Gatzby

Limited Alpha 12 Test Oct 10th

Hey gang! A test is on! Heads-up that:

• It's a limited time event.
  • There will be more tests.
  • There are bugs and performance issues. Report!

NORDIC'S DECLARATION OF TESTING

Here's a Alpha 12 playtest for you all to enjoy!

Password: a12threeweeks

Go to Library > Squad > Properties > BETAS > Enter Password and click "CHECK". Select the branch and it will download. If it does not - restart steam. Servers will go live in 15 minutes from this post. PLEASE NOTE:

WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT SURE ABOUT SERVER PERFORMANCE, IF SERVERS DO NOT HOLD UP THE PLAYTEST WILL BE CANCELLED WHICH CAN BE DONE PRETTY QUICKLY AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. 

AS FOR NOW THERE IS NO FIXED END TIME OF THE PLAYTEST, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE A LONG UPTIME AT THIS TIME.

Changelog: Alpha 12 brings a ton of changes, and everything is yet to be finalized, here's a short TL;DR of what you need to know to be able to play properly:

• HABs now have an overrun mechanic. When 2 enemy soldiers are within 30 meters of your HAB the HAB is unspawnable until they are incapped or leave the 30 meter radius.
  • Rally spawns are now wave spawns and infinite waves. If there's less than 20 seconds left on the wave, you get pushed to the next one.
  • HABS have a wave respawn of 30 seconds. (THIS IS A TEMPORARY BUG WORKAROUND FIX. HABs will work as usual when fixed properly.) 
  • Persistent ammo. Soldiers will now spawn with the same ammo they had as they died. You will always spawn with a minimum of 3 mags for main rifle and 2 bandages no matter what you had when you died. Spawning at main base refreshes your load out. Resupply at an ammo crate or a friendly vehicle when you spawn in if you're low on bullets.
  • Riflemen now have ammo bags to resupply their friendlies
  • Any soldier can now revive a friendly with their bandage. When revived, soldiers will not regen stamina until healed by a medic. It takes 14 seconds for a non medic to revive, 7 seconds for a medic to revive.
  • Suppression, weapon handling vehicle damage models have been overhauled.
  • Vehicles now have a component damage system. Heavy vehicles that store large munitions can be destroyed by hitting their ammo storage. All vehicles have an engine that can be destroyed. Destroyed engines can be repaired to a slow driveable state by crewman repair kit. -Some vehicles now have turret stabilisation. Needs to be toggled on. Oh yeah, we added tanks too. ...And a lot more. This is no where near the full changelog.

TALLIL OUTSKIRTS AND CHORA HAVE HEAVY PERFORMANCE ISSUES THAT WE'RE AWARE OF, MORE MAPS MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE THEM AS WELL. THIS IS AN EARLY TEST BUILD, EXPECT TO RUN INTO BUGS AND TROUBLES AFFECTING GAMEPLAY. FINALLY CLEAR YOUR APPDATA BEFORE LAUNCHING THE GAME, IF YOU GET AN ERROR VERIFY YOUR GAME CACHE BEFORE LAUNCHING SQUAD. Bugs in #bug-reports-a12 (http://discord.gg/Squad) - DO NOT REPORT ANY BUGS FROM THE FIRING RANGE.

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

FINALLY CLEAR YOUR APPDATA BEFORE LAUNCHING THE GAME, IF YOU GET AN ERROR VERIFY YOUR GAME CACHE BEFORE LAUNCHING SQUAD. Bugs in #bug-reports-a12 (http://discord.gg/Squad) - DO NOT REPORT ANY BUGS FROM THE FIRING RANGE.

How do you clear your cache outside the game? I only know how to do it ingame.

EDIT:I got it to work!

Edited by WarEagle751

3 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

How do you clear your cache outside the game? I only know how to do it ingame.

C:/Users/YourUsername/AppData/Local/Squad(delete Squad Folder)

1 minute ago, ThatGuyZ73 said:

Not seeing any servers in the server browser

Custom Servers

Just now, Lio said:

C:/Users/YourUsername/AppData/Local/Squad(delete Squad Folder)

Custom Servers

Thanks!

We need more servers tho x) The waiting is killing me or extend the playtest *Cough Cough*

• Don't take away the feature to hold to walk. Its really useful if you know when to use it! (While many player may not perhaps use it, it could be perhaps because people didn't realize it was there or people maybe didn't apprechiate how useful it can be if you require the extra finess during stealth. The walk is really useful when you wanna still move but get more time to scan your surrounding. ADS is not the same as it forces you to look through your optics and not get the wider perspective)
  • Make the tabs: TEAM SELECTION, ROLE LOADOUT & DEPLOY remain when you are in the TEAM SELECTION (if you accidentally or intentionally click/flip through the tabs you have to move the mouse across the entire screen pretty much to move into role)
  • Make the weapon icons when viewing your squad members in the squad list smaller/toggleable/scaleable (The info it provides vs the space it takes up its disproportional) 
  • Don't use exponential scrolling sensitivity for map zoom. if any make it an option to change it in settings to linear or exponential
  • You cannot exit the spawn menu without it auto assigning spawn point in the start of the round thus preventing you from reading chat and server messages
  • Why is there 4 dots around the order marker? its just adds clutter. (The more clutter around a symbol only makes the clarity of the symbol diminished)
  • Its a lot harder to see how many of the support roles are taken. Can we get the summary back? (example 2/3)

More feedback may come.

Edited by Squad Fox

11 minutes ago, Squad Fox said:

Please

• Don't take away the feature to hold to walk. Its really useful if you know when to use it! (While many player may not perhaps use it, it could be perhaps because it never was really binded by default or because people don't appreciate how useful it can be if you require the extra finess during stealth. The walk is really useful when you wanna still move but get more time to scan your surrounding. ADS is not the same as it forces you to look through your optics and not get the wider perspective)
  • Make the tabs: TEAM SELECTION, ROLE LOADOUT & DEPLOY remain when you are in the TEAM SELECTION (if you accidentally or intentionally click/flip through the tabs you have to move the mouse across the entire screen pretty much to move into role)
  • Make the weapon icons when viewing your squad members in the squad list smaller/toggleable/scaleable (The info it provides vs the space it takes up its disproportional) 
  • Don't use exponential scrolling sensitivity for map zoom. if any make it an option to change it in settings to linear or exponential

More feedback may come.

what is hold to walk?

You could bind a key to hold down to slow your characters speed. in other words, walk. You could combine it with standing, crouching and proning. it allowed you to move slower than just holding W preventing players eye detecting you as it is easier to see a faster moving target than slower.

Check it out in the V11

Edited by Squad Fox

1 hour ago, Squad Fox said:

You could bind a key to hold down to slow your characters speed. in other words, walk. You could combine it with standing, crouching and proning. it allowed you to move slower than just holding W preventing players eye detecting you as it is easier to see a faster moving target than slower.

Check it out in the V11

Slower than walking you mean? I mean I press shift-W to run. If I only press W I walk...?

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

W+Shift = Sprint
W = Run
W + Push-to-walk (it may actually have been caps-lock by default) = Walk

Check it out in the V11 version

Doesnt work! :-(

Missing file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapp\common\Squad\Squad\Binaries\Win64\Squad.pdb

verifying files worked !!

I don't see any servers!

Just great, I cannot play Squad at all ... not v12 nor v11

Edited by Nubski

Damn it's over? I just got home from work and wanted to give it a shot..now I have to sit here and watch V11 download right after finishing that beta download...what a tease.

Edited by Bashinbagels

10 minutes ago, Brendansports said:

Why does it have to end when people get home from school.....

It's 1am here, where in the world do people get home from school now? West coast US or?

15 minutes ago, Squad Fox said:

Its kinda unfair towards some of the western time zones players of this game... 

It doesn't matter, if they can get the amount of testers they need, they don't need to do any more. I'm glad i got to try it out on the range at all today, since all servers were full. There will be more tests, maybe west coast players can play more then.