Sign in to follow this  
Tmac

v12 Movement and transition faster ???

Is it my feeling, or the movement (like the sprint with low stamina) and the soldier's transitions in general(“dolphine” prone?!?!), are much faster than v10 - v11? 

I seem to be back at v9 ... where the pg "had no weight" and moved too fast (like the usual Battlefield, CSGO etc.).

I hope it's just my feeling ... but it would be absurd ... the Devs want to lower the pace of the game with the changes to the spawn etc ... and then they increase x5 the movements and transitions of the soldier ???

I played only half an hour, but the impression was to be back to v9 and for me it would be a horrible thing!

Edited by Tmac

Are you talking about the V12 beta? If so, i don't think it is the case, altho they added a new animation for when going prone while sprinting. From what i've noticed (only played on the testing range) they just made the transitions smoother. Sprinting is fast when full on stammina, it slows down to walking speed when you've got no stammina, so afaik it's the same as in V11.

In the Firing Range, I also did not notice any changes. But as soon as I joined the game (Belaya), I had the sharp feeling of the soldier's movement much faster. As if the soldier had returned (v9) to "have less weight", in changes of direction, lean, sprint etc. Everything seemed faster. Besides, I just can not understand why they have speeded up the prone again when you are sprinting ... in fact facilitating the "dolphin tactic" so hated in v9.

Is it possible to have from the Devs (Fuzzhead ??) a word about my feelings? Have you changed-speeded some animation-transition ??? (apart from the prone sprinting that is obvious)

Thank you!

So you prefer the old almost 2-second animation when being ambushed suddenly? If i get shot at without being able to prepare for it i want to be able to get down to the ground as quick as i can. You don't see soldiers irl take their time to just calmly lay down on the ground when bullets start flying around their heads.

1 hour ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

So you prefer the old almost 2-second animation when being ambushed suddenly? If i get shot at without being able to prepare for it i want to be able to get down to the ground as quick as i can. You don't see soldiers irl take their time to just calmly lay down on the ground when bullets start flying around their heads.

I can also agree with your reasoning ... however apart from the proning speed, I just do not know what to say ... since nobody else had this impression of speed increase in general of the soldier and no Devs for now denies or confirms , it will have been my "placebo" effect or I'll be going crazy :)

Word is, movement speed has experienced no changes. There was some change to the sprint to prone animation speed that may be the source of this feeling, though.

19 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Word is, movement speed has experienced no changes. There was some change to the sprint to prone animation speed that may be the source of this feeling, though.

Happy to hear your words Gatzby! I can go back to sleep peacefully waiting for the next playtest :)