Gatzby

September 2018 Recap

Can we please get variable Squad capacity, just an arrow on the side of the create Squad button that allows us to change the Squad size from 1-20 or 25, then vehicle  and Mortar Squads don't have to lock their Squads and people who want to take on more leadership can make their Squads larger.

I dont really understand the point of a feature like this to be honest, like whats the difference between making a squad for 3 and having 6 empty slots and locking it to making a squad only for 3 members?

If you had this feature would you be able to up the number of available spaces within the squad whenever or are stuck with whatever youve set it to when you created it.

26 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

I dont really understand the point of a feature like this to be honest, like whats the difference between making a squad for 3 and having 6 empty slots and locking it to making a squad only for 3 members?

I took it to be trying to solve the issue where a squad leader wants only 4 people in their squad, but since we don't get the "player X joined/left your squad " notification, it can be annoying to constantly monitor the size of your squad and lock and unlock to keep the target number of players. If a sl could set a fixed size and not have to lock the squad when they got to that size, it would be easier for the sl. 

It also opens up the chance for larger armor / infantry squads now that we have fire teams coming. I reckon I could handle up to 11-13 players under me if I could delegate with fire teams effectively 

I'm not sure about the larger squads, more than 10-12 people per squad is an overkill IMHO and it would simply increase the number of lonewolves since the SL would have a hard time checking if everyone's doing what they should be doing at any given time. Some pubbies literally look for opportunities to run away as soon as the SL looks the other way. 

I can however get behind being able to decrease the amount of people in squad without locking it. SL sets the amount of people he wants and doesn't need to worry about it for the rest of the round as opposed to constantly opening and closing the squad because people leave. It also might give the unassigned players a general idea of what to expect from each squad. As an example it stands to reason you won't be seeing too many frontal assaults if you join a 4-man squad, but you can expect to be doing specialized tasks. If you're looking for a squad with a friend, you probably won't try to join a squad with only one slot open. Also, since everybody + their grandmothers love their kits so very much - a 4-man squad might deter the wannabe marksmen (grenadiers, HMGs) from joining completely.

It's not a must-have feature by any means but it's got some merits.

20 hours ago, Psyrus said:

but since we don't get the "player X joined/left your squad " notification

Added for A12

29 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

Added for A12

Thanks for the heads up. I honestly haven't been this excited for a game / version  release since pr 0.85 when the deviation was brought back to playable levels after the 0.8 "experience" :P

On 02.10.2018 at 7:53 PM, Gatzby said:

Added Persistent Ammo system

what does it mean?

upd. found answer in the other topic

16 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Persistent ammo. Soldiers will now spawn with the same ammo they had as they died. You will always spawn with a minimum of 3 mags for main rifle and 2 bandages no matter what you had when you died. Spawning at main base refreshes your load out. Resupply at an ammo crate or a friendly vehicle when you spawn in if you're low on bullets.

Edited by FlyManRU

V12 whas eehhhhh but the two magazines need to go, just keep it with the old.

Edited by LightFu

On 10/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, Gatzby said:

We're implementing a solution called "World Origin Rebasing". It essentially repositions the origin of the world for each player dynamically, to reduce the distance between the origin and the player, fixing the jitter that you experience in things like magnified optics, player animations, and nametags.

A nice to have later down the line would be Names on back of uniform/vest, similar to Ground Branch. For those that play with HUD disabled, far better than the infinite floating florescent name tags. Knowing there could be some limitations on character length/scaling. 

On 10/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, fuzzhead said:

You can show or hide the FOB radius << awesome!!!
Ammo rearm cost is calculated on an item to item basis: IE if you only expended one mag, the ammo cost to rearm will only be 2 ammo points

HAB spawns will be disabled when 2+ enemy within a set distance to the HAB

To clarify: Does "disabled" mean the Spawn has been turned OFF (losing/dumping the current Spawn Queue)? or does it "pause" spawning (keeping the current Spawn Queue intact) - i ask because i don 't know all the exposed control options for the Spawn Point, ie: enable/disable, active/inactive, pause/un-pause; that sort of thing.

thanks heaps @fuzzhead  :)

6 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

turned OFF (losing/dumping the current Spawn Queue)?

Yes turned OFF
IE: you cant spawn there when the enemies are close by

On 10/15/2018 at 6:55 AM, LaughingJack said:

To clarify: Does "disabled" mean the Spawn has been turned OFF (losing/dumping the current Spawn Queue)? or does it "pause" spawning (keeping the current Spawn Queue intact)

I think there's a lot of confusion regarding the two types of spawn points now. 

• Rally points have a "wave" or "queue" system, whereby once every 120 (is it 60???) seconds, whoever is waiting to spawn and has selected the rally point will spawn in.
  • Rally points disappear completely when overrun. 

----

• HABs continue using the current spawning mechanism where it has a fundamental, base spawn time (45 seconds? 30 seconds? I forget) that is added to whatever penalties the player currently is experiencing. 
  • HABs can now be overrun which will disable the spawning completely for an amount of time (or just when enemies are close?), however this has no effect on individual players' spawn time.
    • So if the player has a "death penalty" of 10 seconds, and has been dead (gave up) for 50 seconds, as soon as the HAB becomes spawnable the player will have a 5 second spawn time on the HAB.
    • HAB (45 sec) + Penalty (10 sec) - Waited time (50 sec) = 5 seconds

Edit: I didn't design/implement the system, so my understanding may well be off as well... but I'm pretty confident given what I've read so far in the monthly updates and forum posts by devs. 

Edited by Psyrus

thanks fuzzhead.

17 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

Yes turned OFF
IE: you cant spawn there when the enemies are close by

then can i assume that if the enemies leave the area then you can resume spawning? would players be dumped from the spawn and have to re-select it, to spawn at?

16 hours ago, Psyrus said:

• Rally points have a "wave" or "queue" system, whereby once every 120 seconds, whoever is waiting to spawn and has selected the rally point will spawn in.
  • Rally points disappear completely when overrun. 

----

• HABs continue using the current spawning mechanism where it has a fundamental, base spawn time (45 seconds? 30 seconds? I forget) that is added to whatever penalties the player currently is experiencing. 
  • HABs can now be overrun which will disable the spawning completely for an amount of time (or just when enemies are close?), however this has no effect on individual players' spawn time.
    • So if the player has a "death penalty" of 10 seconds, and has been dead (gave up) for 50 seconds, as soon as the HAB becomes spawnable the player will have a 5 second spawn time on the HAB.
    • HAB (45 sec) + Penalty (10 sec) - Waited time (50 sec) = 5 seconds

thanks mate. what i'm aiming towards is a spawn point that only spawns a player every 10 seconds and will stop(pause) spawning while an enemy is close by and then resume spawning when they are not close by, and not loose the queue of players that were waiting to spawn.

cheers guys!

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

thanks mate. what i'm aiming towards is a spawn point that only spawns a player every 10 seconds and will stop(pause) spawning while an enemy is close by and then resume spawning when they are not close by, and not loose the queue of players that were waiting to spawn.

So just to clarify, you will actually queue up the players and your spawn point will spawn in one of them at a time, one every 10 seconds. If an enemy overruns the spawn, the 10 second countdown on the spawn queue will pause and once the spawn becomes active, people in the queue will begin spawning one at a time again (based on the time it was paused from, not from 10 seconds)?

3 hours ago, Psyrus said:

So just to clarify, you will actually queue up the players and your spawn point will spawn in one of them at a time, one every 10 seconds. If an enemy overruns the spawn, the 10 second countdown on the spawn queue will pause and once the spawn becomes active, people in the queue will begin spawning one at a time again (based on the time it was paused from, not from 10 seconds)?

yep, pretty much.

8 hours ago, Good-Try Greg said:
Do you have to wait 60 seconds every time you place rally for the first wave to come in?

I'd think so, since the timer starts from the moment you place the rally.

4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

I'd think so, since the timer starts from the moment you place the rally.

I think that's the case, although if the rallys intent is to truely rally up, it should be immediately active and then the timer starts. Otherwise, you'd all have to sit and wait to get everyone together. 

I think having the immediate wave disabled would be great for the start of the round though, because that would reduce the incentive to send a small vic with the SL and a few guys racing out to the first cap, drop a rally and everyone spawns in. I'd rather people choose to all drive in. More realistic, more risky, more fun. 

Edited by LugNut