Gatzby

Limited Alpha 12 Test Oct 10th

1 hour ago, Squad Fox said:

Its kinda unfair towards some of the western time zones players of this game... 

Well, for me it was 10pm to 7am during week days... Schedule-ling this type of Playtests are very very difficult to satisfy everyone's needs ; Being in different time zone, lots of bugs and so on... There will be more PTs in the future and hope you can join us back :)

and no i didn't get to play it either :/

3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

It's 1am here, where in the world do people get home from school now? West coast US or?

It ended at 5:00 PM for me, I get home at around 3 but add the time it took to download, then redownload for an error, 

45 minutes ago, Rudd_Nurseman said:

Congrats on getting to the beta test period :) Good luck!

Beta test on an alpha sub version release :D

It's not realistic that abrams survives 125 mm sabot dart ammunition from 45 degrees from straight from behind. In the side. The T72 gun is even bigger than the Abrams which has only 120 mm gun. It has a fair chance to survive in the front if you are lucky and it doesn't hit between the turret and the chassi. I know Americans think Abrams is unbeatable but that is generally because it seldom meets MBTs in battle, Americans have air superiority all the time, and better trained crew and much better strategy and infantry support etc, than pretty much any other nation. Tänk warfare is pretty much one shot one kill warfare still. Even if a tank survive a round, stress levels of the crew are often so high that they mess up return fire anyway.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

I dont think  its a good idea to lower the ticket value for vics , why did you do that? Its going to make players even care less about vics then v11

Edited by Elad

38 minutes ago, Elad said:

I dont think  its a good idea to lower the ticket value for vics , why did you do that? Its going to make players even care less about vics then v11

I'm a proponent of removing vehicle ticket cost all together so this is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I've seen countless matches where teams start losing and completely stop using any vehicles because of the ticket risk which is the opposite of what should happen. 

57 minutes ago, selecto said:

don't tell me palytest is finished ?!!

it trake all the night to download for nothing ! f**k !

Yeah, only lasted for a very limited time. Just fooled around in the firing range a bit.

I sure hope i can switch off beta without having to redl, tried it last night and it wanted to redownload the normal version.

Edited by oTec

3 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

It's not realistic that abrams survives 125 mm sabot dart ammunition from 45 degrees from straight from behind. In the side. The T72 gun is even bigger than the Abrams which has only 120 mm gun. It has a fair chance to survive in the front if you are lucky and it doesn't hit between the turret and the chassi. I know Americans think Abrams is unbeatable but that is generally because it seldom meets MBTs in battle, Americans have air superiority all the time, and better trained crew and much better strategy and infantry support etc, than pretty much any other nation. Tänk warfare is pretty much one shot one kill warfare still. Even if a tank survive a round, stress levels of the crew are often so high that they mess up return fire anyway.

Just for your info buddy the T72B3 that we have actually has a120mm smoothbore cannon the older T72 had 125 mm cannon.

1 hour ago, selecto said:

don't tell me palytest is finished ?!!

it trake all the night to download for nothing ! f**k !

I agree with you i was not able to play it since i work and then had to download it and make it start.

But i did try it out on the shooting range.

The new sound for the AK-s are cool SVD as well.The bayonet that the sks has is cool.

To top it all i love now that the heavy at has his scope on the his RPG.And the raider class has it at granades back again but sadly just one.

3 hours ago, Elad said:

And yeah you are right that was the whole point of hunting for that vic to kill it to kill the enemy tickets just with one well placed tandem rocket.

That made you drive and use vic carefully.And if no one uses the vic at all its not bad since thy can save tickets.

And making vhic not cost any tickets its not good at all.Then make the assests spwan once in the start of the game and thats all.  

Really great to see the HYDRA working again :) Please fix the SPG. sight bug too

Edited by Smee

2 hours ago, Stom said:

I'm a proponent of removing vehicle ticket cost all together so this is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I've seen countless matches where teams start losing and completely stop using any vehicles because of the ticket risk which is the opposite of what should happen. 

So why would you play tacticlly and carfully with vics , its alredy a shit show in v11 I almost always see  an apc role in to a cap alone like its battlefield , this is not what this game is about right ? 

Edited by Elad

40 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

And yeah you are right that was the whole point of hunting for that vic to kill it to kill the enemy tickets just with one well placed tandem rocket.

That made you drive and use vic carefully.And if no one uses the vic at all its not bad since thy can save tickets.

And making vhic not cost any tickets its not good at all.Then make the assests spwan once in the start of the game and thats all.  

I agree. If they're not willing to do that, then maybe multiply the respawn time by number of times the asset has been lost (increase the respawn time for every loss occurrence). That coupled with the ticket loss should work as a dual incentive for both teams, 1. Use assets appropriately, and 2. Increases the incentive for hunting them down and keeping them off the battlefield.

50 minutes ago, Elad said:

So why would you play tacticlly and carfully with vics , its alredy a shit show in v11 I almost always see  an apc role in to a cap alone like its battlefield , this is not what this game is about right ? 

A vehicle is an asset and if you waste it you've lost the time it takes to respawn and the opportunities that active vehicle would give you.

Vehicles are much more vulnerable with V12 because of component damage and along with the improvements to vehicle usability we should see an improvement in vehicle use. V11 already has pretty high ticket values for tickets and if they were increased that would just mean vehicles are used even less.

Given the option I personally prefer that vehicles be used badly rather than not at all.

14 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

It doesn't matter, if they can get the amount of testers they need, they don't need to do any more. I'm glad i got to try it out on the range at all today, since all servers were full. There will be more tests, maybe west coast players can play more then.

I think that when you are developing a game and have a certain fan base that you need to consider not only your needs but also the fans. Without players supporting your product you may find it harder to make your budget go around. Even if a lot of us all ready own a copy of the game, if player feel the developer isn't really appreciating you then you may stop playing and the total player base lowers and server becomes less populated. The smaller the player base may be the harder it can be to market the game to new players.
We live on earth and not everyone have the same time zones. It couldn't have harmed Offworld to at least have it available for 48h so all of its fans across the globe to had a chance to feel that their feedback in this test would matter too.
Its all about PR/fan service as well as getting feedback. 
I'm in Europe so I also got the chance to test it out, but i'm not thinking about myself here. 

Edited by Squad Fox

8 hours ago, Bahrein said:

Just for your info buddy the T72B3 that we have actually has a120mm smoothbore cannon the older T72 had 125 mm cannon.

I agree with you i was not able to play it since i work and then had to download it and make it start.

But i did try it out on the shooting range.

The new sound for the AK-s are cool SVD as well.The bayonet that the sks has is cool.

To top it all i love now that the heavy at has his scope on the his RPG.And the raider class has it at granades back again but sadly just one.

Not according to this site:

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t72b3.htm

But ultimately an Abrams won't survive another Abrams shooting it with its 120 mm cannon in the rear either so...

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

I'm fine with removing tickets for vics, but you should then just have a set amount per match and they're all at main. You lose them all, you're screwed. Maybe people would value vics then. 

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

But ultimately an Abrams won't survive another Abrams shooting it with its 120 mm cannon in the rear either so

I thought this shit ballance dead with games like operation flashpoint (T80 no chance vs M1), but we see new fans are setting damage power by country again..

12 minutes ago, FlyManRU said:

I thought this shit ballance dead with games like operation flashpoint (T80 no chance vs M1), but we see new fans are setting damage power by country again..

I don't totally understand what you are saying.

8 hours ago, LugNut said:

I'm fine with removing tickets for vics, but you should then just have a set amount per match and they're all at main. You lose them all, you're screwed. Maybe people would value vics then. 

+1 agree

11 hours ago, LugNut said:

Eh, i think people will be even more carelessly with them if they're not worth tickets. How often do you check your map as a non-vehicle squad to check if there are any armored vehicles left at main? They might all get destroyed and 70% of the team doesn't realize it, and evryone just plays infantry.

Maybe put a cap on respawns, this will also stop the ticket bleeding from losing vehicles when occupied by unskilled operators.

4 hours ago, Elad said:

+1 agree

I cant believe they lowered tickets for vics..yet didnt restrict how many spawn... the whole problem is the waste of vehicles and tickets... now people will care even less ... it required a more radical fix than reducing tickets...  this just encourages even more waste and leaving vics spread across the map.

15 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Not according to this site:

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t72b3.htm

But ultimately an Abrams won't survive another Abrams shooting it with its 120 mm cannon in the rear either so...

Even better.

But i must admit i am used to developers making USA stuff far better then other countries thats why this days in squad i use a frag rocket to kill an American its the only way and far better then using the AK :-)

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

I cant believe they lowered tickets for vics..yet didnt restrict how many spawn... the whole problem is the waste of vehicles and tickets... now people will care even less ... it required a more radical fix than reducing tickets...  this just encourages even more waste and leaving vics spread across the map.

I must admit i was shoked the other day when a squad just parked thear warrior by the side of the road and left it there.

But good thing i was not playing with them so it was easy pickings for my Tandem rocket ;-)