Gatzby

September 2018 Recap

9 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Not for this iteration, but that might be something that happens in the future.

I hope whatever we get isn't too far behind the FireTeam implementation.

Something I floated, not sure if it's feasible:

I was thinking along the lines of the (direct SL- channels), via the NumPad. The only key not being used is the "0", that could default to your assigned Teamleader(s). For FTL, hitting "0" on NumPad would communicate to the SL, and visa-versa.

This would allow each FTL to retain Squad channel for subordinates, as the system should see them as SL/FTL for that smaller unit. So if the SL hits the normal Squad channel, only his assigned unit subordinates will hear him, not the others in the FireTeams. If the SL wants to channel his FTL(s), he hits "0" on the NumPad. FTL using the squad channel will be for his direct subordinates. If the FTL wants to channel the SL, he hits the "0" on the NumPad.

On 02/10/2018 at 11:30 PM, <invalid> said:

Has anyone thought about adding squad markers, so soldiers in your squad can place 2 maximum markers that are only shown on the map for the squad?

Fireteam leaders will be able to place their own markers, which only that fireteam can see. the squad leader can see all of his own squads fire team markers.
Also potential for a "map ping" that a squad mate can use, which will ping that spot on the map for a few seconds, so the SL can see it

13 hours ago, SeeN said:

Looks really great. But I have to ask my usual question. Will we finally see then end of people teleporting upwards when being patched up?

No guarantees but some fixes were put in place to hopefully make this occur much less frequently. It is a nagging bug that has not been easy to eradicate.

If the voip system does get a rework/tweaking, I hope some time/love/sweat/tears can be put into reducing the latency/delay. It's quite significant at times (not sure if the voip system is hosted on the same server as the game server, and thus as more players join and server resources get stretched out, if that affects the voip delay as well...?) and while I haven't been able to do a one to one test, it anecdotally feels like PR's mumble had around half the delay of what is experienced in Squad. 

Is this just my imagination or has anyone else noticed the same?

6 hours ago, Psyrus said:

[...] it anecdotally feels like PR's mumble had around half the delay of what is experienced in Squad. 

Is this just my imagination or has anyone else noticed the same?

It's not your imagination.

Funny but voip latency doesn't really bother me. I suppose I just let it become part of the immersion to a degree; field comms are not always as reliable as one would like!  :)  Don't feel it has much impact to be honest.

Is jitter really that big an issue? I never noticed it much actually. Aren't there more important stuff to work on. Like choppers for example? Also why is it so extremely important with 100 players servers which seems to be motivation for the jitter combat? I think what we have now is already quite cool...

14 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Is jitter really that big an issue? I never noticed it much actually. Aren't there more important stuff to work on. Like choppers for example? Also why is it so extremely important with 100 players servers which seems to be motivation for the jitter combat? I think what we have now is already quite cool...

The further you are from the map origin, the worse it gets and can cause a negative impact on gunplay for the player far from the map origin. On large maps like Gorodok, Yehorivka and Kohat, it's very noticeable at certain cap points or certain parts of the map. 

It's a priority as OWI want to expand maps past 4x4km, to house new vehicle additions and in the future, helicopters. It's quite noticeable on the largest maps now, and if OWI want to expand maps to 5x5km, 6x6km etc It'll be even more noticeable and negatively impact gunplay even more(not for just infantry, but vehicles too).

7 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

It's not an issue at the moment because we have smaller maps. The reason it's being prioritised is so that larger maps can be created, to quote the recap 'This problem was something that was preventing us from achieving larger map sizes.

Helicopters aren't very useful if the maps are small.

On 10/4/2018 at 12:35 AM, fuzzhead said:

Also potential for a "map ping" that a squad mate can use, which will ping that spot on the map for a few seconds, so the SL can see it

YES!

On 10/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, fuzzhead said:

Can this be local? For example, its only visible to squad members within 50m of ping maker? That way, you would still have to use comms to report enemy if member is away (and make mistakes which do occur in that process). It would promote squad to stick more thogeter and not to be one man recon squads.

Did i miss something, maybe its alredy done?

Wow! Amazing update Devs!! 

Thank you for all your hard work! Your break is well deserved!!

I love the new map design. Looks like art, or real life pictures. Im really digging the uneven earth on Talil (earth mounds in the streets/munition crater sites) they look "fought in".

With the increased implementation of heavy vehicles with good optics (and maybe thermals down the road?) have you thought of adding, or are there many counter measures to long range optics?

I saw a video where militants asked the kids in a city to burn piles of tires all over the city. When asked why, they said Idk they told us it blinds the enemy.

Makes sense putting rubber particles up in the air. but Im not sure if thats mostly anti drone.

Do those "smoke generators" on vehicles have a cool down? or do they just have an on switch? Either way, they sound awesome!

Thank you again Devs! I look forward to all the updates!! 

Reminder to players: We're playing an early access y'all, calm down and enjoy the game. At its current state its way better than most AAA titles. They are still adding to it. (and not some lootcrate dlc BS)

7 hours ago, Hashashin said:

those "smoke generators" on vehicles have a cool down

They have an ammo count and will require to rearming like all the other vehicle weapons

15 hours ago, Disco said:

Can this be local? For example, its only visible to squad members within 50m of ping maker?

Fireteams members have this ability.. We can evaluate if it will be too much but with the ability to have Fireteams, the FTL can place their marker on the map now so it will be possible usong FTL marker regardless of having the  ping local or not

On 03/10/2018 at 2:53 AM, Gatzby said:

"Show FOB Radius" map filter will show all FOBs build radius and exclusion zone radius

So we can draw/show radii (circles) on the map now?

physmat dependent rolling resistance for vehicles.

very cool +1

Vehicle Manual Override for Gearbox

+1

Added Granular Rearming system for Infantry

Granular?

HAB Spawn Over-run

Is this Enable/Disable or Pause/UnPause?

update looks so awesome :)

Will thatbe physmat thing evolve into changeable surfaces like in spintires/warthunder eventually?

On 06/10/2018 at 5:58 PM, Guan_Yu007 said:

Yeah i do wonder what the upgraded Warrior is like. Any explanations?

Warrior gets more beefy side and frontal armor protection

6 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

So we can draw/show radii (circles) on the map now?

very cool +1

+1

Granular?

Is this Enable/Disable or Pause/UnPause?

update looks so awesome :)

You can show or hide the FOB radius
Ammo rearm cost is calculated on an item to item basis: IE if you only expended one mag, the ammo cost to rearm will only be 2 ammo points

HAB spawns will be disabled when 2+ enemy within a set distance to the HAB

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, fuzzhead said:

HAB spawns will be disabled when 2+ enemy within a set distance to the HAB

That was good question. But what happend with time than ? 
We have lets say 60 seconds cooldown for next wave spawn. Lets say when 10s remain enemy disable HAB. But frendlies clear area. Will be timer resetand count down again from 60? Or continue with those 10s. Or Even when HAB was disabled time will continue and immediately after HAB was  Enabled it show remain time (lets say clear area took friendlis 30s, so time is -20 (0) and new wave can immediately spawn). Or it will be 40s remain as new cooldown was started.  

Edited by elerik

1 hour ago, elerik said:

That was good question. But what happend with time than ? 
We have lets say 60 seconds cooldown for next wave spawn. Lets say when 10s remain enemy disable HAB. But frendlies clear area. Will be timer resetand count down again from 60? Or continue with those 10s. Or Even when HAB was disabled time will continue and immediately after HAB was  Enabled it show remain time (lets say clear area took friendlis 30s, so time is -20 (0) and new wave can immediately spawn). Or it will be 40s remain as new cooldown was started.  

Only rally  points use the wave spawn system as far as I understand it 

Can we please get variable Squad capacity, just an arrow on the side of the create Squad button that allows us to change the Squad size from 1-20 or 25, then vehicle  and Mortar Squads don't have to lock their Squads and people who want to take on more leadership can make their Squads larger.