Replica

Suggestion to cancel the role of Medic

As in A12 revive is enabled to all roles , why not make medic kit expendable and available to all roles , and could resupply from ammo bags , so a squad could have 2 more rifleman which means 2 more ammo bag .

In current gameplay rifleman is somehow useless , any none special role player will be asked to play as medic but not rifleman by squad leader . since persistent ammo is introduced in A12 so rifleman is needed to provide additional ammo in squad but medic is needed too to heal player to full health . so why not remove medic since it's just a rifleman carrying medic kit , and make medic kit hold by every squad member themselves . 

Furthermore , make rifleman switching for provide medic kit bag / ammo bag / additional RPG, Grenade when spawning , so that it will make rifleman an import role as assistant gunner and ammunition carrier .

31 minutes ago, Replica said:

so why not remove medic since it's just a rifleman carrying medic kit , and make medic kit hold by every squad member themselves .

This doesn't make sense. A squad or group of soldiers in real life generally have a dedicated medical person attached to them. That's the way it's been for centuries. It's also how games have done it for years. Not just FPS. So trying to break that logic we're all used to and can understand almost instantly is not going to do the game any good. 

A12, in context of the medical changes, aims to improve the overall longevity of the squad in firefights so that they may last longer. Giving all squad members the ability to revive is not taking much away from the medic role as the medic will still be pivotal in bringing resuscitated team mates back to full 100% health. I believe there's also the stamina variable in there. 

So that's a -1 from me. 

4 hours ago, Replica said:

As in A12 revive is enabled to all roles , why not make medic kit expendable and available to all roles , ...

Only the revive is enabled to all roles. Not the healing! Only a medic will be able to get u up in shape to be combat effective, isnt that right?

So medics are still a great deal. 

5 hours ago, wingman9 said:

You're right 1-post guy, consider it gone.

The amount of posts of the OP in a specific forum does not indicate competence/quality of his suggestion or post, let's not bring it down to that level, please.

However, I disagree this is the way to roll in the future, the variety of roles and duties of varying classes is what makes this game what it is. For me, playing PR for over 10 years, I wouldn't want to live without the medic role.

Personally, I think the ability of the medic to revive only is what really makes it a pivotal and interesting class. It ensures that revives need to be considered tactically in terms of reward/risk, and ensures that the class is completely indispensable whilst also needing to be be supported whilst supporting the squad. I would have preferred a system something like that outlined beneath, as I find the idea of normal soldiers doing revives from conditions that are evidently very serious to be a negative one. I understand some of the frustrations from the current medic class position - though not all. I don't find it a terrible role at all, and if played properly and in a sensible way, it seems a genuinely vital role for any squad. I do wonder, though, if it wouldn't be better to examine the class or medic-meta  again from the ground up in some way. I know there are only so many iterations that can be made, in the end, and the game has to remain essentially fun and with enough realism - but I'm not sure the current direction of travel supports this.

Perhaps there could be a new wounding system entirely, something like:

• Minor wounds: affect ability to run or aim stability, but can be self-bandaged - essentially like grazed bullet wounds or shrapnel etc. - and does not lead to continual blood loss.
  • Disabling wounds: not critical unless blood loss is allowed to continue for a period of time, and your squadmates basic medical training could be enough to get you moving or vaguely combat-ready again. For example:
    • Leg wounds reduce tyou to a crawl or standstill until bandaged up by someone else
    • Arm wounds hugely affect ability to hold or fire weapon but are otherwise basically mobile until bandaged up by someone else
  • Critical wounds: More like now , perhaps caused by trunk and head shots - anyone can bandage you to stop an otherwise-fatal bleedout, but require a full medic to stabilise you and heal before returning to full movements, and this would take, say, twice as long as the other wound types to sort - again ensuring that soldiers are cautious not to expose themselves to huge danger without cause but also that there is a strategic element to thinking the medic / squad lead must do.
  • Perhaps a med unit could be a deployable as well - as part of a FOB, requiring consideration regarding build points etc, but incredibly useful at instantly healing people, for example, or fixing those up speeedily who can't be given full aid in the field - a requirement for thosem maybe, who fell into the critical wounds camp.

Seems to me this would be a 'more realistic' solution; one that reflected the training of the normal soldier but also added some depth and consideration for the medic in terms of priorities and so on. I'm sure this would be possible. Different icons could indicate wound severity, possibly, although it might simply be easier to temporarily mute the critically wounded so that it would be clear who was in a bad way and who was 'walking wounded'

I dont think that the changes will be as heavy as a lot of people fear. Medic will still be the most important class after the SL. At least not if they dont change the amount of bandages non-medics carry, 

Posted (edited)

still I dont like the Idea that every one can revive in v12 it takes a lot of the realsim and tactics that squads  use

And -1 for the post Idea  

Edited by Elad

1 hour ago, Elad said:

still I dont like the Idea that every one can revive in v12 it takes a lot of the realsim and tactics that squads  use

And -1 for the post Idea  

Why does it take away from the realism? Pretty sure common infrantrymen know irl how to put pressure on an open wound to prevent a hit soldier from bleeding out and dying untill the medic arrives. This is basically what will happen in V12, keeping the wounded soldier from dying, but not healing him.

2 hours ago, Elad said:

And -1 for the post Idea  

Realisam you mean when a guy is shoot 3times or in the head and medic gets buy and fix him good as new ;-) 

3 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Why does it take away from the realism? Pretty sure common infrantrymen know irl how to put pressure on an open wound to prevent a hit soldier from bleeding out and dying untill the medic arrives. This is basically what will happen in V12, keeping the wounded soldier from dying, but not healing him.

Yep, all soldiers learn basic first aid in training, and a large portion go through an Intermediate course, which teaches the basics of advanced life support training, that combat medics are taught(Combat medics learn the whole ALS stuff obviously). You learn how to deal with a variety of different trauma's, as well as learn some important pre-hospital treatment.

Sometimes there's multiple casualties, or the wounded is in a place a medic can't get to. This training allows the wounded to get the fastest response time, for medical treatment. 

ohoh medic discussion...my favourite topic..unless it gets deleted... dig dig... 

I am not in favour of removing the medic role, whilst Im still not in favour of the V12 fix either, (well Im not sure anyone understands how its going to play out) but I do see the merit of another soldier patching up another and the medic healing them back to combat effectiveness as it is now..  

Rarely do others heal/patch other downed players, they leave it to the medic 90% of the time,  if you remove the medic role people will give up more quickly or without dedicated person who is concentrating on reviving no one will take that responsibility.. K/D ratio is the target not revives for most grunt players.

What should be allowed is the sharing of bandages, so the medic if out of bandages can get others from other players rather than having to call over a player to say heal this one, he can then continue to heal in the field and let the grunts concentrate on shooting stuff.

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

What should be allowed is the sharing of bandages, so the medic if out of bandages can get others from other players rather than having to call over a player to say heal this one, he can then continue to heal in the field and let the grunts concentrate on shooting stuff.

Hopefully the dropped ammo bag can do this.

27 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I hope that the ammo drop will not give players bandages, maybe the medic but not non-medics. Otherwise medics can actually become obsolete since he will not be the main source of bandages/revives anymore.

So I am fine with everybody being able to use one bandage to revive somebody, considering that they only have two bandages at a time and will often use those bandages to keep themselves alive. The ammo bag refilling bandages for non-medics sounds like a terrible idea. 

43 minutes ago, MeFirst said:

I hope that the ammo drop will not give players bandages, maybe the medic but not non-medics. Otherwise medics can actually become obsolete since he will not be the main source of bandages/revives anymore.

So I am fine with everybody being able to use one bandage to revive somebody, considering that they only have two bandages at a time and will often use those bandages to keep themselves alive. The ammo bag refilling bandages for non-medics sounds like a terrible idea. 

Well don't forget that only the basic rifleman will have ammo bags, tho correct me if i'm wrong. You wouldn't drop that ammo bag just for bandages, you'd only want to drop it when people are getting low on ammo, or the medic low on bandages, and this refill is very limited to say the least if your squad manages to survive for long periods of time.

There is just no way to remove such an important role from the game. It would serve no purpose. It's more realistic for anyone to be able to administer first aid and then have to receive more serious attention from a medic. I play medic 90% of the time and am interested to see how many people will risk death to revive a teammate. Especially a medic in your squad that has gone down which will be even more important now because no one wants to play with little to no stamina.

4 hours ago, Bashinbagels said:

There is just no way to remove such an important role from the game. It would serve no purpose. It's more realistic for anyone to be able to administer first aid and then have to receive more serious attention from a medic. I play medic 90% of the time and am interested to see how many people will risk death to revive a teammate. Especially a medic in your squad that has gone down which will be even more important now because no one wants to play with little to no stamina.

Agreed. The individual purpose of the Medic needs to be even further developed and enhanced not removed from the game. ET:QW did the class perfectly by giving the Medic the ability to revive, heal and also throw down a green smoke grenade which air dropped in a supply crate which had ammo and bandages:

http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/Medic_(QW)

8 hours ago, Bashinbagels said:

I 100% agree. I dont get why people refuse to understand that the medic will still be important after patch! I can imagine people would perfer not to be revived from a non-medic if there are no medics around, since after revive they will have no stamina and almost dark screen.

Also I am not sure how often we will se non-medic classes revive people. They don't get extra bandages in V12, so using one to help a teammate could leave you without way to bandage after a firefight.

After everything I have read about V12 I will still enforce a 2 medic rule!

I really think this was added to turn medics more into riflemen (which they are). This will allow them to be more aggresive in fights, since if they go down someelse can get them up. But they will still be important for getting the squad back to 100% after the fight is over!

18 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

its an ammo bag not a medic drop so I hope it doesnt.  The medic needs help to become more important to a squad and team so the whole idea of being able to get bandages from an ammo bag does that even less justice... perhaps the medic can pick up a medic supply kit from a fob supply vs carrying say a grenade or something, he loses something for gaining a bigger kit ?...

still believe the medic has to be made more important to the squad not less...

2 hours ago, Romby said:

I really think this was added to turn medics more into riflemen (which they are). This will allow them to be more aggresive in fights, since if they go down someelse can get them up. But they will still be important for getting the squad back to 100% after the fight is over!

a medic should never be aggressive in fights this is the reason I hate v12 idea, it should be a matter of necessity to become aggressive but the medic role has a simple purpose that imo should not be confused with a riflemans role...   if someone else can get them up other than another medic then to me it just reduces the importance of the medic so something has to be done with the medic role to make it much more important... 

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

a medic should never be aggressive in fights this is the reason I hate v12 idea, it should be a matter of necessity to become aggressive but the medic role has a simple purpose that imo should not be confused with a riflemans role...   if someone else can get them up other than another medic then to me it just reduces the importance of the medic so something has to be done with the medic role to make it much more important... 

A medic is a rifleman first and medic second. Even in V11 and earlier medics should be much more aggressive, than what is often described here. So many people have this idea that pretty much the whole squad should stay back.

Medics stay back because what is described above

SL should stay back because of rallies

Riflemen scopes & marksmen should stay back because of scope

MGs should stay back because of bipod

AT should stay back because vehicles might show up in future

GL should stay back to hit enemy with grenades

Most Squads pretty much only have 1-2 riflemen and these need to do the push. Dont know what people do in future when riflemen get ammo bags.

2 hours ago, Romby said:

A medic is a rifleman first and medic second. Even in V11 and earlier medics should be much more aggressive, than what is often described here. So many people have this idea that pretty much the whole squad should stay back.

Medics stay back because what is described above

SL should stay back because of rallies

Riflemen scopes & marksmen should stay back because of scope

MGs should stay back because of bipod

AT should stay back because vehicles might show up in future

GL should stay back to hit enemy with grenades

Most Squads pretty much only have 1-2 riflemen and these need to do the push. Dont know what people do in future when riflemen get ammo bags.

Squad is not real life and not a milsim game like ArmA. Squad is much more "game'y" and more competitive. So I dont understand why people bring up arguments related to it.

I agree that a medic can also prevent deaths by playing less defensively and engage in combat. On the other hand you will perform much better as a medic in Squad when you stay back most of the time and you know when you should not stay back. In the current "rules of the game" you are the second most important class in your squad after the squad leader and I think in a lot of situations are are the most important class so far. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MeFirst said:

Squad is not real life and not a milsim game like ArmA. Squad is much more "game'y" and more competitive. So I dont understand why people bring up arguments related to it.

I agree that a medic can also prevent deaths by playing less defensively and engage in combat. On the other hand you will perform much better as a medic in Squad when you stay back most of the time and you know when you should not stay back. In the current "rules of the game" you are the second most important class in your squad after the squad leader and I think in a lot of situations are are the most important class so far. 

I am coming from a gameplay perspective as well. Way to often a squad pushing into a objective end up being only three guys, because everyone else is staying back. These 3 guys will often have no chance against the defenders and die. So now the medics have to push inside to try and get downed outnumbered first wave attackers back up. Why not push everyone from the start and try to win the fight and when it is won then revive downed guys?

Edited by Romby

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Romby said:

I am coming from a gameplay perspective as well. Way to often a squad pushing into a objective end up being only three guys, because everyone else is staying back. These 3 guys will often have no chance against the defenders and die. So now the medics have to push inside to try and get downed outnumbered first wave attackers back up. Why not push everyone from the start and try to win the fight and when it is won then revive downed guys?

there is no point having a medic that pushes the front line... when I sl medics are not in the front line of attack... and you cant revive anyone if they are dead.also this is just a TDM you are not relyig on medics you are just using up tickets... and hoping the medics make it.

Edited by embecmom