Replica

Suggestion to cancel the role of Medic

10 hours ago, Replica said:

Yes , if medic is not existed many player will give up more quickly . So my suggestion is give rifleman an option to be able to heal themselves or teammates some extra times , and every role get one change to heal themselves to normal health ( not max health as after spawn ) , as reviving is given to every role . Thus solving two problem : rifleman as assault role or beginner can carry more medic kit for regenerate , this encourages player play as Medic ( for many player grenadier / AT / telescopic is wasted ) ; a player have a change to heal oneself without Medic , release Medic for risking action ( extra medic kits can place on ground to share with teammates ) .

just turns into every other generic shooter, not a sorta military sim... 

9 hours ago, Replica said:

it's not about a role rather than the player who act as it . medic / rifleman / grenadier makes no difference to me ( except US Army , only rifleman get full automatic rifle , 3 burst is ridiculous ) , as they all have close range sight . Striking from side wings often works for sweeping a team and break off defence when long range shooters keeping pressure at front . If you keep medic behind the attack line , there are not enough man power with grenade and short range weapon to penetrate the defence . The key to win is about occupation of location / pull down fobs / destroy vehicles rather than lose of tickets from man being killed , they all need to push advance . 

the tactics for anything are based on whats in front of you at the time, Im sure a general said something along the lines of 'the best laid plans turn to shit as soon as bullets start flying'... the key to winning is having more tickets at the end than the other team... how you achieve that as a team is up to the individuals... but capturing a flag or taking down a fob may be decided upon a medic being alive to heal up the downed squad... imo that cant happen if you put them rushing in all the time, Im saying the medic is not the first line of attack.. grunts are the most powerful so should always head an attack.. 

But what you say highlights the problem with Squad, no one cares if they die and you rightly say then why have a medic.   This is why I think there is certainly to much emphasis on vehicles and fob destruction and not enough focus on not dying and losing tickets...or indeed using a medic to get people back up again.. if you start giving the tickets back to the individual squads rather than into a pool of tickets as is now, you would see the medic role become much more important and perhaps the benefit of less blueberries soloing...   If my two medics get say 20 people up this can all be ruined by a two man squad driving a vehicle into BS position... 

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

But what you say highlights the problem with Squad, no one cares if they die and you rightly say then why have a medic.   This is why I think there is certainly to much emphasis on vehicles and fob destruction and not enough focus on not dying and losing tickets...or indeed using a medic to get people back up again..

That will change when they implement BIGGER MAPS. 

PR has a better gameplay in that aspect because nobody wanted to die. Why? because you had to spawn FAAAAAAAAR away and maybe there was no chopper to take you back into action. Even driving a truck was sometimes to long. So people play it carefully or not play it at all. You cherish your life because if you get shot, and the medic cant get you, then you were out of action for a while.

So when bigger maps come, I believe (I want to believe) that SQUAD is going to become a better game. Less arcady and a bit more realistic.

13 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

That will change when they implement BIGGER MAPS. 

PR has a better gameplay in that aspect because nobody wanted to die. Why? because you had to spawn FAAAAAAAAR away and maybe there was no chopper to take you back into action. Even driving a truck was sometimes to long. So people play it carefully or not play it at all. You cherish your life because if you get shot, and the medic cant get you, then you were out of action for a while.

So when bigger maps come, I believe (I want to believe) that SQUAD is going to become a better game. Less arcady and a bit more realistic.

This is a interesting thing. Making it more punishing to die (respawn further from action) would make people play more like the game is supposed to be played. But it would also result in a lot less people playing, since they want to have fun.

12 minutes ago, Romby said:

But it would also result in a lot less people playing, since they want to have fun.

First of all! Being part of a convoy going back to the action was fun (for me)

Secondly, we go back to the main point about finding the real target audience for SQUAD. Is it BF/COD players? is it PR players? or is it ARMA players?

Is it really posible to hit a middle point? I think it is but.....anyway.

Now, would I be sad if a lot of lonewolfers rambo-like no teamwork people stopped playing the game....no, I wouldnt.

53 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

First of all! Being part of a convoy going back to the action was fun (for me)

Secondly, we go back to the main point about finding the real target audience for SQUAD. Is it BF/COD players? is it PR players? or is it ARMA players?

Is it really posible to hit a middle point? I think it is but.....anyway.

Now, would I be sad if a lot of lonewolfers rambo-like no teamwork people stopped playing the game....no, I wouldnt.

Well what if we lost lots of the people currently taking part in teamwork? You know the people who enjoy being able to spawn near their squad so they can get back in the action with their mates.

I agree that squad shouldn't try to be BF/COD. But chasing away to many players can quickly become a problem of lots of empty servers (just look at PS).

9 hours ago, Romby said:

Well what if we lost lots of the people currently taking part in teamwork? You know the people who enjoy being able to spawn near their squad so they can get back in the action with their mates.

So be it. 

But I think that won´t happen. Those people will start playing safe, and suddenly the mechanics will result in a better gameplay. In the meantime they will realice this is different from BF/COD and that´s exactly the reason Why many people will keep playing. 

9 hours ago, Romby said:

I agree that squad shouldn't try to be BF/COD. But chasing away to many players can quickly become a problem of lots of empty servers (just look at PS).

For what I´ve Heard PS didnt chase away the lonewolfing ramboing instant action kind of players. But the opposite, they chased away people who wanted teamwork. But then again, that´s only what i´ve Heard.

12 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

So be it. 

But I think that won´t happen. Those people will start playing safe, and suddenly the mechanics will result in a better gameplay. In the meantime they will realice this is different from BF/COD and that´s exactly the reason Why many people will keep playing. 

For what I´ve Heard PS didnt chase away the lonewolfing ramboing instant action kind of players. But the opposite, they chased away people who wanted teamwork. But then again, that´s only what i´ve Heard.

PS managed to chase away everyone (teamplayers and lone wolfs) :-D. PS made a lot of changes to the Squad formula and never tested them. As game was released pretty much everyone stopped playing within a month.

I agree that the current spawn system lead to a lot of problems in Squad (meatgrinder battles and no transport squads). But you never know the result of changes, so I think it is important to make small changes.

You think that the result of making Squad like PR will be that people starting to play more safe, but you can never know. You can say PR has already tested everything, but you can never be sure if Squad players will start playing like PR or leave. You also arent sure if PR players will change to Squad.

15 minutes ago, Romby said:

You think that the result of making Squad like PR will be that people starting to play more safe, but you can never know. You can say PR has already tested everything, but you can never be sure if Squad players will start playing like PR or leave. You also arent sure if PR players will change to Squad.

IF the devs have the will to keep going that way. The way of PR gameplay....then time will tell.

If Squad goes full-on PR, it'll have the playerbase of PR, not a big one. So personally i do think it needs to have a balance, leaning heavily towards PR, but making it easier to get in to and play.

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

If Squad goes full-on PR, it'll have the playerbase of PR, not a big one. 

I agree up to some extent.

The learning curve PR has is not the only reason Why it has a small player base. 

1) You have to consider Publicity and advertizing. PR never had that. 

2) It was a Mod: to this day you habe to explain that PR has nothing to do with BF (other than being originally a mod)

3) And outdated graphics.

Take those three factors away. And you are talking about a whole other game. 

1 hour ago, Nightingale87 said:

Take those three factors away. And you are talking about a whole other game. 

Well that and the shit gun mechanics. Played PR for like 6 years before Squad came out, recently tried it again, couldn't get back into it.

After playing V12 for a good few hours,  The expectation was that the medic would get everyone up and it panned out that only in clutch situations other players would get the medic up or the SL. 

Disappointingly for me, players are able to move and shoot, it is their stamina that is low, this does not seem to affect their aim.  Also when you are shot and heal yourself stamina will go to 0.  Think thats already the case but its better implemented now.

The ability for any player to get the SL and medic back up is actually really nice but still this is detrimental to the medic role as it is just a stamina regenerating role now.   You could run a whole squad without a medic now (I know you could before but you would have to give up when shot).. now you can continue on until dead or find a medic in another squad (I guess some would say this is a good thing as tickets wont be used up so quickly).

One of the pleasing additions is the ammo bag which has bandages in it... Id prefer to have seen the medic carry their own medic supply bag and the rifleman the ammo... it just seems a rifleman is ultra powerful now as he has ammo and medic supplies.

Edited by embecmom

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:12 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

Well that and the shit gun mechanics. Played PR for like 6 years before Squad came out, recently tried it again, couldn't get back into it.

I wasnt talking about it being good or bad. I was talking about the factors that cause a small player base, even years ago.

Squad is advertized.

Squad has updated graphics.

Squad is not a mod.

It is bound to have a bigger base even if it´s a worse game.

20 minutes ago, embecmom said:

After playing V12 for a good few hours,  The expectation was that the medic would get everyone up and it panned out that only in clutch situations other players would get the medic up or the SL. 

Disappointingly for me, players are able to move and shoot, it is their stamina that is low, this does not seem to affect their aim.  Also when you are shot and heal yourself stamina will go to 0.  Think thats already the case but its better implemented now.

The ability for any player to get the SL and medic back up is actually really nice but still this is detrimental to the medic role as it is just a stamina regenerating role now.   You could run a whole squad without a medic now (I know you could before but you would have to give up when shot).. now you can continue on until dead or find a medic in another squad.

One of the pleasing additions is the ammo bag which has bandages in it... Id prefer to have seen the medic carry their own medic supply bag and the rifleman the ammo... it just seems a rifleman is ultra powerful now as he has ammo and medic supplies.

They said that being revived by a medic would be much worse than that. Just 0 stamina isnt enough. They said a blurry screen an light suppression efect. 

Maybe in the future.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:56 AM, Replica said:

As in A12 revive is enabled to all roles , why not make medic kit expendable and available to all roles , and could resupply from ammo bags , so a squad could have 2 more rifleman which means 2 more ammo bag .

In current gameplay rifleman is somehow useless , any none special role player will be asked to play as medic but not rifleman by squad leader . since persistent ammo is introduced in A12 so rifleman is needed to provide additional ammo in squad but medic is needed too to heal player to full health . so why not remove medic since it's just a rifleman carrying medic kit , and make medic kit hold by every squad member themselves . 

Furthermore , make rifleman switching for provide medic kit bag / ammo bag / additional RPG, Grenade when spawning , so that it will make rifleman an import role as assistant gunner and ammunition carrier .

I'm incredibly lost here.  However I think I picked something out in all of that.  Rifleman could have more variations on their kit.  It would make the role a little bit more fun to play.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:52 AM, Romby said:

This is a interesting thing. Making it more punishing to die (respawn further from action) would make people play more like the game is supposed to be played. But it would also result in a lot less people playing, since they want to have fun.

To be fair I think the last thing fringe players (what could be a large majority of casual players) wouldn't enjoy being dead more.  I'm assuming they are dead quite often.

1 hour ago, Kodagobang said:

To be fair I think the last thing fringe players (what could be a large majority of casual players) wouldn't enjoy being dead more.  I'm assuming they are dead quite often.

I think the dead timer has increased in v12 plus when giving up you would still have to wait a period for a rally in anycase for the spawn wave, it also tells you how near a teammate is (but generally makes no difference as a lot of them will not help revive atm) so overall you just dont want to giveup as much now!.

Edited by embecmom