Sign in to follow this  
Nubski

Suggestion about sound levels

It would be nice to have a slider to adjust the sound of the vehicles ... when inside of them it's hard to hear teammates talking.

Also I think that the boot sounds are way to loud.

And allow a way to creep along slowly without making any sound or at least a very quiet sound.

Agreed.

Also there should be a toggle option for slow walk. Not only hold to walk, but a toggle.

31 minutes ago, Nubski said:

It would be nice to have a slider to adjust the sound of the vehicles ... when inside of them it's hard to hear teammates talking.

^ +1

5 hours ago, Nubski said:

Think about it. Having a separate slider exclusive for the internal engine sound of the vehicles would be an exploit because everyone would just zero it out so they could hear the enemy vehicles and other things like mortar locations.

That's why it must remain in the channel it currently resides in. You can however turn that particular channel down considerably and raise the level of local, squad and command so you can easily hear voice chat over the motor noise.

8 hours ago, Nubski said:

Also I think that the boot sounds are way to loud.

And allow a way to creep along slowly without making any sound or at least a very quiet sound.

If i could i would love to sit your ass in a BTR,NTLB,or T-72 while thy are moving r even idle and let you talk with the crew.

Why do you think thy have headphones.

The only need about this is a separeate crew coms button that is all.  

9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Think about it. Having a separate slider exclusive for the internal engine sound of the vehicles would be an exploit because everyone would just zero it out so they could hear the enemy vehicles and other things like mortar locations.

That's why it must remain in the channel it currently resides in. You can however turn that particular channel down considerably and raise the level of local, squad and command so you can easily hear voice chat over the motor noise.

Make all external sounds + engine sound on the same slider and a separate slider for outside of vehicles

Posted (edited)

once again...read the keyboard graphic when the game loads..it has loads of information on there... like how to do other stuff..

you know like pressing capslock to walk.. which means you make less sound..  turning vehicle sound down ..if anything simulate either earplugs so you hear muffled sound or headset where you hear muffled but comms more clearly but all outside sounds are also muted.

Edited by embecmom

I am also finding it difficult to get the volume balance right on my Plantronics 500e 7.1 headset. I have to have all my chat volumes set at 200% whilst having the effects volume set at 30% to hear chat whilst driving or being around large vehicles. Because of this weapons sound very low and unrealistic. The suggested earplugs option above sounds good or separate volume controls for various effects would be handy.