Gatzby

September 2018 Recap

I saw weather types and moving trees!! Good work on the new map Talil, now hoping for that for the other older maps *cough cough* Moving grass and trees *cough cough* rain and light fog *cough cough*

Posted (edited)

Well I am sure that my great grand children will be disappointed with having to wait until they are in their 30's but will ultimately be pleased at seeing the update finally released. 

This really is taking forever. I would of been happier if I never saw any of the promised new content in the first place ( as a frequent armor operator I have been most anguished by the holding back of access to t-72, and m1 ) (i ought to just give into the massive price of steel beasts pro and get the armor fix i need from there)    and then instead just be pleasently surprised one day when it is unexpectadly released. 

Edited by Kamerad Bryce

1 hour ago, Kamerad Bryce said:

This really is taking forever.

Oh please, it's been 4 months since the last release (11.2?) and 5 months since v11 dropped. I guess in the "now now now" times that we are subjected to each day, half a year is redefined as "forever". 

Posted (edited)

Wait, there will be m1a2 abrams in v12!!?? I love the FAL, but I miss the AK74U as you can only get this gun being crewman :( would be nice if you could choose between an sks or ak74u as insurgent/militia LAT/HAT.

Sooo I'm guessing 3 weeks until v12 release ;)

p.s It was nice to see the photo of all the devs having a break. When you got a good crew, shit just rolls smooth.

Edited by <invalid>
props

Has anyone thought about adding squad markers, so soldiers in your squad can place 2 maximum markers that are only shown on the map for the squad?

People whispers that the release is in 3 weeks. 

Everything nice. Unfortunately, but I think all this beauty (last 4 recaps), we'll see around the end of the year.
For the first time Merlin has no longer guaranteed 1.0 by the end of the year (impossible now). After v12, the v13 will be missing with helo and 50v50 (and Territory Control Mode ??).

I'm afraid we'll have to wait several weeks for v12 :(

12 hours ago, Sgt. ZÉ said:

Nice. But lets talk about the elephant in the room:

How much faster is the game running?

is fine for me.

This is putting me off playing v11. :)  ermmm 3 weeks 

Hey nice work but i have 1 question (sorry for my bad grammar, english isnt my first language)

What about the french army in the game ? do you will add this army ?

I know a team of modders are doing a mod , that's cool but a mod is a mod , if the french army mod is releasing , the french community player will be separated.

The French army is a great army shouldnt just have a mod and deserve to be in the real game.

And I know that the game developers want a lot of army like in PR.

So i wonder if the French army will be in the game , I know this isnt the priority now.

Thanks to read me.

52 minutes ago, AbdelKader_Lee said:

Hey nice work but i have 1 question (sorry for my bad grammar, english isnt my first language)

I don't think devs will try make their own take on the French army, but if the faction mod maintains a high level of quality and contains all the necessary assets then there's no reason why it couldn't become a part of the base game. So yes, French might make it into the game if the mod is good enough.

Seeing as some of the devs started as modders as well, I don't see why they would oppose the inclusion of other mods if they meet certain standards of quality and are in line with their vision for the game.

53 minutes ago, AbdelKader_Lee said:

I know a team of modders are doing a mod , that's cool but a mod is a mod , if the french army mod is releasing , the french community player will be separated.

The French army is a great army shouldnt just have a mod and deserve to be in the real game.

And I know that the game developers want a lot of army like in PR.

So i wonder if the French army will be in the game , I know this isnt the priority now.

Thanks to read me.

You must be French ;-) Maybe it would be in game but just after Chinese army.

The only thing i do not like reading is people beeing able to medic other people and getting them up medics are hardly played as it is i can pnly imagine how no one will play them now and getting ready for a lot more screaming “heal me” “medic me” “can you please get me up” and so on.

I like everything else i really do especially the optimization part ;-)

Well done developers ;-)  

9 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

The only thing i do not like reading is people beeing able to medic other people and getting them up medics are hardly played as it is i can pnly imagine how no one will play them now and getting ready for a lot more screaming “heal me” “medic me” “can you please get me up” and so on.

You still need a medic for fully healing you, and remember your stamina sticks to zero if you're not healed. This will just make their life easier while keeping their role crucial in the squad.

Great Update, like always. Does this:

• Each of the four FTs is color and letter-coded, with the VOIP and nametags reflecting the appropriate FT assignment.

mean, we get individual FT-VOIP Channels? That would be great :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KaB said:

You still need a medic for fully healing you, and remember your stamina sticks to zero if you're not healed. This will just make their life easier while keeping their role crucial in the squad.

As a medic main that's simple , you revive the screamers last and tell them many times to shut up , All these people think they are funny and I can't hear enemy steps ,And guess what they do first thing after revive ,they reload their weapons so we can both die .Most people don't deserve the revive ,and they should be forced to play only medic for 20hours before other roles are unlocked for them

Edited by Exionas

A very nice and great recap! V12 is shaping so nicely.

And some more info founded:

Effects for tanks

Sgt_ross_e_carri.jpg

Some detail info on the new RP's wave system

Fuzz_ed_i_rally.jpg

No stabilization for warriors :S

Ross_e_Warior_noon_stabilizzato.jpg

Javelin Status

Fuzz_e_Javelin.jpg?width=1145&height=662

BMP's (YAY!)

Ross_e_BMP.jpg

Future VoIP re-work

Fuzz_e_Voip.jpg?width=1016&height=670

and to end...the T72 desert camo (wich looks seak)

3wx5qvevuzp11.jpg?width=658&height=671

Looks really great. But I have to ask my usual question. Will we finally see then end of people teleporting upwards when being patched up?

5 hours ago, Rook said:

Great Update, like always. Does this:

• Each of the four FTs is color and letter-coded, with the VOIP and nametags reflecting the appropriate FT assignment.

mean, we get individual FT-VOIP Channels? That would be great :)

Not for this iteration, but that might be something that happens in the future.

Maybe someone can help point out the localized vehicle damage numbers?  Is it as simple as hitting ammo box makes big boom // engine slows/disables?

1 hour ago, SeeN said:

Looks really great. But I have to ask my usual question. Will we finally see then end of people teleporting upwards when being patched up?

Honestly nothing is more hilarious to be in the middle of combat and see a dead man fly into heaven.   May he land with his virgins.

Love the recap, very exited for v12. I hope you guys enjoyed your time in Italy, you deserve it.