Gatzby

Limited Alpha 12 Test Oct 10th

1 hour ago, Bahrein said:

Even better.

But i must admit i am used to developers making USA stuff far better then other countries thats why this days in squad i use a frag rocket to kill an American its the only way and far better then using the AK :-)

I must admit i was shoked the other day when a squad just parked thear warrior by the side of the road and left it there.

But good thing i was not playing with them so it was easy pickings for my Tandem rocket ;-)

yes its v annoying but in a way this might even play itself out in the same way as limiting vehicles ... leave them lying about the map you wont have them spawn in I guess...

Edited by embecmom

Hey at least logi trucks won't be dumped across the map since i doubt everyone wants to spawn at main over and over.

Now, as for transport trucks, they might see more use aswell because of the rallypoint "nerf", this would be neat tbh.

Overall tho i believe lowering the ticket cost was mainly done to make rounds last longer, combined with all the other changes to the meta and stuff..

Just wanted to say that I didn't get to test v12 but I watched as much footage as possible and it looks great. The new map is something that I've been waiting for every since early access as its got that open and epic feel to it, perfect for combined arms. The new gun sounds are all much better imo, and are seem more consistent in terms of style. Tanks are amazing, of course, as is the amount of attention you guys are giving to the vehicles, new and old. It's also nice to have more variety in small arms, though I hope that the classes other than the SL also get to play with the scoped SKS and FAL. Anyway, really looking forwad to v12.

Edited by fatalsushi

36 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

. The new gun sounds are all much better imo, and are seem more consistent in terms of style. 

The ak's family has improved, on the M4 I do not agree. I much preferred the sharpest and most metallic sound of v11.

32 minutes ago, Tmac said:

The ak's family has improved, on the M4 I do not agree. I much preferred the sharpest and most metallic sound of v11.

Seems that opinions on the m4 are divided, on reddit as well.

From what I've seen on youtube videos, V12 got awesome M4 sound now. In V11 it sounds plastic, like you are hitting a plastic bucket with a stick.

On 10/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, Squad Fox said:

Its kinda unfair towards some of the western time zones players of this game... 

Tell me about it, I was up at 5 am to watch it. =P

The focus of this test was filling a couple servers, not a full scale playtest. We'll get there, but we need to get it ready for ya'll to playtest it first. Hang in there, you'll get a better build for it. =)

Why don't you guys just go ahead and do us a favor; dump the new weapon sounds into V11 as an update.  Please?  They're really an improvement.

I find the engine of the tanks to be too weak. As poor as trucks almost. These things are monsters in real life. They go as fast buses on the highway almost. Not completely but almost. Acceleration is what is worst I think.

There is a LOT of new stuff in v12! Everything looks great but, for me, one gameplay feat stand up: limiting gear on vehicles! Congratz to whoever came up with this! Brilliant idea! And wave spawning is very cool! Helps a ton for people staying thogether.

On the other hand, persistent ammo is really strange idea. I hope it will not stay in game. Its very confusing since there is no explanation in ui why didnt you spawn in as you would expect, with full ammo. Its not intuitive. It seems more as glitch. Heck, even in this playtest i would hear ocassional comment about why there is only couple of mags on spawn... And these are the people that probably have quite a few hours in game and made some effort to join in. Newcomer will be very confused.

Persistent ammo is too much gamey solution for existing problem. Yes, spawning can be abused and ammo should play bigger role then now. It was very cool to think more about ammunition but i feel there should be another way to acheve this. For example:

- introduce ammo cost for kits (and clearly visible on role selection) and ammo amount on rally

- limit LAT per team, not squad.

- make LAT and HAT significantly more costly to rearm

- make squad support roles only avaible on ammo crates

- limit number of mags

And so on... I hope there will be another way for ammo to be more significant.

With the rallies would like 5 sec ghost on spawn, stop the possible bonanza of kills that could happen on wave spawn.  

5 minutes ago, Smee said:

With the rallies would like 5 sec ghost on spawn, stop the possible bonanza of kills that could happen on wave spawn.  

That's just unfair for the attacker. You found a rally, you're ready to take it down and suddenly 5 people spawn all at once aiming straight at you.

You either spawn en masse and overwhelm the attackers or you all die and know the rally is no longer a viable option, that's a price for letting the enemy get too close and/or bad placement of the rally point.

Hey guys, any info on the date or time of next playtest? I missed this one just gone. Gutted. From the youtube videos i've seen, it looks like a good improvement. Keep up the great work. :D 

Just wanted to say that the Militia medic probably shouldn’t have the FAL. Because of the high recoil it’s going to be one of those hate it or love it weapons like the G3 and will probably discourage a lot of people from playing Militia medic. I suggest you give the medic two or three guns to choose from to make the class more appealing, maybe the AK74, AK74U, and FAL or something like that.

Edited by fatalsushi

I saw that the tanks can swivel the turret just as fast as the mouse can move. Will there be a limit to the turn speed?

2 hours ago, Jevski said:

I saw that the tanks can swivel the turret just as fast as the mouse can move. Will there be a limit to the turn speed?

Its not the turret that swivels first. It's the sight mounted on a moving mirror. And yes they can do a full rotation in 8 seconds. Speeds were fine.

3 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Its not the turret that swivels first. It's the sight mounted on a moving mirror. And yes they can do a full rotation in 8 seconds. Speeds were fine.

Ya know...the big round thingy on top of the chassis...the Actual turret.

Have a look at the video. That speed is way faster than 8 sec. for a full rotation, it snaps around 70 degrees in less than a sec.

Edit, look at the tank in front...

Edited by Jevski

34 minutes ago, Jevski said:

Ya know...the big round thingy on top of the chassis...the Actual turret.

Have a look at the video. That speed is way faster than 8 sec. for a full rotation, it snaps around 70 degrees in less than a sec.

Edit, look at the tank in front...

Yeah I know. I was doing tank training as gunner in actual army simulator yesterday actually. I know how it works. That being said if it is faster than 8 seconds it is probably unrealistic. Didn't watch the video but didn't really noticed anything unrealistic when I tried the tanks in game last night. Not other than sight being slightly more difficult to control than in real life.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

10 hours ago, Jevski said:

After having seen the videos I have to agree with you. It looks like the turret is made out of paper and has no weight! It's not realistic.

Although I think all vehicles in the game suffer from the same issue actually.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

The Turrets on all the vehicles need to be fixed too. They move way too fast and need weight and momentum to them! 

Edited by WarEagle751

14 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

@SpecialAgentJohnson

What about scale? The videos I've seen make the MBTs look smaller than I'd expect them to be. Never been next to any modern MBT but the MRAP seems like a giant in comparison.

MBT are like 3m tall without any crap on the roof. T72 quite a bit less. They are built on the width instead of the height to allow them to keep a low profile on the battlefield. MRAP I believe is lika a big truck not meant to be low profile. Weight wise though MBTs are much heavier.

1 hour ago, BlackDog1247 said:

MAT-V aka MRAP is ****ing massive in real life lol

@Major Trouble

They sure are
MRAP.thumb.jpg.b97314b0692be23a558097321692440d.jpg