?

not sure what you mean by a round disappearing?  But tbh if you are getting lined up by a Tow you probably wont see that coming in any case ... and its not game breaking.. the game will not break nor grind to a halt nor lose players because there is no RMB click for a coax.. unless you mean you will stop playing, where the community would obviously be sad to see you go but will move forward.  

And personally dont think PS is any type of game to be raising as a standard by which Squad should be judged...

Edited by embecmom

I think he means the round disappears from the loaded chamber if you switch to the mg. If you switch back to cannon it need to load again.

I think in general it would be nice if controls were dynamic, depending on whether you're in a vehicle or on foot. For instance, I have RMB bound to ironsights, but for some reason, I can't bind the same button to "optics" when in vehicles, which would make sense. I've had to bind it to a thumb mouse button (via binding the button to a keyboard command in my mouse software, then setting that key in the Squad settings). Basically in principle, I agree with the OP, I would like to be able to fire the coax without having to switch weapons - I'd just use a different key.

Similarly, I see they've added bayonets to rifles - but it's a bit clunky having to switch weapons to use it. It would make more sense to have a general "melee" key, and then have a way to attach/unfold the bayonet (alá RS2). 

10 hours ago, embecmom said:

not sure what you mean by a round disappearing?  But tbh if you are getting lined up by a Tow you probably wont see that coming in any case ... and its not game breaking.. the game will not break nor grind to a halt nor lose players because there is no RMB click for a coax.. unless you mean you will stop playing, where the community would obviously be sad to see you go but will move forward.  

And personally dont think PS is any type of game to be raising as a standard by which Squad should be judged...

I don't know if you're drunk or high, but nothing of what you say is valid.  I don't think you have any point either than to disagree.  

How about Project Reality then, huh?  Is that a game that shouldn't be held on the same standard to Squad, even though it's a much bigger game right now, and basically its Daddy to Squad?

Right click to shoot coax instead of swapping to it on the keyboard is just better for everyone.  It needs to happen.

Its not a v12 bug , and technically not a bug but more of a flaw in the reload design/secondary armament in vehicles design

3 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Just make the key to fire coax rebindable and not have to switch ammo type to do so. Problem solved for everyone.

Did you not read Fuzzhead's comment?

22 hours ago, Covalent said:

I don't know if you're drunk or high, but nothing of what you say is valid.  I don't think you have any point either than to disagree.  

How about Project Reality then, huh?  Is that a game that shouldn't be held on the same standard to Squad, even though it's a much bigger game right now, and basically its Daddy to Squad?

Right click to shoot coax instead of swapping to it on the keyboard is just better for everyone.  It needs to happen.

sigh..... its my ball and im going home cos I want to play the way I want to play...waaaaaah.... I was not disagreeing with you, I was offering an alternative point of view, asking whether switching it to right click offers the gunner to much of an advantage in being able to insta switch to coax vs the hesitation of pressing a key on the keyboard, in a sense simulating perhaps the real life switch...  if it doesnt then rather than just bind it to right mouse why not allow the user to bind it to whatever key they want.... 

Edited by embecmom

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

sigh..... its my ball and im going home cos I want to play the way I want to play...waaaaaah.... I was not disagreeing with you, I was offering an alternative point of view, asking whether switching it to right click offers the gunner to much of an advantage in being able to insta switch to coax vs the hesitation of pressing a key on the keyboard, in a sense simulating perhaps the real life switch...  if it doesnt then rather than just bind it to right mouse why not allow the user to bind it to whatever key they want.... 

Agreed, i think it would make it all a bit too easy for the gunner. Aswell as it being kind of unrealistic.